PDA

View Full Version : Ever been BANNED from a racetrack?

only11
06-22-2010, 06:52 AM
I have been banned once(read my post on SEVEN CHARACTERS TO AVOID)...Tampa Bays Downs for 6 months..reason being...
I got shut out from a winner Guided Tour @ CD $33...
The teller said to me hold on "IM BETTING TRIPLES AT GREYHOUND TRACK,ALMOST DONE"
Me and her went at it dropping fff bombs,,,,she was 76 years old NOT DOING HER JOB..
Tellers are the worst...banned 6 months...
After i got home i send the teller some roses the very next day....I was to blame as much as her...

Stillriledup
06-22-2010, 07:02 AM
How were you to blame?

shouldacoulda
06-22-2010, 07:21 AM
I think I would have told them to "F" off and make it a year. That's just me though.

Phantombridgejumpe
06-22-2010, 09:08 AM
Played a part wheel exact with the 3 on top of the 6, 7 and 8.

Came in 3-8

Didn't realize until after the race that the teller gave me

3-6
3-7
3-7

I went back to the teller saying she knew what I played, the ticket she gave me made no sense etc...

Clearly it was my responsibility to check the ticket and I didn't, but I was on tilt I suppose.

If I remember correctly security came over, but I guessed I calmed down enough and I'm not really one for cursing, so I probably kept the language clean enough.

jballscalls
06-22-2010, 09:33 AM
only guys we've had to ban from the track since i started working were a guy who threatened to kill a guy, a guy who beat up another guy, a guy who was touching himself while following around a female employee, and a guy who was peeing in the paddock repeatedly instead of walking to the restroom.

Brogan
06-22-2010, 09:40 AM
only guys we've had to ban from the track since i started working were a guy who threatened to kill a guy, a guy who beat up another guy, a guy who was touching himself while following around a female employee, and a guy who was peeing in the paddock repeatedly instead of walking to the restroom.
Repeatedly? How many times are you allowed to pee in the paddock before you get banned? lol

v j stauffer
06-22-2010, 09:42 AM

That'll be the last time I go to Portland. If you guys didn't want my business that's your problem.

rwwupl
06-22-2010, 09:50 AM

Seems insensitive to the "little guy"... :)

Robert Goren
06-22-2010, 10:25 AM
I have been banned once(read my post on SEVEN CHARACTERS TO AVOID)...Tampa Bays Downs for 6 months..reason being...
The teller said to me hold on "IM BETTING TRIPLES AT GREYHOUND TRACK,ALMOST DONE"
Me and her went at it dropping fff bombs,,,,she was 76 years old NOT DOING HER JOB..
After i got home i send the teller some roses the very next day....I was to blame as much as her...You never look good dropping F bombs at a 76 yo woman. It doesn't matter if she tossing them back at you. Welcome to the world of internet wagering.:rolleyes:

speed
06-22-2010, 10:30 AM
Repeatedly? How many times are you allowed to pee in the paddock before you get banned? lol

Well he was hung like a horse :)

Dave Schwartz
06-22-2010, 11:05 AM
That'll be the last time I go to Portland. If you guys didn't want my business that's your problem.

:lol: :lol:

jballscalls
06-22-2010, 11:12 AM

We gave him one warning. Unfortunately in racing we can't afford to lose patrons LOL

he actually owns the local chinese restaurant and his excuse was that it was a cultural thing LOL

Fingal
06-22-2010, 11:19 AM
Guess he figured if the horses do it, he could too.

shouldacoulda
06-22-2010, 11:42 AM
he actually owns the local chinese restaurant and his excuse was that it was a cultural thing LOL
I wouldn't eat there

andymays
06-22-2010, 11:44 AM
I wouldn't eat there
Try the leek soup!

bob77713
06-22-2010, 11:50 AM
We gave him one warning. Unfortunately in racing we can't afford to lose patrons LOL

There's been people in Az, arrested for 'Indecent Exposure' and put on a Sex Offender list, for peeing in public. Tempe cops are known for it.

lamboguy
06-22-2010, 12:10 PM
i got barred from making horse bets in almost every single racebook in las vegas before they went parimutual. they would let me walk up to the window and let me bet $5.00 to win as a limit. i wound up getting beards that came in from out of town to bet in those places, and they used to get shutoff too!

