PDA

View Full Version : California Gov Race

Tom
08-06-2003, 10:55 PM
Lots of nuts coming out of the woodwork. Gallagher, Gary Coleman, the Lady from the "pink" party!?! (Love her slogan---enough of Brown and Gray...vote Pink!)
But the biggest joke is on NBC....they are advertising all night about the big event on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno...Arnold is going to announce what his decsion is about running....problem is, he trashed Jay and already announced he is running earlier tonight!
Watch out, Arnny...Jay will putting YOU in his monolouges.
Hehehe.

superfecta
08-07-2003, 12:41 AM
Yeah ,If I was the Terminator I'd be scared of a Comic with a huge growth on the bottom of his head....but Arnold would be better off trying to produce those bulletproof Kennedys with his wife rather than jump into politics.But I bet he folds his campaign later and throws his support to a more viable candidate.

JustRalph
08-07-2003, 02:06 AM
He did announce on the Leno show. The Leno show is taped at 5p.m. Pacific time. Leno knew it would get out, and he still taking advantage of it. He even invited an AP reporter to attend the taping.

Richard
08-07-2003, 06:33 PM
Watching the TODAY show this morning,I was watching Katie (the BEST pair of legs on television) Couric asking somewhat negative questions concerning A.S. and I cant understand why.Some of his political positions(abortion,gay rights)make him more closer to Democrats than Republicans.You'd figure Katie might've praised Arnie just a little bit.That's okay,though.I watch Katie for other reasons anyway.

andicap
08-07-2003, 08:27 PM
It is not the job of an objective newswoman -- which Katie Couric purportedly is -- to praise or attack anyone. It is her job to be skeptical, to ask probing questions that are on the minds of her viewers.
There is much to be skeptical about: he has NO government experience whatsoever. Now some people might see this a plus -- maybe so -- but some people see it as a minus. But it is a major issue.
What has Arnold ever done that makes him qualified to be governor?
I am a journlist and I would ask those questions myself if I was interviewing him. That's not to say I like or dislike Arnold, just that there are legitimate questions to ask him that come off sounding like the interviewer "has it in for Arnold." That's not true.
Journalists are supposed to ask the tough questions that are on all of our minds.
Sometimes journalists are tougher on some people than others. Often, journalists are a bit afraid to ask tough questions of a politician that is very popular at the moment.

Trying to keep partisanship out of this, just telling you how most journalists think. (Bill O'Reilly is not a journalist, he is a commentator.)

DJofSD
08-07-2003, 09:57 PM
Let's see if I remeber this correctly. Two people that had no prior experience as an elected official: Ronald Reagen when he became governor of California and the 16th president of the United States.

DJofSD

Tom
08-07-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by DJofSD
Let's see if I remeber this correctly. Two people that had no prior experience as an elected official: Ronald Reagen when he became governor of California and the 16th president of the United States.

DJofSD

...so apparently, the idea of not having professioanl politicos is a good one. We would be better off if all our elected officals were brand new and had NO experience.

JustRalph
08-07-2003, 10:53 PM
I am told by a Realtor here in Ca that Arnold took 50k from his first movie role and put it in Real Estate. He tells me that Arnold now has 400mil in Real Estate holdings in California alone. He says that Arnold has 200 people working for him and that Arnold himself makes every decision in the business. He is known as a shrewd investor and hell to negotiate with. He owns shopping centers in other states too. Sounds like a pretty sharp guy to me. Not sure I would vote for him unless they let him go after the whiners in Sacramento like he does in the Terminator films.

Tom
08-07-2003, 11:34 PM
If 65 of you will cough up the #3500 filing fee and sign a petition for me, I will run for CA governor and put PA in the spotlight, bring out racing issues, and generally throw meatly contracts back at you if I win. I am for sale, cheap, and will take care of all the little people who put me in office. Kick-backs, special favors,
whatever you need, I will take care of it.
We'll milk that baby and then move on to the White House!

