PDA

View Full Version : race 8 deleware june 19

lamboguy
06-19-2010, 04:33 PM
i would love to know how the 3 horse winds up the favorite in this race while the horse was 2-1 in the starting gate. why was the horse a legitamate 3rd choice in the daily doubles, yet with the lead out of the gate the horse drops to 6/5 favorite against a good horse that has 2 wins as opposed to 1 win. are the late win players that much smarter than the daily double punters?

i don't understand how one group of bettors could possibly be smarter than others. please explain this one to me, i want to learn

lamboguy
06-19-2010, 05:41 PM
i have waited over an hour for any type of response to my delema here. i put this out to the elite horse community here at pace advantage, i can see that the membes here must be as puzzled as myself on this one.

Edward DeVere
06-19-2010, 09:18 PM
i would love to know how the 3 horse winds up the favorite in this race while the horse was 2-1 in the starting gate.

I just watched the replay - he was 3-2 a few seconds before the gate opened.

lamboguy
06-19-2010, 09:29 PM
I just watched the replay - he was 3-2 a few seconds before the gate opened.
on my UBET screen he was 2-1. most of the time their tote is more accurate than the delayed track feed. but in any case we know there is lots of betting that comes in due to arbitrage wagers right at the bell. it still doesn't explain this big disparity between daily double wagers and win bettors.

the only question i am asking here is could there be a chance that win bettors are better pickers than daily double bettors?

JustRalph
06-19-2010, 09:34 PM
I watched one at maybe Churchill (?) the other day go from 11-1 when the gate opened to 4-1 as he led throughout.

Hit the wire and paid 4-1 ........ I just shook my head.........can't remember for sure where the hell it was though..... I have been playing too much this week :bang:

lamboguy
06-19-2010, 10:18 PM
let me try this again. the 8th race at deleware today only has 5 horses to start out with. basically there are only 3 win factors in the race. both the pick 3 and daily double payoffs reflect the 3 horse as being the third choice. the pick 4 payoff makes him a close 2nd to third choice. the daily double payoff for the 3 is $52.00 almost doubel that for the 4 which is paying $27.00

i would just like to know how the win wgerer's are smarter than the double and pick 3 and 4 wagerere's.

does it mean thatpick 3 and pick 4 wagers are dumb wagers to begin with and only stupid people play them?

Edward DeVere
06-19-2010, 10:57 PM
My best guess on the DD payoffs is this: Trickmeister was 8-1 on the ML and not one of the top three choices. The three program choices are notoriously overbet in the double, which means the other horses are underbet in relation to those three.

That's my story and I'm stuck with it.

lamboguy
06-19-2010, 11:45 PM
My best guess on the DD payoffs is this: Trickmeister was 8-1 on the ML and not one of the top three choices. The three program choices are notoriously overbet in the double, which means the other horses are underbet in relation to those three.

That's my story and I'm stuck with it.that would make sense, since i never look at the morning line anyway, but i guess alot of people follow in on the morning line and trust the guy making the line

bobbyt62
06-21-2010, 01:41 PM
i also think that the win pool is the most "handicapped" pool-----there aren't any guessers, number players, and all/back wheel bettors in the win pool.