JBmadera
06-22-2010, 12:13 PM
We’ve been banned: a number of years ago we really killed it, playing all day at the satellite, unfortunately we decided to stick around for the night races from los al. we had been drinking most of the day and we continued our celebration into the evening.

We didn’t set out to cause trouble but we kept making bets and then realizing we had made errors so we kept cancelling wagers, we weren’t doing it to purposely screw with the odds but that’s what we ended up doing (the pools at los al back then were very small relative to santa anita, etc). After a couple of races we were told that los al security had phoned up to the satellite asking what the “f” was going on and to expel the jokers who were messing with the pools…..needless to say that was the end of our night and I think we couldn’t play los al for the following week as well.

tzipi
06-22-2010, 12:27 PM
Try the leek soup!

:lol:

Johnny V
06-22-2010, 12:34 PM
I came close two times back when I was in my early twenties. I let my temper get the best of me and got into an altercation with some guy who cut in front of me in the betting line at Monmouth Park. The other time was at Bowie in Maryland when I went to the track with a guy who had been ruled off the track because he was a bookmaker and I guess I was guilty by association at first but luckily not banned.

GaryG
06-22-2010, 12:50 PM
I lived in SoCal from the time I was 15 until I was thru college. I was arrested at Hollywood Park while cashing a "previous days ticket". I was 15 but was big for my age and didn't usually have trouble. They arrested me because they "knew" that I had stolen money from my mother's purse. When my dad got me out of the Inglewood jail he told the cops that if I ever stole from my mother's purse he could handle the situation. They apologized but I was banned from the track until I was 21. So, I started wearing dark glasses and a painter's cap.

Trotman
06-22-2010, 02:07 PM
My buddy was probably one of the best pranksters and he was a whiz at electronics. He had this little box no bigger than a pack of smokes and he would switch the signal on the monitors, point and click ha,ha. This went on for months and track security couldn't find out who was doing it, the gamblers we're blaming the track it got pretty tense and then they got him, lifetime ban. I was asked to leave for the day just because I knew him :lol:

Bettowin
06-22-2010, 02:13 PM
My buddy was probably one of the best pranksters and he was a whiz at electronics. He had this little box no bigger than a pack of smokes and he would switch the signal on the monitors, point and click ha,ha. This went on for months and track security couldn't find out who was doing it, the gamblers we're blaming the track it got pretty tense and then they got him, lifetime ban. I was asked to leave for the day just because I knew him :lol:

Ha! That would be funny. We had an exchange student and a friend of his was Columbian. We went out to eat at a Mexican restaurant while the World Cup soccer was going on and the Columbian kid had a funky watch that could scan the TVs and change the channel. There were 10-15 Mexican guys at the bar watching their match and the kid kept changing the channel. Almost caused a mini-riot against the bartender:)

speed
06-22-2010, 02:37 PM

In the early 90's at Calder i sat with a bunch of old timers and they got frustrated with customer service not setting the bank of simulcast tv's the way they liked them so i went to Radio Shack and bought a universal remote so no more problems. That is until i was racing a horse at Arlington one day i won't go into it but for the next few days they needed customer service to set the TV's for them and i had to go back to Radio Shack and buy another universal. The old one shattered as it was hurled through the TV screen.

