PDA

View Full Version : Belmont-R6

PhantomOnTour
06-19-2010, 12:35 PM
Some pretty nice colts going at it here...An1x 3+ going 1m...scratched are the :4: and :5: . Any future Stakes types in here ya think? No, I am not talking about Aikenite, who is also in this field.

:2: Winaholic-nice score in last in MSW at Mth in good time over a slow track. Earned an above par speed fig for this level. I am always leery of Pletcher charges who come from and work at Mth. They usually are not as good as their NY stablemates.

:3: Safety Check-ahhhhh,Goldberg. Waltzed home unchallenged in last at 7f over this Bel track. Decent figs, but below par for today's level. By Empire Maker out of Safely Kept. Should be the chalk unless folks go 'Pletcher' on us.

:6: Shrewd One-fantastic win in last race in fast time and earned the top pace and speed figs in this field as a result. They exceed par for today's level. He 'broke' his An1x but it was vs NY breds so he gets in this open field under the An1x conditions. He was all set for his last race though, showing the quintessential fig pattern...equaled his 2yr old fig in first start at age 3 and then exploded. He has worked twice for this, but may take a step back vs open company and coming off such a huge performance. If the $ is right I may play him.

:7: Cocalero-goes from Albertrani to first stringer bin Suroor off a nice and professional debut win. Went last to first after breaking slowly and having other trafic problems...very impressive,but it was a -E -Rail day by my observations and he didn't equal par for this level. Still, he was visually impressive and can be expected to move forward imo. By AP Indy out of Got Koko.

:2b: Aikenite-no thanks...underlay.

:1: -first of the Zito entry chased Afleet Express home, who goes in a Mth stakes race today. Not a bad effort as he was clearly second best and 5+ lengths clear of 3rd. Could move forward...lone 4yr old in the field, which is a negative imo as he's had 5 tries at this level already.

:1a: -broke maiden for a tag but did so nicely and then improved his pace and speed figs in first try vs winners...not an easy feat. Can be used at the right price.

So where does all this drivel leave us? Gotta go with Cocalero despite the slower figs. Godolphin is a beast at Bel and he should improve today. May be the third betting choice if I am lucky and I would welcome anything above 4-1. Good luck, and who do you like here?

cj
06-19-2010, 12:59 PM
I like the straight 1 Hoopoe. Zito is hot right now and the horse ran much improved on my numbers despite being blown away by the winner. His entry mate is in better than looks form as well. His last two were against soft paces and he won anyway. The figs might not tell the whole story with him.

PhantomOnTour
06-19-2010, 01:10 PM
Can't fault your opinion CJ. I have Khalifa's last two at:

27May: 98-108
14Apr: 97-102

Nice improvement vs winners. The paces were slow but he sat right off them and ran on well...nice pace/speed dynamic for the stretch to 1m today.
This whole field will be under 7-1 imo and if you key on top in the ex you almost have to go ALL in 2nd. Maybe just a win bet...who knows. Perhaps my standard man to man wager of a roast beef poboy CJ? My Cocalero vs your Zito entry?? Hmmm...?

By the way, just went down hard in R1. Chernobyl had the best 3fr by far in this field but he's 3 for 50 so I used him liberally underneath...oops.

cj
06-19-2010, 01:28 PM
Sure, one on one. I am really against your horse in this spot, mostly for the reasons you mentioned yourself, so why not?

PhantomOnTour
06-19-2010, 03:18 PM
Cocalero opens at 9-5!?
Whoa....underlay. Ironically, if the odds stay the same, I may bet your horse at 7-1 with the real money.

PhantomOnTour
06-19-2010, 03:43 PM
Would you like fries or potato salad with that CJ?

cj
06-19-2010, 03:49 PM
I'll give you a pass, we both didn't run well.

PaceAdvantage
06-22-2010, 02:16 AM
I love how a certain user whose two posts were removed from this thread came to the conclusion that their posts were deleted because they are not an advertiser here... :lol: ...i hope for their sake they were joking...

News flash: neither PhantomOnTour or cj are advertisers here...i get no money from cj for advertising, and only put a link to his site on the home page because he is nice enough to help moderate here (in other words, I actually trust him).

This irate poster must have thought they made a tremendous contribution to the thread when they wrote "bet the favorite." Please note this thread is about handicapping Belmont's race #6. And also note this thread is in the GENERAL HANDICAPPING DISCUSSION section, not the SELECTIONS section. If it were in SELECTIONS, I doubt your post would have been deleted.

To sum it up, your contribution to this thread was worthless in the opinion of the moderator. It served no purpose in a thread such as this. And even though the favorite did win, that fact is immaterial.

Hopefully, now you understand exactly why your post was removed and how it had nothing to do with some silly advertising notion.

And even though your thoughtless and insulting follow-up didn't deserve this kind of thorough reply...you can "thank me very much" nevertheless.

cj
06-22-2010, 12:44 PM
I should add when it was posted, there was no way to even know which horse would be the favorite.

I love how a certain user whose two posts were removed from this thread came to the conclusion that their posts were deleted because they are not an advertiser here... :lol: ...i hope for their sake they were joking...

News flash: neither PhantomOnTour or cj are advertisers here...i get no money from cj for advertising, and only put a link to his site on the home page because he is nice enough to help moderate here (in other words, I actually trust him).

This irate poster must have thought they made a tremendous contribution to the thread when they wrote "bet the favorite." Please note this thread is about handicapping Belmont's race #6. And also note this thread is in the GENERAL HANDICAPPING DISCUSSION section, not the SELECTIONS section. If it were in SELECTIONS, I doubt your post would have been deleted.

To sum it up, your contribution to this thread was worthless in the opinion of the moderator. It served no purpose in a thread such as this. And even though the favorite did win, that fact is immaterial.

Hopefully, now you understand exactly why your post was removed and how it had nothing to do with some silly advertising notion.

And even though your thoughtless and insulting follow-up didn't deserve this kind of thorough reply...you can "thank me very much" nevertheless.