PDA

View Full Version : I want an investigation immediately!!!PN rce 3

only11
06-24-2010, 07:38 PM
Race #3..Are you kidding ...take a close look @ the 2 and 5..I had a win bet on 2..Before looking at this race ...look at race 2.. the track Bias was the inside....

Ok here we go the 2 and 5 break evenly there running along side each other until they hit the far turn.........
Somehow the 2 lets the 5 into his position..and now the 2 is in the 5 position...hhmmm.. the BEST part of the track was inside look at the previous race i had the runnerup....The 5 scoots the rail ...the 2 now in the worst part of the track...
The rest is history 5 opens up BEST part of the track..which @ one point was held by the 2...
And the 2 takes the trip lane in which the 5 ONCE HELD...
Please look closely or is it me ...

only11
06-24-2010, 07:43 PM
I just took a look several times...more convinced now i want a investigation,,,,

Hanover1
06-24-2010, 07:52 PM
No inquiry posted? If not, I pose the thought that either.both/all parties were aware of a propensity of one horse to drift in the lane. The other waited on the drift, and when it occured, took advantage of the open lane. Happens alot..........

only11
06-24-2010, 07:54 PM
Hanover it was a Herve Filion race..Let someone in the pocket that way i could come first over and get 2nd

the little guy
06-24-2010, 08:00 PM
Race #3..Are you kidding ...take a close look @ the 2 and 5..I had a win bet on 2..Before looking at this race ...look at race 2.. the track Bias was the inside....

Ok here we go the 2 and 5 break evenly there running along side each other until they hit the far turn.........
Somehow the 2 lets the 5 into his position..and now the 2 is in the 5 position...hhmmm.. the BEST part of the track was inside look at the previous race i had the runnerup....The 5 scoots the rail ...the 2 now in the worst part of the track...
The rest is history 5 opens up BEST part of the track..which @ one point was held by the 2...
And the 2 takes the trip lane in which the 5 ONCE HELD...
Please look closely or is it me ...

The 5 accelerated by the 2. That often happens when one horse is better than another. I too hate when this happens to one of my poor selections.

andymays
06-24-2010, 08:01 PM
You seem to be getting screwed on a regular basis.

Try Garlic. Wear it and eat it.

See what happens and get back to us. ;)

only11
06-24-2010, 08:04 PM
If i hung myself from a tree the branch will BREAK...andy take a look at the race

andymays
06-24-2010, 08:11 PM
If i hung myself from a tree the branch will BREAK...andy take a look at the race

It's the fair and you bet on Modesto Linares. At this class level with these Jockeys anything can happen. I really didn't see anything unusual. He may have done better staying in the path you wanted him to stay in but all in all I would say not to dwell on it and try the Garlic. ;)

Besides that do you really want the CHRB investigating anything? Did you listen to the meeting the other day? They'll probably fine you. :)

picojim
06-24-2010, 08:24 PM
It's the fair and you bet on Modesto Linares. At this class level with these Jockeys anything can happen. I really didn't see anything unusual. He may have done better staying in the path you wanted him to stay in but all in all I would say not to dwell on it and try the Garlic. ;)

Besides that do you really want the CHRB investigating anything? Did you listen to the meeting the other day? They'll probably fine you. :)

he's talking about Penn National not Pleasanton

andymays
06-24-2010, 08:24 PM
:lol:

I'm choking. I'll watch the real race when I'm done choking if I'm still alive.

I think the guy on the #2 at PN :lol: got off the rail because his mount wasn't liking it all that much. The #5 switched to the inside when the two in front of him floated wide coming into the stretch.

I'd still try the Garlic even if it was Penn National.

Go ahead and complain to the CHRB anyway. ;)

I don't know if I can participate in these threads anymore. You might cause me to go off stride and I don't need any more of that. ;)

lamboguy
06-24-2010, 08:26 PM
i don't know anything about this race, but om11 got something right here, every single race should be investigated before they mark up the official sign.

if you want to see a mindblower take a look at louisiana downs today the 5th race. you look at this fine horses pp's the 5 horse and tell me how that one wins this race this afternoon. the trainer had to put in a prayer to the lord, and the good lord listened!

Edward DeVere
06-24-2010, 08:45 PM
if you want to see a mindblower take a look at louisiana downs today the 5th race. you look at this fine horses pp's the 5 horse and tell me how that one wins this race this afternoon. the trainer had to put in a prayer to the lord, and the good lord listened!

