PDA

View Full Version : West Virginia Derby

Buddha
08-06-2003, 05:25 PM
TWELVE ENTERED IN WEST VIRGINIA DERBY

A full field of 12 have been entered for the Grade III, $600,000 West Virginia Derby, which will run this coming Saturday afternoon, August 9, at Mountaineer Race Track & Gaming Resort. Post Positions will be drawn at 11a.m. on Thursday.

HORSE JOCKEY TRAINER WEIGHT
Cat Singer
Hector Rosario
Luis A Palacios

Coax Kid
Jason Lumpkins
Doug O’Neil

Colita
Jose Santos
Todd A. Pletcher

Dr. E. Claire
Solomon Salguero
Nancy S. Thornton

During
Dana Whitney
Bob Baffert

Dynever
Edgar Prado
Christophe Clement

Lone Star Sky
John McKee
Tom Amoss

Miss Karry Thenews
Francisco Garcia
Kathleen Price

Mobil
Jorge Chavez
Michael Keogh

Outta Here
Kent Desormeaux
William L. Currin

Soto
Ramon Dominguez
Michael Dickinson

Supah Blitz
Cornelio Velasquez
Emanuel Tortora

Notes: The field includes ten colts, one gelding (Dr. E. Claire) and one filly (Miss Karry Thenews)…Five horses in the field are graded stakes winners - - During, Dynever, Lone Star Sky, Mobil and Soto.

Bubbles
08-06-2003, 07:12 PM
Classy field, as always. Western Pride won this a few years ago, and he's blossomed into a formidable steed in California. Should be noted he was at really long odds, and that I hit the exacta. GO ME!!!!! lol.....

Buddha
08-06-2003, 08:19 PM
Yea, western pride was a 23-1 shot i think. should be a good race with 5 graded stakes winners. people are finally noticing the 600,000 purse. maybe with any luck, it can be a grade 2 next year.

Bubbles
08-06-2003, 09:27 PM
Should be noted that if During runs, he won't be at top form. He ran in the Jim Dandy and helped set scorching early fractions. I'm looking for Dynever to catch him.

Buddha
08-06-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Bubbles
Should be noted that if During runs, he won't be at top form. He ran in the Jim Dandy and helped set scorching early fractions. I'm looking for Dynever to catch him.

That is what I thought. I was talking to Whitneys agent, and he was told the horse didn't run much, and that is why they were entering him in the Derby. They weren't sure if he was going to run, but he is a possibility. I didn't see the Jim Dandy, and I didnt look at the chart, so I wasn't sure how much he had actually run. Thanks for the heads up