PDA

View Full Version : Players tear up Hollywood Park Last Night.

Igeteven
06-26-2010, 09:27 AM
7 out of 8 races ran true to form,

Everybody should have won if you played, No excuses.

What ever one played, ex , tri's , pick 3's , pick 4's or even the pick 6,

No body should have lost.

Horseplayersbet.com
06-26-2010, 10:10 AM

Track takeout makes it impossible for everyone to collectively do better than lose between 16-20% of every dollar bet, no matter how easy the winners were to handicap.

speed
06-26-2010, 10:47 AM

What if you only play horses @ 9/1 or better.

Not everybody plays cheap priced horses i suspect.

exiles
06-26-2010, 12:02 PM
[QUOTE=Igeteven]7 out of 8 races ran true to form,

No body should have lost.[/QUOTE

Ridiculous post.

DeanT
06-26-2010, 12:14 PM
I was out and about last night at a simo-centre so I played the early pick 4.

I hit it!

God I'm good.

..... Until I checked my tickets and realized that I lost $70.

Dave Schwartz
06-26-2010, 12:24 PM
Track takeout makes it impossible for everyone to collectively do better than lose between 16-20% of every dollar bet, no matter how easy the winners were to handicap.

Actually, that is not completely true.

I recall seeing entire meets where there were so many huge longshots that hit that you could have wagered $2 on every horse in every race and been profitable. Of course, the favorite-players wind up holding the bag so, in full disclosure, you are correct; not everyone can win.

toussaud
06-26-2010, 12:32 PM
okay mcChalkster

jamey1977
06-26-2010, 02:42 PM
Actually, that is not completely true.

I recall seeing entire meets where there were so many huge longshots that hit that you could have wagered $2 on every horse in every race and been profitable. Of course, the favorite-players wind up holding the bag so, in full disclosure, you are correct; not everyone can win. I have tried all of that. Wow Chalk came in. Go chalk, the longshots come in. Go longshots, the chalk comes in. I even tried to switch to strong chalk when I had an ifffy longshot. The longshot won and I felt like finding a bridge. Stick with the overlays. Chalk will just get your money back. Nothing like a Tyler Baze $24.60. to get back in the picture with profits. Friday Nights are screwed up at Hollywood, just a frickin crap-shoot. I knew choker - Big Wags was gonna lose again. He's like - Mind The Minister - he does not want to win. I pulled the bet and of course he lost. General Dan, . Mind The Minister, Big Wags, Choke City, when they run, that is an easy pass. But -Get Funky my perennial choker. Has won twice. The 3 chokers I mentioned are like my horseplaying career. Can't Win, Won't Win. Something is f------. Up. LOL

Stillriledup
06-26-2010, 03:25 PM
If the pick 4s pay 40 dollars, i get murdered.

If they pay 5,000, i have a good shot to have had it.

You gotta go AGAINST the public in order to win.

Hedevar
06-26-2010, 03:40 PM
Not all of us bet chalk.

BlueShoe
06-26-2010, 03:54 PM

6 out of 8 won by the favorite. The 3rd and 4th won by 3-1 shots that were not favored. And I had a very bad day all over the country. HollyPark just made things worse. :bang:

JustRalph
06-26-2010, 04:14 PM
the worst card I have seen in a long time. I looked at the card and after the 2nd race realized what was coming........... placed one bet all night.

The 8 horse in the last race to win/place and walked away from the computer to do something else........

Sucked!

Zman179
06-27-2010, 09:19 AM

Worst

fmolf
06-27-2010, 09:35 AM
with their small fields it is impossible to make money even using the chalk in the exactas.At tracks or in races with bigger fields i can and do make money using the chalk on top of a few live longshots.Of course i check Barry Meadows "exacta overlay chart and bet no underlaid combinations....

Stillriledup
06-27-2010, 06:54 PM
No hollywood entries for Wednesday?

Robert Fischer
06-28-2010, 12:54 AM

THANK YOU GOOD POST

nobody did lose and PAers were losing SANITY for a brief and unprecedented occasion

I was popping champagne bottles :cool:
BlueShoe was on webcam just throwing money in the air
DeanT had his 'swagger back
JustRalph was on the microphone
Stillriledup bought a big-body luxury sports sedan...

statepierback
06-28-2010, 08:19 AM

I won enough Friday night that there was no need to place a bet the rest of the weekend. The only race I missed was the fourth and I'm mad at myself for missing that.

Igeteven
06-28-2010, 10:23 AM

I won enough Friday night that there was no need to place a bet the rest of the weekend. The only race I missed was the fourth and I'm mad at myself for missing that.

:cool: :ThmbUp:

Igeteven
06-28-2010, 10:26 AM
Worst

I guess you lost your butt friday night, however, thank you for your opinion
:eek:

v j stauffer
06-28-2010, 11:59 AM
No hollywood entries for Wednesday?

Racing Thurs. to Monday.

Dahoss9698
06-28-2010, 12:05 PM
Weird to read a thread where horseplayers are excited about a night where the average win mutuel was $5.20 and average exacta was $24. Not the kind of night I would think players would like.

surfdog89
06-28-2010, 05:57 PM
No Racing Wednesday but instead Thursday Night card.......... looks like more then 4 horses per race............

