PDA

View Full Version : How many people are left really playing California Racing

Igeteven
06-25-2010, 09:56 AM
I am curious to see how many people that are left that are really playing California Racing, I know a few, however, what I see in the posts, there are not many left.

After Stronach grand performance, I guessing, maybe 3,

So please vote or post

Greyfox
06-25-2010, 11:03 AM
I'm not so sure about your poll question.
Some of your responders may never have played California on a regular basis.

Igeteven
06-25-2010, 11:09 AM
I'm not so sure about your poll question.
Some of your responders may never have played California on a regular basis.

I make it simple,

do you place any type of bet at the California tracks, if so, vote yes, if not ,vote no

BetCrazyGirl
06-25-2010, 11:28 AM
Maybe you should ask who use to play but had stopped.

Greyfox
06-25-2010, 11:31 AM

Exactly. BetCrazyGirl:ThmbUp:

There's a motive behind the question above.
He could have asked Who is left really playing NYRA tracks? or Florida tracks?
I seldom play NYRA.
Does that mean I left them? No. Yet I would have to answer yes.
Personally, I don't see this poll revealing much value.

Igeteven
06-25-2010, 11:33 AM

have you stop? if you have stop, vote No :bang:

Igeteven
06-25-2010, 11:35 AM

I seldom play NYRA.

I am take a poll for Obama Administration, do you want to help ?

So vote and move on.

Greyfox
06-25-2010, 11:35 AM
have you stop? if you have stop, vote No :bang:

No use the head beating emoticon IGE.
If you ask the wrong question, you'll get the wrong answers.

Igeteven
06-25-2010, 11:36 AM
No use the head beating emoticon IGE.
If you ask the wrong question, you'll get the wrong answers.

VOTE

Greyfox
06-25-2010, 11:40 AM
VOTE

I voted.
But my response won't tell you much.

Igeteven
06-25-2010, 11:42 AM
I voted.
But my response won't tell you much.

Thank You

:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

kenwoodall2
06-25-2010, 12:39 PM
I voted yes because I'm playing the dirt fairs, but not SoCal, Is that OK?

JohnGalt1
06-25-2010, 01:02 PM
In the central time zone, California tracks start at 3 PM, perfect for me after work. Noon is too early, 6 PM too late, though I may put some bets in at the 6 PM tracks.

BetCrazyGirl
06-25-2010, 01:55 PM

I seldom play NYRA.

I agree Greyfox

Igeteven
06-25-2010, 04:08 PM
I agree Greyfox

I am take a poll for Obama Administration, :lol:

JBmadera
06-25-2010, 04:09 PM
I think the poll is cool and does speak to the primary issue - CA racing, esp so cal, used to be top notch. honestly it's a damn shame to see what's going on out here. hell, i live in CA and i haven't been to the track in years. frankly i would rather bet UK racing, love ATR, then any so cal meet other than del mar (and we'll see about del mar this year).

jb

shouldacoulda
06-25-2010, 04:55 PM
I look at them but I find it hard to play a race with 5 horses where 2 are near even money. If the trainers just want to run for the purse without a possibility of no payout then let them fund it.

Horseplayersbet.com
06-25-2010, 10:06 PM
Someone must playing, they average something like $700,000 a race plus in handle don't they?

Tom
06-25-2010, 11:14 PM
Why would anything Frankeee does stop me from playing a good race?

Igeteven
06-26-2010, 12:25 AM
Someone must playing, they average something like $700,000 a race plus in handle don't they?

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

statepierback
06-26-2010, 02:28 AM
I follow the circuit and If I see something I like I bet it. The betting tactics have changed because of the smaller fields. I seem to do much better on the cushion track than any of the other phony surfaces in California. Plus I enjoy the California fair season. Once Del Mar starts my interest will fade some, I not fond of the Polycrap.

toussaud
06-26-2010, 06:48 AM
In the central time zone, California tracks start at 3 PM, perfect for me after work. Noon is too early, 6 PM too late, though I may put some bets in at the 6 PM tracks.

this.

perfect timing.

surfdog89
06-26-2010, 09:17 AM
I just play the So. Cal circuit and not happy with the lack of horses and surfaces....... but after years of playing and watching races it is the only Circuit that I had some insight with.

