PDA

View Full Version : P. Val rumor

carlonr
06-25-2010, 12:08 PM
Word on the street is that Patrick Valenzuela has been cleared to ride again in California. Any comments?

Spalding No!
06-25-2010, 12:10 PM
Word on the street is that Patrick Valenzuela has been cleared to ride again in California. Any comments?
Merge this with the Kuntzweiler thread.

andymays
06-25-2010, 12:11 PM
Word on the street is that Patrick Valenzuela has been cleared to ride again in California. ANY COMMENTS?

He's gonna have a hard time getting good mounts and his skills aren't anywhere close to what they used to be. I hope he doesn't get so frustrated he goes off stride with the drugs again.

Having said all that I hope he does well.

Wickel
06-25-2010, 12:18 PM

Could you elaborate a bit more on your source or sources? Haven't seen anything in the media. Personally, I still think PV has what it takes to compete in Southern Cal, and trainers and owners can be very forgiving if their winning.

cj
06-25-2010, 12:23 PM
He will have a hard time on rubber if he rides like he did in his glory days.

lamboguy
06-25-2010, 12:53 PM
He will have a hard time on rubber if he rides like he did in his glory days.
he is not a rubber rider, he would be wasting his time in california. at least now he is getting on good horses in a state that loves horse racing

Deepsix
06-25-2010, 01:38 PM
I'm never surprised by ANYTHING concerning racing, BUT IMO it would be a HUGE mistake for the CHRB to license Pval in to Calif. I've followed Pval as long as the rest of you, ups and downs, but my opinion is that Pval had his card punched (you only get so many (x = many) rides/chances and then you tap out).

jamey1977
06-25-2010, 02:14 PM
P. Vals glory days are behind him. I remember the last comeback, he was getting mounts and he barely got a winner. After about 23 rides. Tyler Baze the speedo speed rider does just fine.

Sericm
06-25-2010, 02:40 PM
Why would anyone waste any money betting on this drug laden, shave your body hairless, loser is a mystery to me.

Its bad enough when a sober jockey blows a race, but to bet on this guy never knowing whether he is f----d up or not is mind boggling.

He shouldn't be given a license in any racing venue.:ThmbDown:

Roy C
06-25-2010, 03:03 PM
Is it April 1st today?

Trotman
06-25-2010, 05:37 PM
PVal has had so many chances it's a joke and yet people seem to believe his soft story of one more chance and grant it. And while we're at it this was my point with the Greta thread :bang:

Bruddah
06-25-2010, 05:49 PM
The way I feel about PVal is:

Once = shame on PVal
2x = shame on me
3x = what the f--k!
4x = one of us is crazy
5x = it ain't me mofo
6x = shoot the little bastard if he gets near a horse.

Greyfox
06-25-2010, 06:37 PM
I was a huge PVal fan.
He had the potential to become one of the all time greats.
His self-destruction was sad to see.
I believe that he should have been suspended nation wide if they had evidence to remove his license in any State.
My memory isn't that clear on the last suspension from California, it's been awhile now. I seem to recall that they didn't have hard evidence of drug abuse but he pulled his tack anyways. (I'm not talking about the time he shaved his body.)
The fact that there are other doors open within the U.S.A. when a jock or trainer gets suspended on a given circuit is a problem that needs to be addressed with more commitment.
The powers that be should use a baseball rule: Three Strikes You're Out.
(And no they don't get to play 9 innings either.)