PDA

View Full Version : Party at My Place in the 9th at Hollywood!

Stillriledup
06-19-2010, 09:08 PM
I keep telling myself over and over again that i need to get these clocker reports. I ended up betting on this slowpoke in the finale and after it was all said and done, i felt really embarrassed that i'm betting horses without checking in with So Cal's best clockers. I probably could have saved money on this horse if i purchased the report.

andymays
06-19-2010, 09:12 PM
I keep telling myself over and over again that i need to get these clocker reports. I ended up betting on this slowpoke in the finale and after it was all said and done, i felt really embarrassed that i'm betting horses without checking in with So Cal's best clockers. I probably could have saved money on this horse if i purchased the report.

The #3 Honour Family was entered not to be claimed and was working well. The entered not to be claimed angle has been a hot one.

Honour Family 06/13 SA /FT 5F 59.0h
Moved very well for bulk of drill while proving best over stablemate, Valen.
Finished up with some grit while winning out by two lengths. (I)

Fortunate Appeal 06/14 SA /FT 5F 101.0hG
Broke a tad tardy from the gate posting an opening split of 13 1/5.
Picked the pace up considerably to earn interior fractions of 24 3/5,
36.0, 47 3/5. Geared down for the final furlong. Could be very
competitive at this level in debut at a solid price.

05/30 SA /FT 5F 101.0h
Looked very good. Never asked and finished with interest in 24 2/5. Several
morning drills suggest he's better than this level so he may have some
issues but still appears to have enough ability to be successful.

Stillriledup
06-19-2010, 09:17 PM
Yeah, that's a good angle.

ronsmac
06-20-2010, 04:16 PM
Don't be too upset. I've bet So Cal exclusively for 12 yrs until this yr. and I've been getting clocker reports for about 8 yrs. Since the move to synthetic, they've really been hit or miss. FTS with great works sometimes do well sometimes not, Slow pokes in the morning finish like zenyatta in the afternoon. They've become so popular that they probably produce big underlays now. Also, the So Cal trainers are so intuned to the clockers now, that they hide their horses a little better now.

andymays
06-20-2010, 04:19 PM
Don't be too upset. I've bet So Cal exclusively for 12 yrs until this yr. and I've been getting clocker reports for about 8 yrs. Since the move to synthetic, they've really been hit or miss. FTS with great works sometimes do well sometimes not, Slow pokes in the morning finish like zenyatta in the afternoon. They've become so popular that they probably produce big underlays now. Also, the So Cal trainers are so intuned to the clockers now, that they hide their horses a little better now.

You're right! Much of is has to do with the temperature and moisture in the morning air vs. hot afternoon air. Del Mar would be the most extreme example of horses working like monsters over the surface in the mornings and then nothing in the afternoons.