PDA

View Full Version : 100 Americans the Left Hates the Most: Glenn Beck #1

andymays
06-25-2010, 11:18 AM
http://townhall.com/blog/g/1dec355e-ce03-439b-b702-8d835c012d57

Excerpt:

As we have watched the ongoing fight in America over the direction of the country, the actions of the Obama administration and Democratic Congress, and the efforts of the tea party movement, the Townhall editorial team has noticed a disturbing pattern: the American Left is trashing everyone who dares to stand against them.

The more effective the voices that oppose their agenda, the greater the venom the Left spews in their direction.

It’s this out-of-control behavior from our fellow citizens who are sold out to the ultraliberal progressive Obama agenda to “radically transform” the United States that led us to create this list of “The 100 Americans the Left Hates Most.”

The Townhall editorial staff compiled a massive list of those we believe have the largest bull’s-eyes painted on them by the Left and the Democrat-dominated government. From that list, through a process of voting, debating and prioritizing, we assembled the final 100.

boxcar
06-25-2010, 11:38 AM

Excerpt:

As we have watched the ongoing fight in America over the direction of the country, the actions of the Obama administration and Democratic Congress, and the efforts of the tea party movement, the Townhall editorial team has noticed a disturbing pattern: the American Left is trashing everyone who dares to stand against them.

The more effective the voices that oppose their agenda, the greater the venom the Left spews in their direction.

It’s this out-of-control behavior from our fellow citizens who are sold out to the ultraliberal progressive Obama agenda to “radically transform” the United States that led us to create this list of “The 100 Americans the Left Hates Most.”

The Townhall editorial staff compiled a massive list of those we believe have the largest bull’s-eyes painted on them by the Left and the Democrat-dominated government. From that list, through a process of voting, debating and prioritizing, we assembled the final 100.

:sleeping: :sleeping: What else is new? The Left hates anyone who loves freedom, individual liberties and the the free market. If someone isn't in the same propagandized stupor of the leftists, you're put on their manure list.

Boxcar
P.S. But I do have to wonder at how Beck reached number one. Almost daily Rush plays soundbites about him the MM. Hardly a day goes by when someone on one of the in-the-tank-for-BO networks isn't bashing Rush.

PhantomOnTour
06-25-2010, 11:42 AM

Excerpt:

Awesome lil hate project there. You decided the laft hates these people the most and you decided to rank them as well...what the hell good does this do? Proof that folks have too much time on their hands. Some folks need more productive things to do besides dream up 'hate lists'...how pitiful. It says more about you than those you try to point the finger at. You should be sooooo proud of yourself.

andymays
06-25-2010, 11:50 AM
Awesome lil hate project there. You decided the laft hates these people the most and you decided to rank them as well...what the hell good does this do? Proof that folks have too much time on their hands. Some folks need more productive things to do besides dream up 'hate lists'...how pitiful. It says more about you than those you try to point the finger at. You should be sooooo proud of yourself.

Just in case you weren't able to tell, I'm not the author of the article.

The authors name is Chris Field

PhantomOnTour
06-25-2010, 11:55 AM
Just in case you couldn't tell I'm not the author of the article.

The authors name is Chris Field
And why did YOU decide to post the article? Because YOU disagree with it? It obviously appealed to you since you took the time to post it here!

jballscalls
06-25-2010, 11:56 AM
what happened to Glen anyways, just read his ratings are wayyyy down this year. he still wins his timeslot but he's gone from 3.4 million viewers in 09 to 2.2 or something now. last friday they said he had 1.7 million viewers.

i haven't watched him in a while, a buddy of mine says his show has turned more into a college lecture than an opinion show and he thinks thats why people are losing interest in him.

Bill O still my fave

andymays
06-25-2010, 11:58 AM
And why did YOU decide to post the article? Because YOU disagree with it? It obviously appealed to you since you took the time to post it here!

In case you've never noticed, I try to post stuff that gets the most rise out of people.

Red meat in the arena.

Is there some rule that I've violated here? You could always provide me a list of what is acceptable and what isn't if you'd like. ;)

It obviously tweaked you a little so tell us why the author is wrong.

jballscalls
06-25-2010, 12:02 PM
In case you've never noticed, I try to post stuff that gets the most rise out of people.

you generally post stuff that is anti obama anti left and that will get the fab five of the right here fired up, and it usually works and is mildly entertaining, keep it up

Marshall Bennett
06-25-2010, 12:04 PM
I'm conservative and I don't like him . He's a spoiled brat . I don't like spoiled brats regardless what they represent . :)

andymays
06-25-2010, 12:04 PM
you generally post stuff that is anti obama anti left and that will get the fab five of the right here fired up, and it usually works and is mildly entertaining, keep it up

I intend to. :ThmbUp:

PhantomOnTour
06-25-2010, 12:08 PM

Red meat in the arena.

