PDA

View Full Version : BO Cons NAE Scientists on Drilling Moratorium

boxcar
06-18-2010, 12:24 AM
The long and short of this "little" story is that these scientists from the National Academy of Engineers peer-reviewed BO's recommendations and signed off on them. They affixed their signatures to these documents, believing they were singing the final draft that contained very specific recommendations. But not so, according to several of these men who have blown the whistle on BO to the WSJ. These men believed they were approving of a moratorium on new drilling -- NOT existing drilling. Read all about it...

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/06/17/wsj-drilling-moratorium-a-second-disaster/

Boxcar

kenwoodall2
06-18-2010, 11:34 AM
SO does NAPS stand for the Nation Acameny of ****Political**** Scientists, or was NAPS just what they were taking when they should have been reading the thing? :lol:

boxcar
06-18-2010, 12:01 PM
SO does NAPS stand for the Nation Acameny of ****Political**** Scientists, or was NAPS just what they were taking when they should have been reading the thing? :lol:

Oh, boy....NAPS? Where did you come up with that? And there might be a "Nation" of Political Scientists, but they would most likely not be a part of an "Acameny", whatever the heck that is.

Now...to answer your question: This administration added material to the document after it was signed, including the part about the moratorium on existing drilling. I believe the sneaking, underhanded technique is called bait and switch. The Administration wrote a document and baited them to sign because they did agree with it, but then afterward the administration switched things around a bit to include items that were not in the original.

Boxcar

kenwoodall2
06-18-2010, 02:32 PM
Oh, boy....NAPS? Where did you come up with that? And there might be a "Nation" of Political Scientists, but they would most likely not be a part of an "Acameny", whatever the heck that is.

Now...to answer your question: This administration added material to the document after it was signed, including the part about the moratorium on existing drilling. I believe the sneaking, underhanded technique is called bait and switch. The Administration wrote a document and baited them to sign because they did agree with it, but then afterward the administration switched things around a bit to include items that were not in the original.

Boxcar
That was from National Academy of Sciences" as close as I could find to make the joke! Sorry!

delayjf
06-18-2010, 07:17 PM
Can anyone tell me which administration was responsible for over-riding LA approval for BP to drill in 500 ft water - which then required BP to drill in 5000 foot water.

boxcar
06-18-2010, 08:10 PM
Can anyone tell me which administration was responsible for over-riding LA approval for BP to drill in 500 ft water - which then required BP to drill in 5000 foot water.

Tough to say because I have to think a few agencies were involved -- perhaps even the Dept. of Interior. The EPA for sure involved, which I think directly answers to this Department. Then you have the Office of Mines and Minerals, which I think has direct oversight of oil, but I'm not sure to whom it answers. Tremendous bureaucracy...

As stated previously, there is no industry regulated and controlled more than the oil industry; therefore, the U.S. government is also worthy of plenty of blame in this Gulf disaster. This is why Waxman's self-righteous, holier-than-thou, high almighty indignation at BP's CEO is so laughable.

Boxcar

JustRalph
06-18-2010, 08:42 PM

I heard on the radio today that Obama' Admin gave them permission to avoid several rules as late as 5 weeks before the accident...........

They had a whole damn list of rules they waived for them.........

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/05/04/AR2010050404118.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/05/05/politics/washingtonpost/main6462513.shtml

I also heard today that Obama got more money from BP than any other Candidate in the last 3 yrs............ :bang:

fast4522
06-18-2010, 09:07 PM
It was all about money to be saved by BP who in turn lined who's pockets, not American livelihood or environments. Done correctly risks are many times less but very expensive for oil company's.

boxcar
06-18-2010, 09:41 PM
It was all about money to be saved by BP who in turn lined who's pockets, not American livelihood or environments. Done correctly risks are many times less but very expensive for oil company's.

Couldn't have said it better myself! Just follow that money trail. It appears the extent of corruption in D.C. knows no boundaries. BO hates Capitalism while simultaneously loving Capitalists' money!

Boxcar

boxcar
06-18-2010, 10:13 PM
Ahh...this is interesting. Schnitt on his show today quoted from some recent Harvard study that predicted the price of gasoline would soar to $7.+ per gal. if Cap and Trade passes. Talk about another economy killer -- not to mention resulting inflation. Just on the hospitality industry alone, this would be devastating.

Boxcar

Tom
06-19-2010, 01:28 AM
Boxcar, my drive home time with Byk now gone, I have replaced him with a big pile of Schnitt. :eek: Great show!

boxcar
06-19-2010, 01:42 AM
Boxcar, my drive home time with Byk now gone, I have replaced him with a big pile of Schnitt. :eek: Great show!

Yeah, he's pretty good. I don't get to listen too often, which is probably good because I don't think I could take continual doses of him.

Boxcar