PDA

View Full Version : 6-19 No Worries: Tony Hayward goes Sailing and Obama goes golfing.

andymays
06-19-2010, 05:16 PM
Gulf residents outraged by BP CEO's yacht outing

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20100619/D9GEI7UG0.html

Excerpt:

Just when it seemed Gulf residents couldn't get any more outraged about the massive oil spill fouling their coastline, word came Saturday that BP's CEO was taking time off to attend a glitzy yacht race in England.
Tony Hayward's latest public relations gaffe didn't sit well with people in the U.S. who have seen their livelihoods ruined by the massive two-month oil spill.

"Man, that ain't right. None of us can even go out fishing, and he's at the yacht races," said Bobby Pitre, 33, who runs a tattoo shop in Larose, La. "I wish we could get a day off from the oil, too."

Obama hits golf course with Biden on another hot, humid weekend

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/104313-obama-hits-golf-course-with-biden-on-another-hot-humid-weekend

jballscalls
06-19-2010, 06:16 PM
i really am not a fan of these guys from BP

boxcar
06-19-2010, 06:37 PM
i really am not a fan of these guys from BP

Why? Because those BP guys aren't out on the golf course hobnobbing with #1 and #2, instead?

Boxcar

ArlJim78
06-19-2010, 07:52 PM
didn't he just recently say that this oil spill was like 9/11 and that nobody would rest until it is solved?
so he goes to a ballgame friday night and then goes golfing, again on Saturday.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_9Bx0L3n3uAo/TB07CIPsh_I/AAAAAAAAHuk/StOQrb68OvU/s400/obamagolfing.jpg

cj's dad
06-19-2010, 09:04 PM
didn't he just recently say that this oil spill was like 9/11 and that nobody would rest until it is solved?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_9Bx0L3n3uAo/TB07CIPsh_I/AAAAAAAAHuk/StOQrb68OvU/s400/obamagolfing.jpg

If one assumes that he is basically a "supervisor", think back to bosses you have had who were incompetent. They were the ones who you could not find when the going got tough or when you needed a question answered, or a decision made. This guy has no answers so he avoids public scrutiny and press conferences.

Tom
06-20-2010, 12:08 AM
Where are the Horsemen with their outrage over this?
I know hcap is living through Bush's 10th year, but where is Sec?

jballscalls
06-20-2010, 10:18 AM
Why? Because those BP guys aren't out on the golf course hobnobbing with #1 and #2, instead?

Boxcar

have you heard this guy Hayward talk? he's an asshole of the first degree. "i'd like my life back" and "i'm sorry for the small people of the gulf" those are two of my favorites.

I can't understand how anyone can stand up for BP in this whole ordeal

DJofSD
06-20-2010, 10:21 AM

He's an ivory tower idealist. He has no idea what is hard work.

rastajenk
06-20-2010, 10:37 AM
"Now watch this drive...." :eek:

TheBid9
06-20-2010, 11:05 AM
After all, when you're CEO of a major corporation and:
Don't Know Anything,
Aren't Involved In Anything,
Haven't Been Informed About Anything
And Not Involved In Any Of Your Company's Actions,
I don't see why anybody would miss this bum.

Greyfox
06-20-2010, 11:15 AM
Don't Know Anything,

Good points. "Ditto" for Obama.

Robert Goren
06-20-2010, 11:28 AM
I watched "The Wind and The Lion" last night. I could not help thinking about how Teddy Roosevelt would have handled this mess.

kenwoodall2
06-20-2010, 11:52 AM
Pres. putting pix are not for us- they are for top corp execs to show how :cool: it is.
Looks like he has a beeper anyway! Can't the Pres afford a new cap once in a while?

TheBid9
06-20-2010, 12:04 PM
A GOOF BALL HITTING A GOLF BALL!!!!!

DJofSD
06-20-2010, 12:05 PM
Can't the Pres afford a new cap once in a while?

You mean something like this: http://www.hinkyimport.com/chmaoredarha.html

boxcar
06-20-2010, 12:41 PM
Don't Know Anything,

He knows enough to be the CEO of the company; and being a technical expert is probably far down on the list of the most desired and necessary qualifications to run a business. The rest of your post is mindless, hyperbolic drivel grounded in your assumptions.

