PDA

View Full Version : Marquetry

joanied
06-25-2010, 06:31 PM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/57621/marquetry-relocated-to-old-friends?source=rss

Another fine race horse added to Old Friends...I loved watchung this guy run...fast!!

sandpit
06-25-2010, 11:00 PM
Agree Joanie. Because of his unique coloring, he is also eligible to be registered as a paint horse. I saw him at the Vinery years ago, and the stallion manager there told a group of us that he (Marquetry) was the most perfectly conformed horse he had ever seen.

Tom
06-25-2010, 11:02 PM
I remember him from the American Championship Racing Series.

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/06/30/sports/horse-racing-marquetry-wins-gold-cup-in-an-upset.html

ys6eyBHdLn8

joanied
06-26-2010, 10:50 AM
Tom...thanks for posting that race...aewsome!!

Sandpit...yes, he was a gorgeous colt...I'd have to agree with that stallion manager.
There was another Tb that was also used for breeding to Paint mares...a son of Mr. Prospector, Naevus...he had a large white splash on his left side. I had a mre by him...she was all TB, though...and she was huge and gorgeous, with an endearing personality!

FantasticDan
02-01-2013, 10:03 PM
RIP :(

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/75994/marquetry-dies-after-accident-at-old-friends

nijinski
02-01-2013, 11:29 PM
What a beautiful boy he was he and I believe Blowen of Old Friends became really attached to him !

Long may you run free , RIP !

precocity
02-02-2013, 07:57 AM
he was the father of ARTAX one of my favs of all time RIP Marquetry.

CincyHorseplayer
02-02-2013, 09:52 AM
Wonder where Joanied has been?In fact there are a couple of cool chicks I miss hearing from.Where are Joanie,Winter Triangle,and Grits?Hope you are all alive and well out there.

Rod

Shelby
02-02-2013, 01:54 PM
Wonder where Joanied has been?In fact there are a couple of cool chicks I miss hearing from.Where are Joanie,Winter Triangle,and Grits?Hope you are all alive and well out there.

Rod

You read my mind. I got excited when I saw Joanie was posting only to realize it was an older thread.

And,

RIP Marquetry.

CincyHorseplayer
02-02-2013, 02:05 PM
You read my mind. I got excited when I saw Joanie was posting only to realize it was an older thread.

And,

RIP Marquetry.

You're in that bunch too Shelby!You tearing up Oaklawn this winter?

Shelby
02-02-2013, 02:22 PM
You're in that bunch too Shelby!You tearing up Oaklawn this winter?

I hit a good one a couple of weeks ago. :) But, I'll be giving it all back, I'm sure lol.

I haven't played as much as in previous years because it's not on TVG and I'm always running around the house too much to sit down and watch at my computer.

Which reminds me, I gotta start planning if we're going to go in April.

KirisClown
02-02-2013, 03:48 PM
Marquetry's last win...

ht8a6P8KNsM

tucker6
02-02-2013, 10:30 PM

Rod
they are alive and well on another board.

nijinski
02-03-2013, 12:21 AM
Marquetry's last win...

ht8a6P8KNsM

Thanks KC , he made Frankel proud .

Marquetry was a fine horse and did well in the shed too .

He had a following of those who loved his markings . That white blaze tha covered his face those on his legs and I've seen a photo of a rather large
spot on his belly as he reared up . An easy one he was to spot with that paint and chestnut .

Glad he lived out his final days at OF . He got alot of attention there .

classhandicapper
02-03-2013, 12:31 PM
Old Friends seems like a great place. I read some of the commentary from there on Facebook and elsewhere. They loved Marquetry there. The best is Little Silver Charm. He's going to miss his buddy Marquetry.