I will bet cheapies in any state in this country EXCEPT Louisiana. My ROI on $5000 claimers (and cheaper) in Louisiana is so bad that I simply pass any such races.

saratoga guy
06-24-2010, 08:49 PM

Thanks for the heads-up -- after the reference to Filion I was looking for a harness track with a PN abbreviation.

Back to the race:

The original post's description seems a little disingenuous -- it sounded like the #2 opened up the rail for the #5.

Instead, what happened was, the 5 goes by the 2 on the outside around the turn, eventually separating himself from that one while at the same time coming up behind the two front-runners. Just as they're about to hit the stretch and the #5 has to decide - in or out - the decision becomes easy as the two front-runners drift.

5 then goes to the inside -- while well clear of the #2. #2 is now sitting fourth and the jock is moving outward, now having three horses in front of him.

5 cuts the corner and takes advantage of the "inside" for only a few strides. By the 1/8th pole he's probably four or five paths out.

As a steward I would have been hard-pressed -- VERY hard-pressed to see anything out of the ordinary there.

The #5 was, after all, the 6-5 favorite - and ran like it.

lamboguy
06-24-2010, 09:05 PM
I will bet cheapies in any state in this country EXCEPT Louisiana. My ROI on $5000 claimers (and cheaper) in Louisiana is so bad that I simply pass any such races.
if you can honestly tell me that you could possibly bet this horse in the 5th race at louisiana today i will send you a gift cirtificate for dinner at a restaraunt of your choice.

only11
06-24-2010, 09:07 PM
wait the 2 didnt even bother trying to hold his position...he didnt cut in front of the 2...the 2 gradually just LET HIM in the path

only11
06-24-2010, 09:12 PM
read the chart the 2 was ahead of the 5

only11
06-24-2010, 09:24 PM
why am i betting Penn National...on a work night...i deserve everything i get..3 straight 2nd place finishes ..and now i will chase all night
cant believe i got involved with Penny National..
I know better..
How come handicappers always repeat there mistakes i dont get it

We have gotten shut out of races thousands of times,we change our minds from a winner to a loser ,,we listen to others,thats it im done....

til tomorrow..adios

andymays
06-24-2010, 09:27 PM
why am i betting Penn National...on a work night...i deserve everything i get..3 straight 2nd place finishes ..and now i will chase all night
I know better..

We have gotten shut out of races thousands of times,we change our minds from a winner to a loser ,,we listen to others,thats it im done....

til tomorrow..adios

The more races you bet each day, especially if you're just stabbing for action, the more bad things will happen.

It sounds like you're a little out of control when you get stuck. You have a rough road ahead unless you change the way you play.

saratoga guy
06-24-2010, 09:43 PM
read the chart the 2 was ahead of the 5

"Was" being the key word. #2 was ahead of the 5 as they approached the far turn -- but it was as they went into that turn that 5 started to go by.

By the 1/4 pole -- which looks to be about halfway on the turn -- the 5 was clear of the 2. Even the chart says 5 was clear by two and a half at that point.

You might be proposing that #2 should have challenged for the inside position -- BUT, that's assuming #2 had the horse to do so, and it's also assuming that the jock would have wanted to rush up to place himself behind the two front runners and inside of the #5 -- leaving himself absolutely nowhere to go if the front-runners faded and didn't drift off the rail. Had that happened you might be complaining about that scenario.

To me it simply looks like the winner ran to his 6-5 odds.

You asked for opinions - that's mine. It was a "beat" -- it wasn't however a "bad beat". Your horse ran well to be second as the 9-2 fourth choice -- and there was a pretty good $22/$2 exacta to be had with the 6-5 favorite winning.

InsideThePylons-MW
06-24-2010, 10:21 PM
why am i betting Penn National...on a work night...i deserve everything i get

This sums up the situation perfectly.

