PDA

View Full Version : Money the U.S spends :(

newtothegame
06-24-2010, 12:48 AM
U.S. Paid More Than $60,000 in Grant to Study Hookah-Smoking Jordanian College Students
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
records ("][/url]By Pete Winn, Senior Writer/Editor

CNSNews.com) – Since 2008, U.S. taxpayers have contributed more than $60,000 for research to study how prevalent water pipe--or "hookah"--smoking is among college students in Jordan.

The research was paid for by the Fogarty International Center and the National Cancer Institute, both of which are elements of the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH).

In 2009, NCI awarded a $48,402 grant to Virginia Commonwealth University researcher Thomas Eissenberg, and in 2008, the Fogarty International Center paid him $12,401 for the research, according to NIH U.S. Spent $2 Million on Study Promoting Condom Use Among Intravenous Drug Users in Kazakhstan[/size]
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Nabila El-Bassel ("]By Adam Cassandra

CNSNews.com) – The National Institutes of Health has spent over $2 million on a study that, among other things, seeks to incease condom use among intravenous drug users in Kazakhstan.

Dr. [url="http://www.columbia.edu/cu/ssw/faculty/profiles/elbassel.html), a Columbia University professor in the School of Social Work, proposed the study (http://projectreporter.nih.gov/project_info_description.cfm?aid=7841893&icde=4179373) to “rigorously test the efficacy of an innovative, couples-based HIV/STI risk reduction intervention (CHSR) to decrease new cases of HIV and Hepatitis C (HCV) and incidence of sexually transmitted infections (STIs), as well as to reduce unsafe injection practices and increase condom use among injecting drug users (IDUs) and their heterosexual, intimate partners in Shu, Kazakhstan.”
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/68156

jonnielu
06-24-2010, 06:25 AM
Try to understand the federal tax system, at least the income tax. You and millions of others send money to the District of Columbia, not on the basis of what government costs, but on the basis of what you earn. What you earn has nothing to do with what the legitimate cost of government is. What you send has everything to do with what government spends.

jdl

Robert Goren
06-24-2010, 09:00 AM
Try to understand the federal tax system, at least the income tax. You and millions of others send money to the District of Columbia, not on the basis of what government costs, but on the basis of what you earn. What you earn has nothing to do with what the legitimate cost of government is. What you send has everything to do with what government spends.

jdl What planet do you live on?

lamboguy
06-24-2010, 09:17 AM
every day that goes by, the more confused i get. when you start pushing 60 you lose your magic touch. i am there now, and i can't figure anything out anymore. nothing seems to make any sense to me

prospector
06-24-2010, 04:53 PM
senator dorgan was just on tv stating how they need to attack the deficit....he then stated he was about to vote on adding 100 billion to the deficit because its the right thing to do..and not everybody is paying their fair share..he's for the v.a.t...good thing he's leaving this year..

jonnielu
06-24-2010, 09:37 PM
senator dorgan was just on tv stating how they need to attack the deficit....he then stated he was about to vote on adding 100 billion to the deficit because its the right thing to do..and not everybody is paying their fair share..he's for the v.a.t...good thing he's leaving this year..

It's always hilarious to hear a politician say something about "fair share". What's the going rate for freedom in the District of Columbia these days anyway?

jdl

newtothegame
06-24-2010, 11:37 PM
Jonnie....you intrigue me....I try to follow your post but then you get VAGUE. YOU RAMBLE.

I think this is on purpose so as people can not challenge what you say. But, then again, no one can agree either.

For my benefit....try to be more specific and explain things...thx in advance....