PDA

View Full Version : Ohio State Football: has a live one

JustRalph
06-20-2010, 01:05 AM
Gotta love it......... shot twice in 60 days.........and got thrown out of high school............so far his rap sheet is in competition with Maurice Clarett

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2010/06/19/OSU_recruit_Jamel_Turner_shot_.html?sid=101

OSU recruit shot, seriously injured
Reports say Jamel Turner sustained mutliple gunshot wounds in Youngstown

SATURDAY, JUNE 19, 2010 08:23 PM
UPDATED: SATURDAY, JUNE 19, 2010 11:14 PM
BY KEN GORDON
THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

Ohio State recruit Jamel Turner was shot for the second time in about two months and this time was seriously injured, according to reports.

Turner, 18, suffered multiple gunshot wounds in an incident early yesterday that left a 17-year-old girl dead, according to The Vindicator of Youngstown, as well as television stations WBKN and WYTV.

Turner is in St. Elizabeth Health Center, police told The Vindicator. A St. Elizabeth spokeswoman said she could not give out any information.

In a statement, OSU coach Jim Tressel said, "I'm so sad to hear of Jamel's misfortune. I have not communicated with Jamel, but am certainly praying for him at this time."

According to the reports, police responded to a call of a multiple shooting and found a girl dead in a house on Youngstown's Manchester Street, and Turner lying outside with multiple wounds. The shooting took place at 3:23 a.m., and Turner was the one who called 911, police told The Vindicator.

The newspaper reported that police have a suspect, but that he had not been arrested as of last night.

On April 17, Turner suffered minor injuries from two gunshot wounds when a vehicle pulled up and fired shots into a car in which Turner was a passenger on a Youngstown highway. Guns and drugs were later found in the car in which Turner was riding.

even more at the link

TJDave
06-20-2010, 11:38 AM
Florida State
Miami
Oklahoma or
USC...

Let this guy get away?

JustRalph
06-20-2010, 04:42 PM
Florida State
Miami
Oklahoma or
USC...

Let this guy get away?

When you live as close to Columbus as he does.......you dream of playing for the Bucks...........

Although I kind of think your comment was in jest.........I gave you a straight answer anyway

Bubbles
06-20-2010, 08:31 PM
Just think, if he went to the fine, upstanding University of Michigan, he'd have been safe at practice while all this went down! :lol:

That's the one OSU joke I'll probably be able to make all season as a U of M fan, so I'm relishing in it.

JustRalph
06-20-2010, 10:14 PM
Just think, if he went to the fine, upstanding University of Michigan, he'd have been safe at practice while all this went down! :lol:

That's the one OSU joke I'll probably be able to make all season as a U of M fan, so I'm relishing in it.

From the Columbus Dispatch Web site, updated daily

Bubbles
06-21-2010, 07:01 PM
I'll freely admit we're NOT a good team. I do like Forcier as a spread QB, and our defense will most likely be better than last year, but I'd be shocked if we got more than 7 or 8 wins.

Lloyd Carr should not have been let go. He was forced to step away due to one game that could not be replicated in 1,000 tries, and he proved his mettle when that same squad became the only team to ever beat Tim Tebow in a bowl game. Rich Rod isn't a bad game coach, but he lost the team last year, and could conceivably do the same this season.

rastajenk
06-22-2010, 11:15 AM
Bucks have also lost Cris Carter's son to a junior college. In the whole course catalog, which must be inches thick, they couldn't find enough cushy spots to keep him in decent grades? :confused:

JustRalph
06-22-2010, 05:43 PM
Bucks have also lost Cris Carter's son to a junior college. In the whole course catalog, which must be inches thick, they couldn't find enough cushy spots to keep him in decent grades? :confused:

I was reading about this yesterday........amazing....... :bang:

Robert Goren
06-22-2010, 07:02 PM
Who cares it is the big 10?:rolleyes:

:blush: Opps, I forgot we are now part the big 10.
Old habits die hard.;)

JustRalph
06-22-2010, 10:57 PM
A Sports event in Columbus Today. Not many places can put this together

4 Heisman Winners. 4 living winners.........there are two more I believe.

Don't forget.........Archie has two of those Trophies

GaryG
06-23-2010, 07:15 AM
A Sports event in Columbus Today. Not many places can put this together

4 Heisman Winners. 4 living winners.........there are two more I believe.

Don't forget.........Archie has two of those Trophies Garrett, Simpson, White, Allen, Palmer, Leinart and Bush. All living, although one of them is confined....:lol:

JustRalph
06-23-2010, 07:31 AM
Garrett, Simpson, White, Allen, Palmer, Leinart and Bush. All living, although one of them is confined....:lol:

I said not many........ :lol:

I thought about that crew too.......... amazing huh?

What a legacy ....... I remember the Game OJ played against OSU in the Rose Bowl in 69. OJ had a big day........and Jack Tatum was hitting him hard. OSU ended up winning ..........it was a big day around my house. I was 9 yrs old.

Black Ruby
06-23-2010, 07:40 AM
University of Louisville continues to show what's important to their school!
http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=20106210388

GaryG
07-27-2010, 08:26 PM
Clarett is out of the joint and back at OSU. At taxpayer expense of course. He is "pursuing his degree". More likely to be pursued by the cops.