PDA

View Full Version : Rahm Emanuel expected to quit White House

andymays
06-20-2010, 10:23 PM
Rahm Emanuel, the White House chief of staff, is expected to leave his job later this year after growing tired of the "idealism" of Barack Obama's inner circle.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/7837686/Rahm-Emanuel-expected-to-quit-White-House.html

Excerpt:

It is well known in Washington that arguments have developed between pragmatic Mr Emanuel, a veteran in Congress where he was known for driving through compromises, and the idealistic inner circle who followed Mr Obama to the White House.

His abrasive style has rubbed some people the wrong way, while there has been frustration among Mr Obama's closest advisers that he failed to deliver a smooth ride for the president's legislative that his background promised.

"It might not be his fault, but the perception is there," said the consultant, who asked not to be named. "Every vote has been tough, from health care to energy to financial reform.

"Democrats have not stood behind the president in the way Republicans did for George W Bush, and that was meant to be Rahm's job."

PaceAdvantage
06-20-2010, 10:37 PM
"Every vote has been tough, from health care to energy to financial reform.

"Democrats have not stood behind the president in the way Republicans did for George W Bush, and that was meant to be Rahm's job."Gee...I wonder why....

andymays
06-20-2010, 10:42 PM
Gee...I wonder why....
No kidding, just about everything they do goes against the will of the majority of Americans and just about everything they do goes against common sense.

TJDave
06-20-2010, 11:07 PM
And I'll lay 'em.

He wouldn't quit and I seriously doubt he'll get the boot.

JustRalph
06-21-2010, 12:59 AM
I thought he was already rumored to be leaving to run for Ill Governor or Mayor of Chicago?