PDA

View Full Version : Magic said "the league is back!"

dav4463
06-18-2010, 02:42 AM
83-79 huh? Still trying to figure out how this was so much more exciting than the low scoring, low rated, Spurs/Pistons final.

But , if Magic says this was a great series and confirms that the league is back!....then I guess it is. (I didn't know the league went anywhere....do the Spurs titles still count?)

Congrats LA.

AZWrobel
06-18-2010, 02:53 AM
83-79 huh? Still trying to figure out how this was so much more exciting than the low scoring, low rated, Spurs/Pistons final.

But , if Magic says this was a great series and confirms that the league is back!....then I guess it is. (I didn't know the league went anywhere....do the Spurs titles still count?)

Congrats LA.
This series was a grind and I sure didn't find it very exciting. Game 7, offensively made me want to vomit. Turnovers, miss layups, wide open shots, it was awful.

Dav: This series was a copy of the Spurs/Pistons a few years back. Some really boring basketball

rastajenk
06-18-2010, 09:15 AM
Golf was more interesting. :eek:

Wiley
06-18-2010, 09:35 AM
This had to be the worst played final I have ever seen, if Magic thinks this was good basketball he needs to take another look.

Some might say it was good defense and yeah doubling Kobe worked good for the Celtics only because Kobe is such a gunner shooting some of the worst decision shots imaginable and his teammates were so slow to react otherwise this move fails even on the high school level.
It looks to me none of these guys learn the fundamentals of basketball and so it turns to isolations and that's it, no working for open shots through passing and movement. Glen Davis and Pau Gasol are the two exceptions though Gasol is weak on the defensive end.
My old timer adult league plays better basketball than what these guys put up last night.
Take me back to a 76 Celtic-Phoenix game 5 please.

slew101
06-18-2010, 10:33 PM
Not sure what Magic was talking about, but I agree, the series was a dud. Hard to believe Kobe can shoot 6 for 24 and the Lakers can miss 12 free throws in the first 2 1/2 quarters and still win.

If a team couldn't beat Kobe Thursday night, when will he ever lose again?

Robert Goren
06-18-2010, 10:51 PM
This was about as boring as basketball can get. A jv grade school game would have been exciting.;)

dav4463
06-19-2010, 01:46 AM
This was about as boring as basketball can get. A jv grade school game would have been exciting.;)

I reffed a grade school summer league game the other night and the score was 131-11 ! Now, that was exciting!..........not really!