Igeteven
06-28-2010, 06:13 PM
Weird to read a thread where horseplayers are excited about a night where the average win mutuel was $5.20 and average exacta was $24. Not the kind of night I would think players would like.

When you put $20.00 to win on five horses and win all five, add it up my boy

Not a bad night for me.

Dahoss9698
06-28-2010, 07:05 PM
When you put $20.00 to win on five horses and win all five, add it up my boy

Not a bad night for me.

Congrats I guess, but good luck with that strategy most days.

Igeteven
06-28-2010, 08:07 PM
Congrats I guess, but good luck with that strategy most days.

The only way to play, :)

Dahoss9698
06-28-2010, 10:37 PM
The only way to play, :)

The only way to play is betting favorites to win? Like I said, good luck.

BlueShoe
06-28-2010, 11:55 PM
Somehow I see no connection whatsoever between the number of winning favorites on the card and the bottom line of the player. Faves could win every race or not win a single race, and our results could be good, bad, or indifferent, since most of us play horses at mixed odds. The exception to this, of course, is the dyed-in-the-wool chalk player that just cannot pass up all those lovely short prices.

Igeteven
06-28-2010, 11:55 PM
The only way to play is betting favorites to win? Like I said, good luck.

When you walk out a couple of hundred dollars ahead, too me, that's nice

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Dahoss9698
06-29-2010, 01:07 AM
When you walk out a couple of hundred dollars ahead, too me, that's nice

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

I'm not really sure what you are getting at. You won. Great. You started a thread about it. Double great. Other than patting yourself on the back for hitting win bets on chalk, what is your point here?

Should everyone start a thread when they win?

speed
06-29-2010, 01:33 AM
[QUOTE
Should everyone start a thread when they win?[/QUOTE]

Greatttttt

Now i can start a thread every leap year

Igeteven
06-29-2010, 09:42 AM
I'm not really sure what you are getting at. You won. Great. You started a thread about it. Double great. Other than patting yourself on the back for hitting win bets on chalk, what is your point here?

Should everyone start a thread when they win?

no, however, they ran to form, most people that complain, lost

it shows on some responses, that people have to say something when they lost and it shows

Stillriledup
06-29-2010, 04:11 PM
I think we all should start threads when we win. But, that's just me.

Igeteven
06-29-2010, 04:34 PM

well ,this thread got some action,

Dahoss9698
06-29-2010, 05:28 PM
well ,this thread got some action,

If by action you mean a lot of laughs....yes, you are right.

Dahoss9698
06-29-2010, 05:29 PM

Why exactly? Is winning such a lost art with people here? I don't think that is true. There are a lot of sharp people here. I just don't think they post much because it's tough to wade through all of the stupid stuff.

Stillriledup
06-29-2010, 06:07 PM
Why exactly? Is winning such a lost art with people here? I don't think that is true. There are a lot of sharp people here. I just don't think they post much because it's tough to wade through all of the stupid stuff.

Not really.

I think that if you are a regular contributor here and are used to 'wading thru' stuff, you get to become very good at knowing what you want to read and what you don't want to read. I know the types of threads that i want to read and participate in and i know the threads i want to avoid. Its not that tough if you are here all the time and really know all the posters, their styles and so forth. Of course, you're right, if you show up here once in a blue moon and have no idea who the regulars are, than it could be tough to wade.

Its not that winning is a lost art, its just that its extremely hard to win, even for the best of us. Its not my style to post my pick 6 scores and big hits, but for some people, it is their style. I don't begrudge them if they want to pat themselves on the back once in a while, it feels good to win, once in a while a poster might want to tell the world about it. No big deal to me.

Greyfox
06-29-2010, 07:53 PM
Its not my style to post my pick 6 scores ..... No big deal to me.

Nah...they're routine... eh? :lol:

Igeteven
06-29-2010, 08:12 PM
Nah...they're routine... eh? :lol:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Dahoss9698
06-29-2010, 08:21 PM
Its not that winning is a lost art, its just that its extremely hard to win, even for the best of us. Its not my style to post my pick 6 scores and big hits, but for some people, it is their style. I don't begrudge them if they want to pat themselves on the back once in a while, it feels good to win, once in a while a poster might want to tell the world about it. No big deal to me.

Good for you. No big deal to me either, however when I read a thread praising chalk winning, I thought it was funny and commented about such. Normally, you don't see people thankful that prices were so short. At least not the people I am friends with.

johnhannibalsmith
06-30-2010, 01:04 AM
no, however, they ran to form, most people that complain, lost

Are you sure that it wasn't simply that all the jockeys, trainers, owners with uncoupled entries, stewards, racing secretaries management, and TVG guys were betting on predetermined winners and that's why the prices were so short?

Stillriledup
06-30-2010, 01:47 AM
Good for you. No big deal to me either, however when I read a thread praising chalk winning, I thought it was funny and commented about such. Normally, you don't see people thankful that prices were so short. At least not the people I am friends with.

I hear you. When a slew of chalk wins, i usually lose. Not fun for me either.