Is there some rule that I've violated here? You could always provide me a list of what is acceptable and what isn't if you'd like. ;)

It obviously tweaked you a little so tell us why the author is wrong.
Have you ever posted anything to 'get a rise' out of rightwingers?

No, you haven't violated any rule, but just because you have the right doesn't mean that it is right...seen? Just because it is legal does not mean it isn't juvenile. Your upbringing should have provided you with a 'list' of what is acceptable behavior. I can't help you there.

Lame, finger pointing, hate driven 'studies or lists' like this always tweak me as they display the worst qualities in man, imo...let us not construst, but rather destruct, for we have nothing better to do today.

andymays
06-25-2010, 12:15 PM
No, you haven't violated any rule, but just because you have the right doesn't mean that it is right...seen? Just because it is legal does not mean it isn't juvenile. Your upbringing should have provided you with a 'list' of what is acceptable behavior. I can't help you there.

Lame, finger pointing, hate driven 'studies or lists' like this always tweak me as they display the worst qualities in man, imo...let us not construst, but rather destruct, for we have nothing better to do today.

You seem to want to take this in a personal direction and that isn't usually too productive but knock yourself out if it feels good.

I usually post what I want to post and will continue to do so no matter how badly is chaps your ass.

Heres the full article in PDF for your viewing pleasure. ;)

dartman51
06-25-2010, 12:15 PM
I'm conservative and I don't like him . He's a spoiled brat . I don't like spoiled brats regardless what they represent . :)

Just curious....how exactly is he a spoiled brat??

Black Ruby
06-25-2010, 12:22 PM
Drunkie, junkie, and believes his bible was translated by a guy with two seer stones in a hat. Beck's laughable, not hatable.

TJDave
06-25-2010, 12:26 PM
As a traditional conservative, I consider Beck and Limbaugh an embarrassment.

God, how I miss Bill Buckley. :rolleyes:

PhantomOnTour
06-25-2010, 12:26 PM
You seem to want to take this in a personal direction and that isn't usually too productive but knock yourself out if it feels good.

I usually post what I want to post and will continue to do so no matter how badly is chaps your ass.
I am sure you will continue to post mindless studies...knock yourself out as I know it feels good for ya.

Bottom line for me is the article stated that they "voted, debated, and prioritized" to come up with the list. Not to mention the research....time well spent....as was posting it.

andymays
06-25-2010, 12:28 PM
I am sure you will continue to post mindless studies...knock yourself out as I know it feels good for ya.

Bottom line for me is the article stated that they "voted, debated, and prioritized" to come up with the list. Not to mention the research....time well spent....as was posting it.

Thanks for the approval. I'll continue to do just that.

boxcar
06-25-2010, 12:29 PM
Drunkie, junkie, and believes his bible was translated by a guy with two seer stones in a hat. Beck's laughable, not hatable.

Such intolerance, BR. Such a lack of understanding. Where is your empathy that is supposed to characterize libs? Tsk, tsk, tsk. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

46zilzal
06-25-2010, 12:29 PM
Why is the term HATE always used? I think many are just CLOWNS...They create no animosity just laughter.

andymays
06-25-2010, 12:31 PM
Why is the term HATE always used? I think many are just CLOWNS...They create no animosity just laughter.

It's used in different ways with different meanings.

When people are at the track and say they "love" a horse do they really love it? It's the same with the word "hate".

Tom
06-25-2010, 12:40 PM

Have you ever posed these questions to Sec of hcap?

PhantomOnTour
06-25-2010, 12:46 PM
Have you ever posed these questions to Sec of hcap?
Good point Tom. I will be on the lookout! Those types of threads will come from the left when Obama is voted out, which will be in 2012...or perhaps after the Nov elections when Dems get the boot. Stay tuned, we know it's coming.

boxcar
06-25-2010, 12:50 PM

That's why the left constantly vilifies, excoriates, insults and ridicules its political opponents -- all while ignoring the substance of a matter.

Boxcar

ArlJim78
06-25-2010, 01:04 PM

The funny part about that is that I'm pretty sure Bill Buckley adored Rush Limbaugh.

