PDA

View Full Version : Claim on Zito trained horse voided at Monmouth

Vinman
06-19-2010, 10:57 PM
A day after the Robert La Penta owned & Nick Zito trained K's Revenge was scratched from a $5,000 claiming sprint at Monmouth on Friday, the horse ran 6th at 3/5 in a $7,500 claimer today. It was announced after the race that the horse was claimed. It was later announced that the claim was voided.

Does anyone know why the claim was voided? The Equibase chart mentions nothing about the voided claim.

Vinman

tbwinner
06-19-2010, 11:58 PM
A day after the Robert La Penta owned & Nick Zito trained K's Revenge was scratched from a $5,000 claiming sprint at Monmouth on Friday, the horse ran 6th at 3/5 in a $7,500 claimer today. It was announced after the race that the horse was claimed. It was later announced that the claim was voided.

Does anyone know why the claim was voided? The Equibase chart mentions nothing about the voided claim.

Vinman

K's Revenge does not have a claim on him (as listed on Equibase like you said). Maybe it was the new to-be owner didn't have the money in his horseman's account by post (or 10min to)?

Vinman
06-20-2010, 12:19 AM
Or maybe he misspelled the horse's name.....or his own name....on the claim slip.

peakpros
06-20-2010, 09:03 AM

Vinman

slip was filed out incorrectly...i heard but did not verify that wrong race number was written

Vinman
06-20-2010, 10:40 AM
slip was filed out incorrectly...i heard but did not verify that wrong race number was written

I'm sure the "would be" owner went out for a nice dinner to celebrate his "Mulligan" at the claim box. I suspect there will be no takers next time the horse runs.

kenwoodall2
06-20-2010, 11:57 AM
I'm sure the "would be" owner went out for a nice dinner to celebrate his "Mulligan" at the claim box. I suspect there will be no takers next time the horse runs.
I guess even a couple grand matters! They scratched to put it up to $7.5k, so I guess the horse is worth $5K after all! Why 3/5 at $7/5k?