PDA

View Full Version : ALEX SOLIS

exiles
06-20-2010, 08:26 PM
Sorry Alex, my bad.

horses4courses
06-20-2010, 08:36 PM
Another pattended A.Solis ride in the 9th at HOL, go as wide as possible and win the race after the wire w/ the best horse ,I din't even know that this bum was back riding at HOL, i thought he was going to give the majors a try back east.

His ride today on the favorite, Bogie, in the Will Rogers was awful.
I didn't bet the race, thank goodness, but he stank it up there.

andymays
06-20-2010, 08:39 PM
When you win with him you feel like he had the best horse. When you lose with him and he's close you never feel like your getting his best effort.

horses4courses
06-20-2010, 09:21 PM
When you win with him you feel like he had the best horse. When you lose with him and he's close you never feel like your getting his best effort.

Absolutely.

Stillriledup
06-20-2010, 09:43 PM
I saw this horse entered and i know Alex doesnt ride anymore in So Cal, i watched his video and was like "he's a strong closer, looks good". Then, i realized this race wasn't all that strong and had a bunch of pace in it and i'm like well, 2 and 2 is 4 and this horse should be able to run by em all.

Then, i realized Alex was riding. Ugh. If this horse got a real rider, someone young, athletic, not scared and with a live pair of hands, i would have made my biggest bet of the year.

Funny how the horse got bet off the board even WITH Alex. People who loved this horse didnt care who the jock was, having such a poor rider wasn't 'factored in' to the final price.

I would rather have had Kerwin John, at least i might have gotten 5-2 or 3-1.

Congratulations to owner Jon Kelly, he shipped in a relic jock instead of using someone who's riding at an elite level, it cost him the race for sure.

shouldacoulda
06-20-2010, 10:13 PM
There is an apprentice Jockey in California. His last name is Garcia I don't know his first name. He already had 62 wins this year and I saw him ride his 1st win at Hollywood. The kid is good. Jockeys can make or break the race. I don't expect them to win at all costs, but to see the efforts some give makes me nauseous sometimes. I understand they get banged around and I don't think it is an easy job but like anything else, if you're gonna do it, do it right.

Learned Hand35
06-20-2010, 10:24 PM
Yeah, I was cussing Solis after that one too.

horses4courses
06-20-2010, 10:27 PM
Paddy Gallagher has used Alex with success over the years.
Bogie is a nice horse - one of Paddy's best right now.
I'll be interested to see who rides him next out.
If it were me, I'd be looking elsewhere.

andymays
06-20-2010, 10:30 PM
He had the pace in front of him today and he should have won.

You're not going to get too many races for him where they go 22 and change and 45 and change early.

Fingal
06-21-2010, 11:04 AM
Unless it was Zenyatta, you can't go that wide.

Greyfox
06-21-2010, 11:17 AM
There is an apprentice Jockey in California. His last name is Garcia I don't know his first name. He already had 62 wins this year and I saw him ride his 1st win at Hollywood. The kid is good. .

Garcia??? I don't think so.
There is an apprentice rider in California named Alex Gonzalez who is really good and just came on stream a couple of weeks ago.