The head of security approached me about 15 minutes after the glass had been swept from the floor with his hand extended towards me. Now on any other day i would have known that was a handshake coming my way, but not this day. I reached into my right pocket and handed him my rubber band. I was thrilled that after he handed it back i still had a need for the rubber band. :)

I had the remote framed and it hangs in my party room. Some have moose heads i have a remote control.

precocity
06-22-2010, 04:55 PM
I lived in SoCal from the time I was 15 until I was thru college. I was arrested at Hollywood Park while cashing a "previous days ticket". I was 15 but was big for my age and didn't usually have trouble. They arrested me because they "knew" that I had stolen money from my mother's purse. When my dad got me out of the Inglewood jail he told the cops that if I ever stole from my mother's purse he could handle the situation. They apologized but I was banned from the track until I was 21. So, I started wearing dark glasses and a painter's cap.
:lol: :lol:

onefast99
06-22-2010, 05:01 PM
I came close two times back when I was in my early twenties. I let my temper get the best of me and got into an altercation with some guy who cut in front of me in the betting line at Monmouth Park. The other time was at Bowie in Maryland when I went to the track with a guy who had been ruled off the track because he was a bookmaker and I guess I was guilty by association at first but luckily not banned.
That was you at MP?

precocity
06-22-2010, 06:08 PM
at a race track in Texas this guy i used to see all the time on weekends always wore nice suits and bet big on different race track in the simulcast area. Well one day he approached me to borrow 100 dollars? seemed kinda weird to me at the time but i loaned it to him because we talked alot at the track and he seemed like a good guy, i know i know, here it comes so on a Saturday around 2pm me and the wife are walking threw the entrance and i see him yelling and screaming and was getting carried by police officers? it blew me away they were taking him to the security office, so i talked to the guys he always sat with and they were shocked too? well about a week went by and i talked to the manager there and he stated he was arrested for writing bad checks at the track and at other places???? lesson learned never judge a book by its cover and never loan out money at the race track!!!!!! never saw that c-note again.... :bang:

only11
06-22-2010, 06:24 PM
This one was classic...
Had a friend named Mike.. me and him along with others spend our weekends @ yonkers simulcast....Mike had just recently lost his job and was wagering with SCARED MONEY...His unemployment was about to end..
One day we are the second floor losing our ass..and we hear this older fellow after 1 of our losses criticizing the horse we bet and how stupid we were...
the day was coming to a end and we were on the escalator heading down,,,,the older fellow who earlier criticize our wager(by the way he was on me and mike all day)was on the escalator heading upward...
MIKE DECIDES THIS WAS THE BEST TIME TO GET EVEN....
LEANS OVER AND SNATCHES THE TUPEA FROM THE TOP OF HIS HEAD,,,CHAOS BROKE OUT...MIKE DROPPED THE MANS TUPEA AND RAN DOWN THE ESCALATOR...AS HE WAS RUNNING THE 2 SECURITY THREW HIM ON THE FLOOR AND PUT THE CUFFS ON...bailed out later the night...
The losing that day was well worth it..!!

ronsmac
06-22-2010, 10:41 PM
A good friend of my Dad was banned from NYRA tracks for starting a trash can fire after the favorite ran off the board in a 5 horse field.

thespaah
06-22-2010, 11:54 PM
We were teenagers and on low budgets. Two of my friends figured out how to sneak into the Meadowlands by going under a chain link fence.
So they convince me that it was easy. I had the $2 to get in legit, but you know that peer pressure. According to the kidom manual, I had to sneak in.
So they go in one at a time. Wasn't 15 seconds before security came out of nowhere and nailed them both. Of course I tried to warn them, but the older of them was in "ef you" mode. That menas he was determined and defiant. A combination of emotions from which nothing good can come. Instead of heeding my warning, he and the other guy went on.
Since we were minors, those two had to be picked up by their parents. That was after being bounced around by the State Police in "the room".
They got banned for 30 days each.
I had to hitch my way home, 22 miles. Took about 2 hrs. Got two rides. My folks never found out.....................:cool:

magwell
06-23-2010, 01:43 AM
Some good stories.....just like my signature says....:)

Market Mover
06-23-2010, 03:02 AM
After i got home i send the teller some roses the very next day....I was to blame as much as her...

Guided Tour was a game runner, and I think he liked that CD track. I remember him turning for home on the rail in the BC Classic that one year...it looked like he was going to give 'em a run for the money!