http://handicapperscorner.blogspot.com/

Igeteven
06-26-2010, 09:29 AM
I think the poll is cool and does speak to the primary issue - CA racing, esp so cal, used to be top notch. honestly it's a damn shame to see what's going on out here. hell, i live in CA and i haven't been to the track in years. frankly i would rather bet UK racing, love ATR, then any so cal meet other than del mar (and we'll see about del mar this year).

jb

:ThmbUp:

Igeteven
06-26-2010, 10:31 AM
The poll is doing very well, if one reads between the lines, California Racing holds the key to racing across the United States

Greyfox
06-26-2010, 10:52 AM
California Racing holds the key to racing across the United States

??? Huh???? :faint: I'm floored.
That seems to be a huge assumption to make with or without that poll, (which I've already said is flawed.)

Igeteven
06-26-2010, 10:55 AM
??? Huh???? :faint: I'm floored.
That seems to be a huge assumption to make with or without that poll, (which I've already said is flawed.)

What the hell, do you have a hair up your butt over this, what is setting you off?

Greyfox
06-26-2010, 11:21 AM
What the hell, do you have a hair up your butt over this, what is setting you off?

Nothing is setting me off. I just think that a poll wherein no one knows the regions that the contributors are voting from leaves for a huge sampling error. Secondly the wrong question was asked from the start. Thirdly there is no way that you can compare it to a similar poll at other circuits.
Simply stated, your poll is too flawed to draw any meaningful conclusions from.
If you don't see that, I can't help you.
Perhaps someone else on the board can.

To draw the conclusion that California holds the key to racing across the United States from 90 posters who have responded so far is just plain absurd.
If the poll is really saying that, and I can't see it, let me use Rudyard Kipling's words to say: "You're a better man than me Gunga din."

Igeteven
06-26-2010, 11:25 AM
Nothing is setting me off. I just think that a poll wherein no one knows the regions that the contributors are voting from leaves for a huge sampling error. Secondly the wrong question was asked from the start. Thirdly there is no way that you can compare it to a similar poll at other circuits.
Simply stated, your poll is too flawed to draw any meaningful conclusions from.
If you don't see that, I can't help you.
Perhaps someone else on the board can.

To draw the conclusion that California holds the key to racing across the United States from 90 posters who have responded so far is just plain absurd.
If the poll is really saying that, and I can't see it, let me use Rudyard Kipling's words to say: "You're a better man than me Gunga din."

it's nothing but a straw poll, nothing more, however, one can read between the lines that people want good horse racing in California and across the nation.

Igeteven
06-26-2010, 11:27 AM
Too all the people who don't post, one can vote, ones name will NOT be disclosed

So Vote.

Greyfox
06-26-2010, 11:37 AM
people want good horse racing in California and across the nation.

On that we agree.:ThmbUp:

Igeteven
06-26-2010, 11:41 AM
On that we agree.:ThmbUp:

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

senortout
06-26-2010, 01:06 PM
I voted yes, use my name.

California racing still has good things to offer.

A very good jockey colony

Top trainers

cut-throat claiming maneuvers

deep wagering pools

astounding pix-6 carryovers(although I don't play it)

and,
just as many uneducated players as anywhere else in the country to bet against....just food for thought

Igeteven
06-26-2010, 06:12 PM

Top trainers

deep wagering pools

and,
just as many uneducated players as anywhere else in the country to bet against....just food for thought

I heard on radio, that they take half of all bets that are made in horse racing,

IMO, I would like to see proof on this.

Igeteven
06-27-2010, 12:55 AM

Top trainers

deep wagering pools

and,

:ThmbUp:

fmolf
06-27-2010, 09:27 AM
The question should read as such:.....Do you wager less on cal. tracks now than you have in the past?.......
Personally i have not wagered one slim nickel on a track that has plastic track, and this includes their turf races as well!

philcski
06-27-2010, 11:04 AM
I heard on radio, that they take half of all bets that are made in horse racing,

IMO, I would like to see proof on this.

This is an overstatement... but not as much as one might think. I'd guess it's about 25-30%.

As for the poll question, I still care about Cal Racing. Haven't been punting it as much as I used to, but haven't abandoned it completely either.

Igeteven
06-27-2010, 01:23 PM
This poll show everyone, why California is so important to the industry