Boxcar

boxcar
06-20-2010, 12:42 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: That was great!

Boxcar

TheBid9
06-20-2010, 04:11 PM
You found my post so upsetting. I simply paraphrased his answers to the congressional committee. Almost every question was answered in this vain, and the bum remark is my opinion. You don't have to like it!

Greyfox
06-20-2010, 04:22 PM
You found my post so upsetting. I simply paraphrased his answers to the congressional committee. Almost every question was answered in this vain, and the bum remark is my opinion. You don't have to like it!

Yes. I thought your post was fine.
I think boxy may have taken you literally instead of the use of sarcasm that you were employing. In fairness to boxy he may not have seen Haywards performance as a matador adroitly dodging every horn thrust his way.
Hayward acted like the village idiot with no knowledge of anything and not willing to admit to anything. Excellent stonewalling on his part, but frustrating for the Senators.

TheBid9
06-20-2010, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the clarification Greyfox, I appreciate it.

boxcar
06-20-2010, 05:33 PM
Yes. I thought your post was fine.
I think boxy may have taken you literally instead of the use of sarcasm that you were employing. In fairness to boxy he may not have seen Haywards performance as a matador adroitly dodging every horn thrust his way.
Hayward acted like the village idiot with no knowledge of anything and not willing to admit to anything. Excellent stonewalling on his part, but frustrating for the Senators.

Let me tell everyone something: This Dem(on)s-controlled congress acts like the Spanish Inquisition! Liberals get to demonize anyone they want at any time for any reason or excuse. Liberals are always trying to further divide America by giving the impression to Americans that the Private Sector is their greatest enemy. Moreover, they get to investigate anyone at any time for any reason/excuse. I would not be surprised if the corporate lawyers told Hayward to say as little as possible, which I know really irked that moron Waxman. Just for that alone, I give a :ThmbUp: to Hayward.

So, frankly...Hayward's performance didn't bother me that much. It might have been his way of telling Congress where to stick their belligerent, antagonist, argumentative, arrogant and pompous attitude where the sun never shines. Again, another :ThmbUp:

And I would remind everyone here once again...that at the end of the day, the only way that oil rig could go online is WITH THE BLESSING, APPROVAL and SANCTION OF THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT. As stated previously, the oil industry is probably the most heavily regulated and controlled industry in this country. So...what happened?

Has anyone here bothered to ask, for example, why this particular rig received so many "waivers"? This was waived. That was waived. Something else was waived. And just who did all this waiving? Wasn't it the federal guard dogs protecting America? :bang: :bang: :bang: And why were so many corners allowed to be cut by the feds on such a risky, deep water operation!? Should not the feds played it even safes by demanding even greater safety measures. But instead, it appears they threw so much caution to the wind...and now as a result, we have so much oil in the water -- OUR water!

This foolishness that our government is never at fault for anything must come to a screeching halt. This stinkin', corrupt, sanctimonious, arrogant, pompous, know-it-all government isn't a god! Not even close!

In the end, folks, there's plenty of blame to go around. But as I have told Goren: Never forget that that oil rig would not have been in operation without the approval of the federal government. Anyway you want to slice and dice this, the feds had the final say! The buck stopped with the feds! This is the same federal bureaucracy that you libs drool and salivate over and just can't wait unit they take more control over your personal lives. :bang: :bang:

Boxcar

Tom
06-20-2010, 06:13 PM
No one has as much blame here as Ovomit.
This is HIS show....100%

johnhannibalsmith
06-20-2010, 09:10 PM
have you heard this guy Hayward talk? he's an asshole of the first degree. "i'd like my life back" and "i'm sorry for the small people of the gulf" those are two of my favorites.

I can't understand how anyone can stand up for BP in this whole ordeal

Not to be a dick and I know it's easy to just lump all devils into one costume, but you are attributing quotes to the wrong person.

kenwoodall2
06-20-2010, 11:34 PM
LOL!!

