PDA

View Full Version : Dennis Mills..Lets help him

rwwupl
06-18-2010, 02:24 PM
Dennis Mills..Lets help him

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dennis Mills of Magna has asked for ideas and thoughts on the HorseRacing Industry, to contact him at Racingfuture.com.com. or:

Please contact me(Dennis Mills) with any ideas or thoughts you have regarding the Horse Racing Industry. Working together, as a united group, we can achieve our goals of re-establishing Horse Racing as the most popular sport in America.

(416) 587-1716

dennis_mills@racingfuture.com

Dennis Mills
455 Magna Drive
Aurora, Ontario
L4G 7A9
Canada

My initial reply is sent via e-mail: To Dennis Mills...

Good Idea...,good luck,... Suggest you read PaceAdvantage Blog... Bloghttp://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/? ...

And Horseplayers of North America Website(HANA) and the Blog to see the issues that your customers are interested in .

http://www.horseplayersassociation.org/

roger@hanaweb.org

Roger Way,California State Representative, HANA

speed
06-18-2010, 02:41 PM
IMO Magna is a disease. Everything they touch as far as track ownership takes a turn for the worse. After seeing what they did to Gulfstream Park i have not bet a nickel at any Magna owned track since. Really a shame though i was at Gulfstream everyday for 15 years as an owner and bettor. Never again.

I have no desire to attempt to help Magna. They could care less about horsemen or horse racing fans.

kenwoodall2
06-18-2010, 04:07 PM
There are 2 of the same threads now on PA. Raci9ngfuture.ciom ideas inputs incluse a contest to win 50% ownership of a foal, and owner license only cost covered by winner.

Trotman
06-19-2010, 10:21 AM
You got to be kidding. I'm from these neck of the woods and Mills is just a face for the public for Magna, in other words one of Frank's puppets. He was in politics up here and screwed that up as well and had to get out cause no one believed him. To put it bluntly Magna could screw up a box lunch as they have proved over and over again. I just wished they let go of all their holdings and sell it to people who care about horse racing.

rwwupl
06-19-2010, 10:59 AM
You got to be kidding. I'm from these neck of the woods and Mills is just a face for the public for Magna, in other words one of Frank's puppets. He was in politics up here and screwed that up as well and had to get out cause no one believed him. To put it bluntly Magna could screw up a box lunch as they have proved over and over again. I just wished they let go of all their holdings and sell it to people who care about horse racing.

"A positive anything is better than a negative nothing"

Trotman
06-19-2010, 11:14 AM
rwwupl make reference to anything you like, it's gullible people like you that might be horse racing's real problem :bang:

Igeteven
06-19-2010, 11:26 AM
rwwupl make reference to anything you like, it's gullible people like you that might be horse racing's real problem :bang:

rwwup is not gullible, he knows horse racing from top to bottom, you have no idea what the hell you are writing about.

Get Real ;)

andymays
06-19-2010, 11:28 AM

The man goes to CHRB meetings on his own dime to speak up on behalf of Horseplayers. :ThmbUp:

Saying that he's the problem is just ignorant. :bang:

Trotman
06-19-2010, 11:57 AM
That' all fine, all I originally made reference to was IMO it was wasted breath trying to get an ignorant man like Frank to change anything he does. Dennis Mills is just a front to make it look like Magna is concerned. Bottom line is FRANK WANT'S IT ALL WE DO NOT COUNT.

andymays
06-19-2010, 12:01 PM
That' all fine, all I originally made reference to was IMO it was wasted breath trying to get an ignorant man like Frank to change anything he does. Dennis Mills is just a front to make it look like Magna is concerned. Bottom line is FRANK WANT'S IT ALL WE DO NOT COUNT.

I agree about Frank and Magna or whatever they're called today. The comments about rwwupl were misguided. That's all. ;)

Trotman
06-19-2010, 12:17 PM
And to rwwupl I sincerely appologize. IMO we the fans and bettors and the horsemen and women are nothing to Magna or Frank. And to believe that by appointing Dennis Mills to listen to us and report back to the board and they will do something is blatant BS. Up here in Frank's back yard Frank pimps his daughter Belinda out for his gain with powerful people including ex pres Clinton. He got her into politics and she switched parties before the paint was dry on her door because this Conservative government wanted nothing to do with his backdoor politics. This guy is slime through and through. And again to rwwupl I hope you accept the appology.

rwwupl
06-19-2010, 12:53 PM
And to rwwupl I sincerely appologize. IMO we the fans and bettors and the horsemen and women are nothing to Magna or Frank. And to believe that by appointing Dennis Mills to listen to us and report back to the board and they will do something is blatant BS. Up here in Frank's back yard Frank pimps his daughter Belinda out for his gain with powerful people including ex pres Clinton. He got her into politics and she switched parties before the paint was dry on her door because this Conservative government wanted nothing to do with his backdoor politics. This guy is slime through and through. And again to rwwupl I hope you accept the appology.

Trotman,

Of course I accept the apology, We are on the same page,for the most part..I have many thoughts about what is wrong, and I express most of them in a different way. That does not mean we have to agree on everything, but we have to be realistic and deal with what is... and everyone's opinion should count.

Dennis Mills has asked for opinions and potential solutions to make our game better, and he is currently in a key role, and we are in a position to give him a lot of help. Nothing may come of any of it, but if we do not contribute in a positive way we have no one to blame but ourselves. We need to take the personalities out of it and do our best to create what we believe in.We will never win every battle,but those who believe will win the war.

Our game will not only survive,but will prosper again...thats the bottom line

Best,

Roger

roger@hanaweb.org

Trotman
06-19-2010, 01:15 PM
Trotman,

Of course I accept the apology, We are on the same page,for the most part..I have many thoughts about what is wrong, and I express most of them in a different way. That does not mean we have to agree on everything, but we have to be realistic and deal with what is... and everyone's opinion should count.

Dennis Mills has asked for opinions and potential solutions to make our game better, and he is currently in a key role, and we are in a position to give him a lot of help. Nothing may come of any of it, but if we do not contribute in a positive way we have no one to blame but ourselves. We need to take the personalities out of it and do our best to create what we believe in.We will never win every battle,but those who believe will win the war.

Our game will not only survive,but will prosper again...thats the bottom line

Best,

Roger

roger@hanaweb.org
I agree, I engaged my fingers before my brain. I just couldn't believe who Frank gave the job to and that's what got me going. Let's hope all our e-mails are not in vain.

speed
06-19-2010, 01:40 PM
The longer Stronach is in the game the more horseplayers lose.

Helping them only prolongs the wonderful fuzzy feeling Stronach enjoys passing on to horsemen and horse players. There are other wagering options out there. l

Let a few major tracks close it may just help change the way other race tracks think.

kenwoodall2
06-19-2010, 01:44 PM
This is not the first track owner or rep who recently asked for ideas. But he is one who, istead of saying "all bettor are morons", or only kissing up to owners and ignoring bettors, he is specificaly asking "fans", horseplayers what they want to see. On the website some broad subjects for ideas include technology as well as promotion.
Racing bigshots and breeders, tracks and organizations mention "fans" but just wild guess about what customers want. Whether because Stronach's MEC filed bankruptcy, they really want to have better customer service and increase handle, or they are setting this up so June 22 they can tell the CHRB that no one thinks racing needs new ideas and that STR/MID/Mills is doing fine as is, IMO the ideas coming in have to be mentioned by Stronach/MID at that meeting. This is not limited to ideas for SA or GGF.
Got a beef with Pimlico or GP? Make a suggestion! Would you suggest Oak Tree run their regualar SA meet? Will thousands of others give the same idea?