PDA

View Full Version : The end of AP?

fmhealth
06-17-2010, 11:09 PM
What a shame. Complete mismanagement of a world class track. So many failures on so many levels.

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=20106170362

Grits
06-17-2010, 11:28 PM
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71578&page=1&pp=15

This was another thread that was begun earlier in the week, or late last week when Arlington announced the drop in graded stakes purses.

One post that was particularly saddening was that of one whose home track is Arlington.

The reality is here. Tracks are going to have to cut back on their number of racing days, while others may have to close.

thaskalos
06-18-2010, 12:24 AM
Arlington Park is my home track...and I won't miss it in the least!

ddog
06-27-2010, 06:10 PM
Evans and his ilk are a cancer on racing. if they can't run it, then I will and at a profit.

You clowns that dump on AP don't have a bit of sense.

JustRalph
06-27-2010, 06:20 PM
Evans and his ilk are a cancer on racing. if they can't run it, then I will and at a profit.

You clowns that dump on AP don't have a bit of sense.

Yeah right. The fact that two thirds of tracks could close and it would be the best thing that ever happen to the sport, eludes you? Ok, maybe half the tracks. Either way, there are not enough horses, too many other outlets for peoples recreational funds (what little are left) and that startling coincidence that the tracks that are really in trouble are running on ground up fan belts and condoms.

Handicapping Arlington is Voodoo of the highest order. Maybe that's just a weakness on my part. I have a database that tells me the track plays all over the place and the high winning percentage by some trainers does nothing but add more flames to the fire. Between the crooks, the surface and the ignorance of the executives.......how in the hell it has lasted this long is a mystery. Chicanery abounds.............

exiles
06-27-2010, 06:30 PM
Arlington Park is my home track...and I won't miss it in the least!

I hope all tracks w/ recycled rubber surfaces close, the will never get any of my action.

ddog
06-27-2010, 06:30 PM
Evans and his ilk are a cancer on racing. I may use this as a tag line.

I have been well aware that many tracks may need to close.
In fact if you check the old postings I suspect I was one of the first to be saying this and got the usual head up the ass replies from the "racin boys".

As to playing AP, the turf racing is fine and the poly and I get along well.

I don't like to play CD dirt , does that make it the devils playground?

Nope don't think so.

Evans and his ilk are a cancer on racing.Evans and his ilk are a cancer on racing.Evans and his ilk are a cancer on racing.Evans and his ilk are a cancer on racing.Evans and his ilk are a cancer on racing.Evans and his ilk are a cancer on racing.Evans and his ilk are a cancer on racing.Evans and his ilk are a cancer on racing.Evans and his ilk are a cancer on racing.Evans and his ilk are a cancer on racing.

Tom
06-27-2010, 07:16 PM
I thought AP was crappy when dirt. At least now it seems to be playable.
Woodbine is no problem playing, Pid is a great track to play.
California and KEE are the worst - but they were terrible when they were dirt, too.

PaceAdvantage
06-28-2010, 06:46 PM
In fact if you check the old postings I suspect I was one of the first to be saying this and got the usual head up the ass replies from the "racin boys".You are priceless! :lol: