PDA

View Full Version : On the eve before Father's Day

Rookies
06-19-2010, 11:27 PM
'natch, my favourite movie was shown on a local movie station.

There are so many parallels with my own life, that when Kevin Costner says:

" Dad, would you like a catch ? "

... I never fail to tear up.

A wonderful picture and Happy Fathers day to all the fathers out there, especially if, unlike myself for the past 46 years, you still have one.

sonnyp
06-20-2010, 12:04 AM
i'm 60 goin on 100 and single. 10 years ago i had a young girl abandon her infant son with me.

took him to the orphanage thinking i could never handle the responsibility.

couldn't walk out on him and be #2 before he turned 2 y.o. and he's now 12 and my son.

i tell him all the time i've got 1 job.....to prepare him to take care of himself when i'm not around any more.

we got this little schtict we do.... i ask him "what are you gonna do when i'm gone ? " he always answers, "you'll never be gone, you'll always be here and here " as he points to his head and his chest.

makes it very worth while.

from your post, i can tell your dad is "here and here" as you point to your head and your chest.

happy father's day my man.

only11
06-20-2010, 07:29 AM
Being a dad(parent) TOUGHEST THING IN TH E WORLD...
HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ALL.....

trackrat59
06-20-2010, 07:40 AM
Happy Fathers Day to all the dads. :jump:

BELMONT 6-6-09
06-20-2010, 08:11 AM
i'm 60 goin on 100 and single. 10 years ago i had a young girl abandon her infant son with me.

couldn't walk out on him and be #2 before he turned 2 y.o. and he's now 12 and my son.

i tell him all the time i've got 1 job.....to prepare him to take care of himself when i'm not around any more.

we got this little schtict we do.... i ask him "what are you gonna do when i'm gone ? " he always answers, "you'll never be gone, you'll always be here and here " as he points to his head and his chest.

from your post, i can tell your dad is "here and here" as you point to your head and your chest.

Sonny...wonderful post. Happy Fathers Day!

LottaKash
06-20-2010, 10:06 AM

HAPPY PAPPY DAY !!!......:jump: :jump: :jump:

Best,

DJofSD
06-20-2010, 10:28 AM

Sacrifice. Duty. Responsibility. Those are the first three things that came into my head reading this post. If your son learns those lessons, you've been a success.

Happy Father's day to all.