PDA

View Full Version : Some random selections for 6/19 Hollywood, Stockton, and Monmouth

letswastemoney
06-19-2010, 04:00 PM
Hollywood Race 3

Royal FJ looks good. I think blinkers will do the trick.

Millyone and Uzziah are the other major players, but beware of Ascanio. He is ice cold this year. As for Shirreffs, well you can never discount a Shirreffs horse.

I would throw out Royal Dream because he got a soft pace last time. But it is entirely possible he will get a soft pace again. With Milyone in here though, my initial feeling is that Royal Dream will be pressured.

Notice that even with the soft pace, Royal FJ still outkicked Royal Dream in their last race.

I have not taken a deep enough look at the rest of the card.

Stockton Race 8

Softly Singing and Fairway Road have been racing against pretty hefty company (Blink Luck, Bickersons). Also notice Softly Singing finished second to Champagne D Oro who just won last weekend.

I like Softly Singing better of the two, although I do like the fact Fairway Road has a win over dirt.

Fifie's Fantasy should be in the mix. The other fillies are overmatched.

Monmouth Race 8

Livin Lovin looks miles better than this field, but she might need a race. If that's the case, Aegean or Slam The Cat might get the job done. The slow beyers Aegean has were early in her career. She may have matured since then.

I still think Livin Lovin should win though.

Monmouth Race 10

It looks like Jerkens has Afleet Express figured out, and he should show this field his true talent and win.

His beyer figure was changed from 115 to 107 for no reason apparently in his last victory, and if you are to believe beyer figures should not be subjectively changed, then he looks even better.

Not sure what to make of Jackson Bend. He always comes close, but I'm not sure he can win at the highest level. If you use Afleet Express, you shouldn't use Jackson Bend underneath because it won't pay much.

Note that Nacho Friend tried to close into slow fractions last time out. He should get a better pace this time with Afleet Express.

Schoolyard Dreams and Afleet Again are capable of hitting the board.

I do not understand what people are seeing in Soaring Softly. Maybe he will surprise me, but I don't like him.

Well those are my random selections for a few select races.