TJDave
06-20-2010, 11:42 PM
you are attributing quotes to the wrong person.

I understand that English, not being his native language, means that the Chairman probably wasn't being insensitive in his comments...Still:

Someone should have run his remarks through the sen-so-meter.

If BP can afford 50 mil for advertising they could have spent a few dollars on proper PR.

johnhannibalsmith
06-21-2010, 12:10 AM
I understand that English, not being his native language, means that the Chairman probably wasn't being insensitive in his comments...Still:

Someone should have run his remarks through the sen-so-meter.

If BP can afford 50 mil for advertising they could have spent a few dollars on proper PR.

Great point, but the one that I was making had to do with the fact that Svanberg made the quip about "little people", not Hayward as Jason stated.

jognlope
06-21-2010, 10:16 AM
Better he stay stressed out, have no fun? (Obama, not the dork).

TheBid9
06-21-2010, 10:41 AM
First off, I don't like/trust Liberals, Politicians in general, Liberal Politicians and Big Business. I ldo like the hard working American citizen who spends his/her days supporting their families, paying their taxes and trying to eke out a couple of days of well deserved vacaction each year.
When I watched the Congressional Hearings on the oil spill, I knew I was watching overpaid, lying morons who are trying to improve their tarnished images for their future elections. But I did support them, in the moment, because they were trying to extract some, any information from a smug, deceitful Tony Hayward. The entire process was an exercise in futility. Almost every Hayward response was cloaked in subterfuge: I didn't know anything, I wasn't informed about what was going on etc..
Now I know that this government practices deceit and greed on every level and I know that the destroyed rig should never have been approved- that is their fault, however I was hoping for just a glimpse of, dare I say it, THE TRUTH!!! But Tony's smugness became apparent when he commented " I'm personally devastated" over the 11 lives lost. I thought he was about to fall asleep. I know TH was under a "gag order" from his corporate attorneys but wouldn't it had been sweet to get at least one truthful answer-Ah! To Dream.
His behavior was inexcusable and I can't help feeling he owed us something, after all, those were our brothers, sisters, children on that rig. The thousands of dead animals and birds and miles of destroyed, needed marshlands belong to us!
I am under no illusion. This was a disaster from the beginning. Just another fatal example of government and big business getting into bed with each other. And the loser is always the innocent public. Has BP come across with the $25 billion yet? If not, I think it will be a long time for that to happen and should it happen I believe some of that money might find its way into "special interest" projects.
Now I didn't see all of the hearings- I can take just so much frustration. But I saw enough to make me angry and sad. Angry because I'm once again disappointed by the money hungry antics of an incompetent, blundering government and a coniving, manipulative corporation. Sad because, once again, my country suffers and my brothers and sisters hurt.

Robert Goren
06-21-2010, 11:04 AM
There are real questions about the government oversight of the oil rig. That being said, there something that worries me here and it does just apply to this mess. I was taught that just because something is not illegal, that doesn't mean you should do it. That idea seems to have gotten lost in the last few years. Whatever happened to doing doing the smart (and right) thing even if there is no government regulation requiring it.:bang:

boxcar
06-21-2010, 11:41 AM
There are real questions about the government oversight of the oil rig. That being said, there something that worries me here and it does just apply to this mess. I was taught that just because something is not illegal, that doesn't mean you should do it. That idea seems to have gotten lost in the last few years. Whatever happened to doing doing the smart (and right) thing even if there is no government regulation requiring it.:bang:

You think? Tell that to yourself and your liberal comrades when the state dons its Robin Hood costume to pick the citizens' pockets -- all under the protection of the law. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Boxcar

woodtoo
06-21-2010, 01:06 PM
Breaking news,Obama plugged the gulf hole!!!
oops sorry that should read the golf hole. :rolleyes:

riskman
06-21-2010, 02:02 PM
"The government that foolishly limited BP's maximum liability, the government that claimed it knew where best to drill, the government that actually stopped locals from protecting their own shoreline — that would be that same government that bankrupted Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, the Post Office, Amtrak and virtually everything it has managed — now wants to decide who gets BP's cash.

