PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh...Obammy knew in February......

JustRalph
06-22-2010, 12:28 AM
BP Ask the Obama admin for help with the rig before it blew up.......they ignored it.........

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/06/21/kevin-mccullough-obama-bp-spill-february-salazar-resign-change/

From the Link:

Case in point – Interior Secretary Ken Salazar's performance and the communication of priorities on the issue of oil rig safety in the Gulf of Mexico.

It seems incomprehensible that the president and other members of the administration still have jobs when it is now being reported that the federal government was apprised by BP on February 13 that the Deepwater Horizon oil rig was leaking oil and natural gas into the ocean floor.

In fact, according to documents in the administration's possession, BP was fighting large cracks at the base of the well for roughly ten days in early February.

Further it seems the administration was also informed about this development, six weeks before to the rig's fatal explosion when an engineer from the University of California, Berkeley, announced to the world a near miss of an explosion on the rig by stating, "They damn near blew up the rig."

It's also now being reported that BP was asking for the administration's help on this matter long before the deadly accident and the now gushing well of tar.

Which leads me to some questions for the president. If I were in front row of reporters in the White House briefing room, here’s what I’d like to know:

read more at the link

NJ Stinks
06-22-2010, 12:39 AM
It's official. I can no longer tell the difference between FOX News and the New York Post. :rolleyes:

jballscalls
06-22-2010, 12:48 AM
i would think if this were the case it would be plastered all over Fox and other right wing news outlets. I went to Fox's main page and there wasn't anything about it on there, and just for giggles checked out msnbc.com and there wasn't anything.

it's funny to go to msnbc.com because you see these fluff pieces on Obama, talking about fatherhood and other light topics. could you imagine them showing something like that on Fox!!

NJ Stinks
06-22-2010, 12:54 AM
it's funny to go to msnbc.com because you see these fluff pieces on Obama, talking about fatherhood and other light topics. could you imagine them showing something like that on Fox!!

That was a fluff piece by Murdoch's standards.

jballscalls
06-22-2010, 01:02 AM
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-06-17/bp-struggled-with-cracks-in-gulf-well-as-early-as-february-documents-show.html

here is the article the author of Ralph's story uses as his source. the guy says it's being reported that BP asked for help, but it doesnt say that in this article, and he doesn't quote a source where it's being reported, he just says it's being reported.

in this story from Bloomberg it says that most of the heads of BP didn't even know or acknowledge there were problems. I would assume the heads of the company would know about the problems if they were indeed asking for help from the Government.

“We could find no evidence that you paid any attention to the tremendous risk BP was taking,” Waxman said as Hayward waited to testify. “There is not a single e-mail or document that you paid the slightest attention to the dangers at this well.”

BP Chief Operating Officer Doug Suttles and exploration chief Andy Inglis “were apparently oblivious to what was happening,” said Waxman, a California Democrat. “BP’s corporate complacency is astonishing.”

newtothegame
06-22-2010, 01:05 AM
All I can say is that IF (and thats a big IF), if found to be true, those involved and those who new should be brought up on charges. What charges? I am not sure as of yet (too mad to think).

but, I would not put it past this administration, or any other for that matter. Thats why I have been saying all along that ALL incumbents need to go. Washington needs to be cleaned from the top down!

11 men died on that rig. If it is found that people knew, and did nothing, there has to be criminal charges brought.

This would go right along with the Who stands to benefit thread on this site as well.

newtothegame
06-22-2010, 01:08 AM
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-06-17/bp-struggled-with-cracks-in-gulf-well-as-early-as-february-documents-show.html

here is the article the author of Ralph's story uses as his source. the guy says it's being reported that BP asked for help, but it doesnt say that in this article, and he doesn't quote a source where it's being reported, he just says it's being reported.

in this story from Bloomberg it says that most of the heads of BP didn't even know or acknowledge there were problems. I would assume the heads of the company would know about the problems if they were indeed asking for help from the Government.

“We could find no evidence that you paid any attention to the tremendous risk BP was taking,” Waxman said as Hayward waited to testify. “There is not a single e-mail or document that you paid the slightest attention to the dangers at this well.”

BP Chief Operating Officer Doug Suttles and exploration chief Andy Inglis “were apparently oblivious to what was happening,” said Waxman, a California Democrat. “BP’s corporate complacency is astonishing.”

How could waxman say those things without having some type of proof that there was problems that BP officials "were apparently oblivious to what was happening"???????????????

"“There is not a single e-mail or document that you paid the slightest attention to the dangers at this well.” Why would they pay attention if there was NO problems??? Again, Waxman had to of found something to say there was problems before the explosion.....
Maybe he found what is being reported now??? His dumb a$$ was just to stupid to realize what he was opening in his haste to lambaste BP officials?????

kenwoodall2
06-22-2010, 02:16 AM
Kevin is yellow journalism, edits quotes to fit his agenda, according to the web.

JustRalph
06-22-2010, 04:14 AM
http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-06-17/cracks-show-bp-battled-well-two-months-before-blast-update1-.html

Many sites reporting BP knew about the problem, the trick will come when some Congressman asks the Agency Overseeing the Well whether or not BP asked for help or not.........this should be interesting........in the coming days

TheBid9
06-22-2010, 04:47 AM
for a few days to see how this story pans out. I'm finding it difficult to believe that even this administration, as incompetent and arrogant as it is, would let BP's request for help go unheeded. It would be tantamount to political suicide!

newtothegame
06-22-2010, 05:04 AM
for a few days to see how this story pans out. I'm finding it difficult to believe that even this administration, as incompetent and arrogant as it is, would let BP's request for help go unheeded. It would be tantamount to political suicide!
The above would be true if you take everything at face value. But when you look at this administrations agenda (going green). How quickly Obama placed a moratorium on deep water drilling, Obama's loan to Brazil (which in turn is for Petrobras), Soros' involvement and huge INCREASE in petrobras stake, and on and on .....
Too many things are not looking good for this administration in my opinion.

TheBid9
06-22-2010, 05:11 AM
with you Game, but if this is true, I believe it could crumble this administration. I mean we're talking about 11 people dying and massive environmental destruction. It would be very challenging for this administration to recover.

JustRalph
06-22-2010, 05:12 AM

nope.......with this media......they would let it slide......the story is getting to be a drag on the media

TheBid9
06-22-2010, 05:22 AM
Ralph,
I agree that the story is a drag, but this will be a "whole new story". As devious and stilted as the liberal media is, I just don't feel they are as much up BO's butt as before. They won't be so interested in "falling on their swords" for this jerk.