Mike at A+
06-25-2010, 03:14 PM
Our president admits to cocaine use.

Tom
06-25-2010, 03:16 PM
Good point Tom. I will be on the lookout! Those types of threads will come from the left when Obama is voted out, which will be in 2012...or perhaps after the Nov elections when Dems get the boot. Stay tuned, we know it's coming.Keep your eyes open - hcap is still posting from Bush's 10th year in office! :lol::lol::lol:

JustRalph
06-25-2010, 03:52 PM
In spite of the Altruistic nature proclaimed by phantom, and his condemnation, the thread starter got what he wanted, a pretty decent thread. I would say that is the goal and he achieved it. Btw, I had just finished printing out the list to put on my desk to read later when I pulled up this thread. I rarely print anything out, but thought the document might be one to hold on to for the future.

TjDave, I am with you on your Buckley post, but Buckley was never as effective as Beck or Limbaugh. Not even close. Limbaugh was almost single handedly responsible for the 94 take over of the house and Beck is making his own inroads. There are lessor conservatives in media that make up the whole shooting match and together they have their own agenda etc. But together they all are much more effective than Buckley ever was.

Guys like Prager, Thomas Sowell and Walter Williams are great too. Dennis Miller is one I like to listen to occasionally and he gets a completely different audience. All brands of conservatives have a voice now. That never happen with Buckley and the mags. Never.

alytim
06-25-2010, 03:58 PM
The funny part about that is that I'm pretty sure Bill Buckley adored Rush Limbaugh.

I'm pretty sure Rush Limbaugh adored P. T. Barnum.

Robert Goren
06-25-2010, 04:15 PM
Bill Buckley was a different kind of Conservative than Rush and Beck. He was more in line with Ron Paul. He had no use for racists like George Wallace and conspiracy theory people like the JBS. He was more of an intellectual conservative while Rush and Beck are more Popularist. I think Rush has bigger following than Buckley had. Beck hasn't been around long enough to compare with Buckley.

newtothegame
06-25-2010, 04:21 PM

Lol alot of respect for ya Phantom...but being on the opposite side of most things with you, I feel compelled to answer.....:lol:

You post the above...specifically what I bolded and you have been knee deep in this thread from almost the start......too much time on your hands??? lol

Marshall Bennett
06-25-2010, 04:40 PM
Just curious....how exactly is he a spoiled brat??
He quite obviously acts the part of one . I never watch his program , perhaps once or twice for a moment , but have seen him numerous times interviewed by others . Am I suppose to suck up to every conservative talk show host regardless of their personality ?

NJ Stinks
06-25-2010, 08:45 PM
Ten reasons why this liberal thinks this list is a joke. (With apologies to PhantomOnTour for playing along! ;) )

1. Where the hell is Jon Kyl? :mad: He's the biggest loser on the right except for maybe

2. Mitch McConnell who was screwed when placed 60th.

3. Murdoch was also dissed at #20. He belongs in the second slot.

4. Everybody knows Dick Cheney is #1.

5. Why Don Imus made the list at all is beyond me.

6. Liz Cheney is - in racing parlance - "no factor".

7. Pat Buchannan does not deserve to be on the list. He's learned a lot on MSNBC. :p

8. Dick Morris is going to go ballistic when he finds out he is 55th.

9. Dennis Prager should not make the top 100. His Male/Female Hour has helped too many guy libs to make this hate list! :D

10. Boxcar was screwed! :mad:

andymays
06-25-2010, 08:47 PM
Ten reasons why this liberal thinks this list is a joke. (With apologies to PhantomOnTour for playing along! ;) )

1. Where the hell is Jon Kyl? :mad: He's the biggest loser on the right except for maybe

2. Mitch McConnell who was screwed when placed 60th.

3. Murdoch was also dissed at #20. He belongs in the second slot.

4. Everybody knows Dick Cheney is #1.

5. Why Don Imus made the list at all is beyond me.

6. Liz Cheney is - in racing parlance - "no factor".

7. Pat Buchannan does not deserve to be on the list. He's learned a lot on MSNBC. :p

8. Dick Morris is going to go ballistic when he finds out he is 55th.

9. Dennis Prager should not make the top 100. His Male/Female Hour has helped to many guy libs to make this hate list! :D

10. Boxcar was screwed! :mad:

I think this thread is working out pretty well. ;)

I think Imus made it because he's on Fox. Since he's been there he's become a little more conservative than in the past.