:eek: :p :eek:

Lefty
08-07-2003, 11:54 PM
amdicap, Katie Couric objective? Best laugh i've had all day. She softballs Demos and attacks Repubs.
Objective....oh yeah!
Best legs? Best colon, maybe.

PaceAdvantage
08-08-2003, 10:01 AM
From what I've read, A.S. was a millionaire before he ever made his first film (real estate). He also put himself through business school......pretty impressive, but really nothing that should qualify him for running California....

Dave Schwartz
08-08-2003, 12:29 PM
Interesting that this is a plurality election. Majority is not required.

Apparently, Republicans in CA were asked not to get crazy and sign up for the Gov race. The fear is that the Repub pie would be cut into too many pieces and the votes would be diluted.

Thus, if 3 Dems ran against 7 Reps and the vote was split 50/50, a democrat is more likely to win.

JustRalph
08-08-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
From what I've read, A.S. was a millionaire before he ever made his first film (real estate). He also put himself through business school......pretty impressive, but really nothing that should qualify him for running California....

PA..... I am just wondering what you would consider qualifications for running California?

Richard
08-08-2003, 05:41 PM
DJofSD,
I believe Ronald Reagan became the 40th President of the United States.The 16th President was Abraham Lincoln(we all make those honest mistakes).
Andicap,
You might think that Katie Couric is an objective newswoman and that is certainly your priviledge.I,on the other hand,do not.

Derek2U
08-08-2003, 07:49 PM
Whats makes the difference who wins in Cal or in the nation?
They're all dopes with zero understanding or caring about any
planetary issue. It's amazing how republicans are thought of
as pro-business yet almost every downtown is due to them.
They're slugs & the Dems only redeeming feature is that they're
less greedy, more caring, less cunning, more truthful than their
WhiteSoulBrothas the "GodLovesMeHatesYou" RePublicans.
Please tell me where Gingrich got his nappy grey fried egg looking WigDo. Me & my wife are looking 4 a door mat at our
Hampton's mud porch. Ladies out there: How much $$$ would
it take 4 U to wake up next to that newt's lard ass?

andicap
08-08-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Lefty
amdicap, Katie Couric objective? Best laugh i've had all day. She softballs Demos and attacks Repubs.
Objective....oh yeah!
Best legs? Best colon, maybe.
Funny,
Dems feel she's tough on them and soft on Bush!

It's always greener on the other side...

andicap
08-08-2003, 08:12 PM
Oh Newt, the "family values" guy who divorced his first wife while she was in the hospital with cancer.
I think he's on his third wife right now. Believe he married a former aide he was sleeping with -- while he was married.
..Yeah, real family guy.
real hypocrite.

PaceAdvantage
08-09-2003, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by JustRalph
PA..... I am just wondering what you would consider qualifications for running California?

No clue, since I don't live there. Thus, I will retract my former statement about A.S.

Go Arnold!!

Tom
08-09-2003, 11:43 AM
Katie and Matt.....is they are reporters, I am an Olympic marathon runer! They are on par with Jay Leno. Except Matt...he is on par with mud.

California is recalling Gray Davis with a 20% approval rating, and having a possible election with up to 40 candiates, and it only a plurality, not majority election, so they could replace a 20% Governor with a 3% election winner!?!?!?

sq764
08-10-2003, 09:44 AM
Is it a sad world when the Terminator is looking like the least worst candidate??

Tom
08-10-2003, 09:49 AM
Look at the bright side...if Arnold wins, no Terminator 4!

Lefty
08-10-2003, 12:38 PM
They voted for Grayout Davis, twice. Now if they vote for Arnold over the other Republican in the race, well, guess they deserve what they get.

kenwoodallpromos
08-12-2003, 12:46 AM
many presidents had no elected experience. Mostly military and millionaires. I do political potitioning in Ca and Davis is gone!! Most here think A.S. is in!