Hanover1
06-24-2010, 10:40 PM
Hanover it was a Herve Filion race..Let someone in the pocket that way i could come first over and get 2nd

Carmine comes to mind...... ;)

bigmack
06-24-2010, 10:50 PM
This sums up the situation perfectly.
B-I-N-G-O

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/6_24_10_19_48_15.png
Carl Weathers - What's become of him?

shouldacoulda
06-24-2010, 11:10 PM
I saw one like that at Pr M the other day. I had a win bet on the 2 @5-2 and the 5 was closing in on his lead at 5-1. I was watching the jockey use the whip on the 2. He was swinging it along side his horse and just flicking his wrist. He never touched the horse with the whip. When they showed the replay of the finish in slow motion it was blatantly obvious. He got beat by the 5 literally 10 ft from the wire. He should have gotten an academy award for that routine. I haven't played there since. Every time I go to look at a race there I just remember that and then I look elsewhere.

WJ47
06-24-2010, 11:23 PM
I know better..

til tomorrow..adios

I try to avoid the Pennsylvania tracks. And Mountaineer. Everytime I play there, I lose! I can't figure them out!

Robert Goren
06-25-2010, 12:30 AM
People who bet Penn National need to call 1-888-GA-HELPS(4357). Do it now you need help.

saratoga guy
06-25-2010, 05:12 AM
I guess it's kind of cute and clever to make fun of betting smaller tracks -- and, in some cases, perhaps it's warranted.

But -- keeping this particular thread in perspective: The original post is about a race where a 6-5 shot ran first and a 9-2 shot ran second.

This wasn't a case of some inscrutable result that should leave someone lamenting the choice of venue for their wagering.

InsideThePylons-MW
06-25-2010, 05:39 AM
I guess it's kind of cute and clever to make fun of betting smaller tracks -- and, in some cases, perhaps it's warranted.

PN has 30%-31% takeout on tris and supers.....Low standards in drug and milkshake testing.....has had numerous tote issues....and a history of questionable and controversial things that seem to happen frequently.

It has nothing to do with making fun of "smaller tracks"

Pell Mell
06-25-2010, 07:32 AM
if you can honestly tell me that you could possibly bet this horse in the 5th race at louisiana today i will send you a gift cirtificate for dinner at a restaraunt of your choice.

OK, here's how. Just recently had a conversation about this type of situation. We thought that sometimes a trainer gets screwed by the owner. The trainer works with a horse that seems to have no talent and somewhere along the way the horse shows some signs of coming to life. As soon as that happens the owner all of a sudden becomes the trainer of record. The horse then runs a big race. The reason we had the conversation was that we had noticed a couple of big winners in the past.

In this particular case you will note the horse had 5 lifetime races but had to be laid off after each of it's first three. In it's 2nd back, which was another first off the lay off, the horse showed speed for a 1/2 and according to the chart, ran off into the turn and then was checked on heels. It then stalked the pace but this race was won by a run away even money shot. After that race, which was much better than it looked, the owner took over and prepped it in a sprint and then gave it a work. This is a horse that couldn't put 2 races together back to back. This is the kind of really subtle stuff that can steer one to a 60/1 shot.

Not to say I would have loved the horse but I could have put a few bucks on it. I happened to not even look at the PPs yesterday.;)

Maverick58034
06-25-2010, 10:21 AM

This probably won't add much, but for what it's worth, the 5 actually had a higher BSF last race (9) than the favorite, the 3 (5 BSF). Granted the 3 earned that on turf, had significantly better dirt form and thus higher BSFs, and the other horses ran in the 10's-30's, but still not the highest quality bunch. The 5 also has danced with using frontwraps - not sure if there's anything there with that, and as Pell Mell pointed out, the gaps between races and the trainer switch to owner might have indicated something was up.

I'll be honest - at the end of the day, the only way I would have gotten to this guy would have been by using the "ALL" button.

comet52
06-25-2010, 10:31 AM
A junkie thinks every race he loses is a fix. So why does he continue betting into these fixed races? We don't know.

saratoga guy
06-25-2010, 02:22 PM
PN has 30%-31% takeout on tris and supers.....Low standards in drug and milkshake testing.....has had numerous tote issues....and a history of questionable and controversial things that seem to happen frequently.

It has nothing to do with making fun of "smaller tracks"

My point being:

Answering a guy who lost a wager in a race with logical results (a 6-5 fave over the 9-2 shot he picked) by saying, "That place is crooked!", seems like having a guy say, "I bought a nice orange at Joe's Market, I paid $2 for it. Was that over-priced?" and answering, "Why do you buy fruit there? It's usually bad."

In the particular case -- one doesn't really have anything to do with the other...