PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Liberal Thought Process

JustRalph
06-21-2010, 06:30 PM
You gotta read this thread

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x8605412

A call for Pain and Suffering payments to anyone in the Gulf area,

From the Thread Starter:

"Many people of the Gulf have been under considerable duress for some 62 days now as a result of BP's actions. This has resulted in fear and incredible stress which almost certainly will have a considerable and permanent effect on these individuals and families.

Anyone who has an otherwise "legitimate claim" should also be able to claim damages for this suffering, and they should not have to wait for decades until this is processed by the courts to be paid for this.

BP should provide an initial payment for pain and suffering, and then pay a reasonable amount incrementally as long as the gusher continues.

This payment should not preclude any additional payments, in a larger amount, to be paid later through the court system."

ArlJim78
06-21-2010, 07:16 PM
Here is my suggestion for the next thread over there.

A call for Pain and Suffering payments to anyone in the US area,

From the Thread Starter:

"Many people of the United States have been under considerable duress for some 16 months now as a result of Barack Obama's actions. This has resulted in fear and incredible stress which almost certainly will have a considerable and permanent effect on these individuals and families"

cj's dad
06-21-2010, 07:24 PM
Due to the fact that the price of crabs has risen significantly here in the Md. area since the Gulf Coast disaster, I feel I am under serious duress and should be able to file a claim and be rewarded !!

The price of shrimp are starting to rise daily - oh the pain, the pain.

Should be worth section 8 housing- food stamps- public trans. card and medical bennies.

Sorry - gotta go - I'm overcome at this point !!

Tom
06-21-2010, 10:09 PM
We can call the payments Obamadotes.
An antidote for the cancer that has infected this great nation - the political equivalent of explosive diarrhea - Obama.

You want to help the people in the Gulf - GET THIS POS PRESIDENT THE HELL OUT OF THEIR BUSINESS.

Dave Schwartz
06-21-2010, 11:42 PM
There is a commercial playing these days where an insurance adjuster says that "we" have paid 18,000 claims thus far. He also says that he is going to stay as long as it takes.

Meanwhile, I red some stats the other day... There are currently 503 adjusters working. Each adjuster has (on average) 15,000 claims to process.

So, as of about 2 weeks ago there were 503 x 15,000 = 7.5m.

They are applauding themselves for having paid 18,000 claims in about one month of processing. By my estimation it will take 35 years for these 503 agents to finish the job.

JustRalph
06-22-2010, 12:08 AM
http://cnn.com/video/?/video/us/2010/06/21/lawrence.fishermen.bp.battle.cnn

story on a fisherman's claim process

Dave Schwartz
06-22-2010, 01:17 AM
Okay, then. We're up to 30,000! Just 17 years to go!

rastajenk
06-22-2010, 09:24 AM
What if you experience pain and suffering while waiting for your pain-and-suffering claim to be processed? Are you eligible for a second claim? And what if you experience p & s while waiting for the second one?

hcap
06-22-2010, 09:41 AM
The Dem Underground has a much to do with liberalism as Glenn Beck or Michael Weiner have to do with conservatism or teabagerism.

Oh wait, scratch that last part!