PDA

View Full Version : Our Shorty at Hollywood on Sunday.

Stillriledup
06-20-2010, 04:19 AM
You don't see this too often, a horse making his first lifetime start at 6 years old. Shorty made his debut on May 8th finishing an excellent 3rd with no lasix at a big price. He came back a little over 3 weeks later and won easily, under pressure, to break his maiden in a Mdn allowance race, not a claimer mind you.

Now, here's why i'm posting. Shorty is back on Sunday, about 3 weeks after his maiden win. This will be his 3rd race in less than 6 weeks. I don't know why he didn't start until he was 6, but to me, this seems like he's back too quick off such a 'hard' race. He's also not the prettiest mover either, he wings his left front some and also has a little bit of a herky jerky motion.

He's in Sunday carrying 124 in the 5th race going 6 and a half.

Personally, i wouldnt bring a horse like this back so quick, i'd space his races out a bit more.

I'm not saying he can't win because he seems to have talent and a lot of try in him, but from an owners perspective, i'd space it out a little more.

kenwoodall2
06-20-2010, 12:10 PM
????

Stillriledup
06-20-2010, 03:33 PM
????

He was used very hard to keep the lead all the way, he ran hard all the way and seemed a little 'winded' on the gallop out. He wasn't exactly looking for more at the end of the race, despite the large margin of victory. The tape tells more than the paper.