PDA

View Full Version : WH vs Another General????

newtothegame
06-22-2010, 02:41 AM
Top general in Afghan war apologizes for profile
By ANNE GEARAN

The top U.S. war commander in Afghanistan apologized Tuesday for an interview in which he said he felt betrayed by the man the White House chose to be his diplomatic partner, Ambassador Karl Eikenberry.

An article out this week in Rolling Stone magazine depicts Gen. Stanley McChrystal as a lone wolf on the outs with many important figures in the Obama administration and unable to convince even some of his own soldiers that his strategy can win the war.

A band of McChrystal's profane, irreverent aides are quoted mocking Vice President Joe Biden and Richard Holbrooke, the special U.S. representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan.

On Tuesday, McChrystal issued a statement saying: "I extend my sincerest apology for this profile. It was a mistake reflecting poor judgment and should never have happened."

In Rolling Stone, McChrystal is described by an aide as "disappointed" in his first Oval Office meeting with an unprepared President Barack Obama.

http://townhall.com/news/politics-elections/2010/06/22/top_general_in_afghan_war_apologizes_for_profile

JustRalph
06-22-2010, 04:03 AM
He is toast

His wife is probably shopping for a Condo in Florida somewhere

prospector
06-22-2010, 09:46 AM
He is toast

His wife is probably shopping for a Condo in Florida somewhere
obama is far from being a Truman..

Black Ruby
06-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Not a McChrystal fan, but I approve of anyone and everyone mocking Biden.

andymays
06-22-2010, 09:52 AM
Sorry for the Duplicate thread. Maybe a Mod can combine them.

Robert Goren
06-22-2010, 10:08 AM
obama is far from being a Truman.. McChrystal is even futher from being McArthur.

Tom
06-22-2010, 11:18 AM
He won't be back?

ArlJim78
06-22-2010, 11:56 AM
What I don't get about McChrystal is that he is now apologizing for what he said in the article calling it poor judgement and that it shouldn't have happened, yet Rolling Stone is saying that they showed the final version of the article to him before releasing it, and at that time he had no concerns with what was written.

something doesn't add up here.