PDA

View Full Version : To MH1-The value of TSH

Moe Mony
08-30-2001, 03:29 AM
MH1,

Form, however and whover defines it, like philosophy, is a slippery rock. But I've come to the conclusion that 'form', whatever it's definition, supercedes class, pace, trainer intent, etc.. I'm only into what works in an efficient and accurate manner for my current style of 'cappin; and yeah, we're all lookin' for shortcuts, but efficient and accurate ones. Forget the 'why's and wherefore's'.

All I'm stating MH1, is the value that I've found in TSH is the form ratings. I use TSH in my current handicapping method to narrow down the win contenders, INITIALLY, in my handicapping method. What I use thereafter to seperate these contenders, is my business.

Based on the TSH form ratings, one may find the race winner from the following TSH form ratings on 8-30-01 from the following tracks (remember, before scratches, which can change the initial contenders), BY SADDLECLOTH #.

ARLINGTON:

RACE 1: 3/5/6

RACE 3: 2/3/4

RACE 5: 2/5/8

RACE 7: 2/5/6

RACE 9: 5/8/12

EMERALD DOWNS:

RACE 2: 1/3/4

RACE 4: 2/4/6

RACE 6: 3/4/5

RACE 7: 1/3/6

RACE 8: 1/3/6..........CIAO!

FortuneHunter
08-30-2001, 11:35 AM
Dear Moe,

Our Handicapping Project (www.handicappers-datamine.com) and your concept are very similar. Our methodology is also based on finding the “True Form” hence the name “TruForm” for our handicapping Worksheets and Selections. We use the following factors in our algorithm to determine form:

Recent Speed
Recent Pace
Days Off
Last Track (On circuit, Off circuit)
Last Finish
Workouts

What does TSH use??
Do they have a Website??

For Saratoga 2001 Meet thru Week 5, our top 3 selections have a Win% of 60% with an ROI of $0.93 (3 bets per race, where $1.00 is breakeven)

Below is our “TruForm” selections for Saratoga Thurs 8/30/01 by Official Program Number:

Race 1: 2, 15, 1 -- alt. 8
Race 2: 3, 8, 4
Race 3: 5, 8, 7
Race 4: 3, 4, 2
Race 5: 7, 12, 1 -- alt. 5
Race 6: 6, 2, 5
Race 7: 1, 9, 6
Race 8: 7, 8, 4
Race 9: 1/1a, 3, 6

If you get a chance, post the TSH Saratoga “form” horses for today and we can compare notes.

Looking forward to future discussions on form, FH

Moe Mony
08-31-2001, 02:13 AM
FH,

I don't know what TSH uses for form factors.

I don't know if TSH has a website as ITS holds the rights to the software.

I do know that TSH does not configure ratings for many a mdn./mdn. clmg. race and some turf races. As a result, I did not post TSH form ratings for Saratoga's card today. (Tom, I don't know if you're right about Woodbine, but I do know that you're comments about this Saratoga meet are 'right on' on the Gen. Disscussion Board!)

In the demonstration I posted for MH1 of using TSH form ratings as a starting point to 'duece' the winners at ARL. Park and EMR. Downs today, the winner was found in 4 out of 5 race contenders for ARL. today, and 2 out of 5 races for EMR., after an adjustment at EMR. for a scratch in the 7th race. Not too shabby.

I use TSH in combination with another software program to key a win contender on top in a 'low spread' exacta swing to two other horses when acceptable odds are on my side. For me, it makes the exacta a sorta 'non-exotic' bet. As a result, I pass many a race, but have enough play and profit between 3 to 4 tracks a day and am able to let the odds 'come to me' in ZIPPO handicapping time for exacta play, cause I use the factors I've found in the present handicapping technology without wondering why or how it works (we all use alot of technology to get results without EXACTLY knowing how it works; ie: cell phones, HDTV, computer hardware...etc.)

What would you specifically like to discuss about form?