The last time this government had this much private cash to give away, during the GM and Chrysler bankruptcies, it disregarded well-settled law and gave it to the labor unions. To whom will it give this cash — the innocent injured or its political friends?

The government cannot protect us from every catastrophe, especially ones its rules have facilitated. How about this: That government is best which governs least.

The people have a right to a government that obeys the laws of economics, the laws of physics and the Constitution. Let private enterprise do what it does best and keep politics out of the way.

If the Constitution was written to keep the government off the people's backs, it is time for the feds to get off."

The rest of the article....it is brief
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,594783,00.html

BlueShoe
06-21-2010, 02:50 PM
On the letters page in the op ed section of my daily newspaper this morning was a thought worth passing on. A reader remarked that he had finally figured out what Obama stands for: Oily Beaches And Mismanaged Absenteeism.

boxcar
06-21-2010, 02:57 PM
"The government that foolishly limited BP's maximum liability, the government that claimed it knew where best to drill, the government that actually stopped locals from protecting their own shoreline — that would be that same government that bankrupted Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, the Post Office, Amtrak and virtually everything it has managed — now wants to decide who gets BP's cash.

The last time this government had this much private cash to give away, during the GM and Chrysler bankruptcies, it disregarded well-settled law and gave it to the labor unions. To whom will it give this cash — the innocent injured or its political friends?

The government cannot protect us from every catastrophe, especially ones its rules have facilitated. How about this: That government is best which governs least.

The people have a right to a government that obeys the laws of economics, the laws of physics and the Constitution. Let private enterprise do what it does best and keep politics out of the way.

If the Constitution was written to keep the government off the people's backs, it is time for the feds to get off."

The rest of the article....it is brief
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,594783,00.html

And here's the kicker with this "independent third party" who is going to manage this escrow/slush fund: This guy is a BO-appointed czar who answers to no one but the president. So...the government now gets to completely control who gets this money and who doesn't. This czar has no oversight....except, of course, Obama himself. But how is this guy an independent third party? :bang: :bang: Another BO lie to Americans.

Boxcar

ArlJim78
06-21-2010, 05:07 PM
you think that they spend tax payer money fast, wait until you see how fast they push BP's money out the door. I heard last week that they do not plan to verify the claims, that they will assume up front that all claims are valid. Every scam artist across the nation will be sucking on that one until its dry.

boxcar
06-21-2010, 05:14 PM
you think that they spend tax payer money fast, wait until you see how fast they push BP's money out the door. I heard last week that they do not plan to verify the claims, that they will assume up front that all claims are valid. Every scam artist across the nation will be sucking on that one until its dry.

Which means the people who really need the money will get zilch! And this is by deign, otherwise, BO would have let BP handle it or they would have both agreed on a truly independent third party, such an accounting firm or well respected charity, etc. But you know that most of that money going to D.C. to that czar will never reach the hands of the right people. This government is sooooo corrupt. :bang: :bang:

Boxcar

Tom
06-21-2010, 09:59 PM
* SING *

Let's throw Hayward over,
the White Cliffs of Dover,
and see if that slug is a plug.

bigmack
06-21-2010, 10:10 PM
Is a decent PR firm out of the question for these lamebrains?

I could have a neighborhood PR shop that also sELL live bait and ice cold Fresca and have told them to categorically pull Mr. HeyWARD ;Yes June?'...From the public eye about 10 minutes after he yapped about getting his life back.

You mean a company their size can't figure out how to have a good "face team" to show to the public? Corporate dolts!

They, like most, should step aside and let free wheeling entrepreneurs have a crack at this.

Corporate America hires grey, cubicle bound flunkies.

GET THESE G-MEN & CORPORATE FLUNKIES OUT OF THE WAY!

hcap
06-22-2010, 07:29 AM
You think? Tell that to yourself and your liberal comrades when the state dons its Robin Hood costume to pick the citizens' pockets -- all under the protection of the law. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BoxcarRobin was THE GOOD guy. Unlike.......

http://www.basilrathbone.net/films/robinhood/rh07a.jpg

Box is that you in the middle?
Beady eyes, conniving evil smirk.