PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Ducky

lamboguy
06-20-2010, 11:15 AM
makes his debut today in the first at monmouth. i haven't seen all the 2 yo's in the country this year, but this one is a monster. they put all the works in the paper too, so don't expect any price to him. they are probably trying to sell this horse for lots of money, so i would expect a huge race out of this guy today.

egreen
06-20-2010, 01:28 PM
That was an impressive win. The word was certainly out on him. In fact, I got a pre-race tweet from @Derbycontenders about the colt.

lamboguy
06-20-2010, 01:42 PM
That was an impressive win. The word was certainly out on him. In fact, I got a pre-race tweet from @Derbycontenders about the colt.
i know that they wanted to sell the horse, so they probably told lots of people to watch him. i don't get derby contenders, i try to create them! most of the time unsuccessfully!

egreen
06-20-2010, 11:26 PM
lambo, I think Churchill Downs is doing the @Derbycontenders feed. It follows so many races at so many tracks that I guess they must have several people involved. Good stuff for those who like 2- and 3-year-old racing.

lamboguy
06-21-2010, 01:51 AM
lambo, I think Churchill Downs is doing the @Derbycontenders feed. It follows so many races at so many tracks that I guess they must have several people involved. Good stuff for those who like 2- and 3-year-old racing.
you are the first one to point out derby contenders to me, do they have a website, i would probably find it very interesting.

i put out 2 year olds every year, and on rare moments some of my horses have made it to a few of the tripple crown races. i am basically in the day to day business of putting out horses that run and earn money for people.

if you could provide a link for this site i would appreciate it. this horse today got nervous in the paddock and still ran huge. he must be very high strung, and they will have to overcome that to go to higher levels. he did run as good as he trained so today's performance was no surprise.

onefast99
06-21-2010, 09:53 AM
you are the first one to point out derby contenders to me, do they have a website, i would probably find it very interesting.

i put out 2 year olds every year, and on rare moments some of my horses have made it to a few of the tripple crown races. i am basically in the day to day business of putting out horses that run and earn money for people.

if you could provide a link for this site i would appreciate it. this horse today got nervous in the paddock and still ran huge. he must be very high strung, and they will have to overcome that to go to higher levels. he did run as good as he trained so today's performance was no surprise.
After a 1-19 start KJB is sending out some very live horses. 2/2 yesterday, he has a lot of solid 2yo's. On Friday he had a nice one go at Belmont in the 2nd race, Brother at Arms who lost to a very solid 2yo Commonwealth Rush trained by Tim Ice. A lot can happen between now and next May lets see how this one progresses.

PhantomOnTour
06-21-2010, 09:59 AM
I loved Brother In Arms and he was moving nicely late. A great set up for 2yr old stakes at longer distances. Breen always has nice 2yr olds and often invades the NY fall circuit with bombers in the stakes races....Desire To Excel comes to mind as one example. Think he won a big race (Futurity?) at about 31-1.

onefast99
06-21-2010, 10:25 AM
I loved Brother In Arms and he was moving nicely late. A great set up for 2yr old stakes at longer distances. Breen always has nice 2yr olds and often invades the NY fall circuit with bombers in the stakes races....Desire To Excel comes to mind as one example. Think he won a big race (Futurity?) at about 31-1.
Won the Astoria in 2006. Owned by Dennis Narlinger.

lamboguy
06-21-2010, 10:38 AM
i just came up with a brainstorm since i love 2 year olds, we should keep a thread going with exclusive comments about 2 year olds before or after the race. i will even post about the ones that i send out ahead of time. sometimes its kind of fun to keep track of the future stars of the game and watch them progress. my horses most of the time don't have the same type of ability as high profile trainers send out.

SWEET DUCKY is a very talented 2 yo and if he stays together we will see big things from him.

egreen
06-21-2010, 10:41 AM

It's a Twitter feed: www.twitter.com/derbycontenders. I found it last summer and have discovered all kinds of good info.

lamboguy
06-21-2010, 11:27 AM
It's a Twitter feed: www.twitter.com/derbycontenders (http://www.twitter.com/derbycontenders). I found it last summer and have discovered all kinds of good info.
thanks, you are right, looks like a good one.

Watcher
06-21-2010, 06:17 PM
I uploaded this yesterday after the race...

uN9-SfmtdQc

lamboguy
06-22-2010, 07:48 PM
this horse is entered for this saturday in philly park. it is a 2 yo filly running against the boys for the first time. i am not sure but i think this horse is a homebred and should be pretty fast saturday for the assmussen team.

good luck

Maverick58034
06-26-2010, 01:29 PM
this horse is entered for this saturday in philly park. it is a 2 yo filly running against the boys for the first time. i am not sure but i think this horse is a homebred and should be pretty fast saturday for the assmussen team.

good luck

Good call! :ThmbUp:

woodtoo
06-26-2010, 02:38 PM

good luck
$4.2o winner good call Lamboguy :)

lamboguy
06-26-2010, 04:16 PM
i am going to find out about a horse on monday at philly park. i actually have 3 horses in this race and i was hoping to win with one of them, unfortunately it looks like i am going to run into a buzz-saw. if anyone is interested i will post it here monday.

woodtoo
06-26-2010, 05:03 PM
keep us posted :ThmbUp: :jump:

lamboguy
06-26-2010, 11:14 PM
on monday, june 28. race 6 philly. #5 ESTAPRIMO. i got other horses in this race and the best i think i am running is for is second money unfortunatly.

i guess not that many people are interested in my brain storm about a thread thead that deals in 2 yo's. in my world 2 year olds are the most exciting part of this game. i can tell that most people here are interested in doing their own pace and numbers handicapping. so i guess i will stop wasting your time in reading my post's about two year olds.

Hedevar
06-26-2010, 11:20 PM
on monday, june 28. race 6 philly. #5 ESTAPRIMO. i got other horses in this race and the best i think i am running is for is second money unfortunatly.

i guess not that many people are interested in my brain storm about a thread thead that deals in 2 yo's. in my world 2 year olds are the most exciting part of this game. i can tell that most people here are interested in doing their own pace and numbers handicapping. so i guess i will stop wasting your time in reading my post's about two year olds.

I think your idea is excellent.

only11
06-27-2010, 09:09 AM
I think your idea is excellent.
i agree keep the thread going

onefast99
07-01-2010, 07:39 AM
Sweet Ducky isn't for sale the owner will hold onto him. Look for some solid performances from this Kelly Breen trained rocket.

Stevie Belmont
07-01-2010, 04:36 PM
Just saw this thread. His works leading up to his debut were unreal.

theguarantee
07-02-2010, 12:02 PM
I've been following along, one of the more interesting threads, imo.

PhantomOnTour
07-25-2010, 04:11 PM
Sweet Ducky back in the Tyro today. Could be the Breen show today as I expect Nacho Saint to run well at the Spa in the Sanford and also Brother In Arms is in the Tyro & he must be feared. He put in a huge late run in his debut at Belmont behind Commonwealth Rush. Should be exciting.

PhantomOnTour
07-25-2010, 05:34 PM
Breen runs 2nd in both races. Nice performance by the Perkins colt in the Tyro.