Jay Trotter
06-25-2010, 10:34 PM
Why is Beck #1?

Gee, it wouldn't be because they want to use his book to add subscribers???

Me tinks placing him #1 may have been a little self-serving!!!

http://media.townhall.com/townhall/june10books/beck3blogheader.jpg (http://magazine.townhall.com/Featured)

Townhall.com The Blogspot for Political, Conservative and Republican Blogs and Bloggers

Thursday, June 24, 2010 The Most-Hated Americans: Glenn Beck #1 (http:///blog/g/1dec355e-ce03-439b-b702-8d835c012d57)

Tom
06-25-2010, 10:39 PM
Why is Beck #1?

Gee, it wouldn't be because they want to use his book to add subscribers???

Me tinks placing him #1 may have been a little self-serving!!!

And....doncha just HATE that! ;):D

WinterTriangle
07-21-2010, 06:42 PM
TjDave, I am with you on your Buckley post, but Buckley was never as effective as Beck or Limbaugh. Not even close.

There is no comparison between a man like Buckley and the Limbaugh's and Becks. Buckley probably wouldn't be effective today because of his solid intellect and wit.

Because I believe that many people who listen to Beck and Limbaugh today couldn't parse thru even the simplest essay Buckley wrote, on his worst day. Let alone write any of his books.

I used to enjoy talking politics back in that day. That was before it was dumbed-down by name-calling and boisterous loud voices of Limbaugh, and the quivering deep insecurities of Beck (his alcholic past is still so present in his psychology). Now he has the LDS and conspiracy theories to bolster him.

Gary Wills, who remained lifelong friends with Buckley, even though they had differing opinions.......Wills had a real mind and intellect. We are talking people with amazing educational foundations in greek and philosophy, history and government.

Today, conservatism on the radio sounds like Jerry Springer on the tv (to me). Whoever described Limbaugh style as "bouncing between earnest lecturer and political vaudevillian" had it right. Can you imagine Buckley or Wills playing "Barack the Magic Negro"? Their minds were much better than that and they left the frat-boy stuff behind many years ago in their early development...while Beck and Limbaugh were busy dropping out of college, Buckley was creating institutions like The National Review. He had "vocabulary".

BTW, I've seen Buckley speak many times. I've also met Glen Beck, since I lived in Hamden/New Haven, CT for 15 years, during the time Beck was on the radio there. He was a top-40 DJ.

We don't have statesmen anymore. We have *entertainers*. (On BOTH sides.)

GameTheory
07-21-2010, 06:53 PM
We don't have statesmen anymore. We have *entertainers*. (On BOTH sides.)We still have statesmen. They do writing like Buckley did. But now we *also* have entertainers.

I find no shortage of intelligent stuff to read on politics and policy. Probably more now than there ever was in terms of raw volume, if not percentage. They just rarely talk about it on the radio.

prospector
07-21-2010, 08:23 PM

interesting...i consider myself as a fiscal conserative and they don't bother me..

seems like an honor to be on that list the left hates..:D

JustRalph
07-21-2010, 11:40 PM
There is no comparison between a man like Buckley and the Limbaugh's and Becks. Buckley probably wouldn't be effective today because of his solid intellect and wit.

You See, I see it differently. You have it backwards. When I wrote that Buckley wasn't effective as those today, I was referring to the fact that today's Conservative mouthpiece is on radio, TV and issues a monthly magazine etc. Buckley could never reach what Limbaugh and Beck do in a day, via his writings alone. Btw, I don't put Beck in the same category of Limbaugh, or other conservatives like Levin and Judge Napolitano. Although I think the Judge might just be much more of a Libertarian.

You can talk down to those who listen to Beck/Limbaugh etc if you want. You seem to feel you are above it. You seem to think the real action flows downward from the mouthpieces....... I tend to think more than you, that much flows upward to the mouthpieces. Much more than Buckley ever had coming his way. It's the nature of the beast today with email etc. Two different times in history. They have things in common, but they are totally different.

delayjf
07-22-2010, 12:21 AM
Because I believe that many people who listen to Beck and Limbaugh today couldn't parse thru even the simplest essay Buckley wrote, on his worst day. Let alone write any of his books.

I think that's why people relate better to Limbaugh / Beck. Buckley, intelligent as he was, was tough to follow. George Will can be the same way, I usually have to read his columns twice to totally understand the gist of what he's saying.