PDA

View Full Version : When will this stop ???

cj's dad
06-16-2010, 09:03 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/us_and_canada/10336500.stm

Seattle cop punches unruly female in the face after her and her friend go ballistic.

What has happened to the respect for authority ???

For an update- the officer was talking to the Pair about J-Walking-

The situation would have been a non-issue had the "ladies" simply acknowledged that they would pay "attention" in the future. But NO, theses morons had to go ghetto - I wish the PO had hit her harder !!!

Screw Political Correctness !!!!

TJDave
06-16-2010, 09:23 PM
Not saying she didn't deserve or provoke it but:

The cop was just plain wrong.

Supposedly, we train our police not to behave this way. Besides, he must be a rookie judging by how long he struggled to subdue the other perp while making excuses for his behavior.

Her lawyer must be licking his chops. This is gonna cost the city big time.

horses4courses
06-16-2010, 09:40 PM

Supposedly, we train our police not to behave this way. Besides, he must be a rookie judging by how long he struggled to subdue the other perp while making excuses for his behavior.

Agreed.
They showed this on the local tv news this evening.
The cop's reaction is indefensible, even though the teenage girl shoved him.
They said the cop has been re-assigned, or something.
He was booking them for jaywalking, for crissakes...... what a moron.

Maverick58034
06-16-2010, 11:56 PM
If the whole thing was just over jaywalking, then why was the first lady freaking out so bad? I wonder how long the first lady was resisting arrest - given the crowd, I'm guessing it had been going on for a while.

Then the second lady intervenes, gets between the officer and the first lady, and pushes the officer.

There's a large crowd forming, while both women (and bystanders) are shouting profanities at the officer.

How easy would it have been for one of the ladies, or someone from the crowd, to grab the officers gun? Where would we be then?

When did it become acceptable to shove an officer while the officer is trying to make a lawful arrest?

How easy is it to say what the officer should and should not have done. If it were me in that position, in at least a 2-on-1 with a large crowd surrounding me, I wouldn't hesitate to use force to quell the situation.

There has to be more to this - who puts up that kind of a fight over jaywalking??

eastie
06-17-2010, 12:54 AM
pretty pathetic punch by the cop. couldn't even knock the chick down or out with a sucker punch. TLG hits harder.

johnhannibalsmith
06-17-2010, 01:04 AM
... TLG hits harder.

Okay sorry Andy, but that made me chuckle.

TJDave
06-17-2010, 01:20 AM
Showed this to a neighbor who's a retired cop. He rolled his eyes, groaned and said, "oh god"... lots. :lol:

The clip will probably wind up as part of a training video on how not to subdue a suspect.

JustRalph
06-17-2010, 01:34 AM

you are off base here Dave. When you are surrounded by a crowd like that, the last thing you worry about is an overgrown 17 yr old who is resisting. It's the crowd that you have to worry about. He didn't handle it right, but you saying he was a rookie because it took him too long to confine the first offender is off base. I am sure he could have. He could have tazed, baton, or kicked her knee's out from under her. But then he would have been in a real fight with the crowd. He was stalling, acting a fool, hoping his backup would get there. And that's all....... he didn't do it right...... but your shot about not taking her down right off would have only led to more and probably worse violence. When she started pushing him, the magic words are "You are under arrest" I don't know if he said them or not. But once he does, at least in the States I worked in .......all bets are off he can punch her, taze or whatever he needs to do to place her under arrest. Deadly force would not be authorized........but just about anything below that would be. No matter her age, etc. She didn't comply.........

Now to answer to follow on question that I know is coming......... he should have backed off.......called for help....... dis-engaged and then after appropriate supervision or backup arrived, Re-engaged and made the arrest etc...........but then it is not on him and he doesn't have to slap her in front of that crowd and he doesn't end up on the news.

I have been there and you have to respond appropriately. If it had been me..... she could have walked off and I would have let her. As long as all I had was jaywalking. I have had people refuse to sign tickets (get warrant later and wake them up in front of their neighbors later) etc.....and I let them drive off. And people wonder why nobody wants to be a cop.........

btw,.......anybody notice how big she was........... :lol:

TJDave
06-17-2010, 01:58 AM
A simple wrist lock would have had her on the ground in 3 seconds. My cousin is a K-9 officer and uses it often. It's part of his training. Said he's never punched anyone. His department highly discourages it.

JustRalph
06-17-2010, 02:01 AM
A simple wrist lock would have had her on the ground in 3 seconds. My cousin is a K-9 officer and uses it often. It's part of his training. Said he's never punched anyone. His department highly discourages it.

wrist locks work great, when you are bigger than the perp.......he wasn't :lol:

Plus, the minute he puts her on the ground......things escalate.....around him.

Just my opine...........

TJDave
06-17-2010, 02:26 AM
wrist locks work great, when you are bigger than the perp.......he wasn't :lol:

Back when, I did some 'shore patrol' duty. I know what submission holds can do. ;)

Tom
06-17-2010, 08:27 AM
Two people attacking him, a crown forming, both bitches obviously had no repsect for the law, how did he know they would not grab his gun?

I hope he broke her jaw - that would shut up her big fat mouth.

GOOD FOR THE COP!:ThmbUp:

Robert Goren
06-17-2010, 09:21 AM
It was jaywalking, not armed robbery. The cop needs to back off. Almost all would.

Tom
06-17-2010, 10:36 AM
No, the two bitches need to back off. It STARTED as jay walking, It turned into assault. Back off my ass - you push a cop, you deserve to get punched.
See how her attitude was properly adjusted after that?

horses4courses
06-17-2010, 11:08 AM
No, the two bitches need to back off. It STARTED as jay walking, It turned into assault. Back off my ass - you push a cop, you deserve to get punched.
See how her attitude was properly adjusted after that?

Why not just gun 'em all down, eh Tom?
You would justify that too, I'm sure.

JustRalph
06-17-2010, 05:27 PM
See, this thread is illustrative of the exact problem the officer faces.

She has escalated the offense by resisting, and under the law he is right to escalate his use of force. But the law is sometimes not practical in theory. It's a tough job......and I think he was hoping to verbally diffuse it........and they refused to cooperate. The DA should charge her, but they never will.

Using the exact same video that is being used against the officer she is obviously guilty of resisting, interference or whatever. A smart/ballsy DA would charge her, get him re-trained and then a decent judge would hammer her ass into the floor of the jail. That would serve to set notice for the public in the future. But, alas....never happen.

Tom
06-18-2010, 07:31 AM
Why not just gun 'em all down, eh Tom?
You would justify that too, I'm sure.

Weak reply. Try again.

horses4courses
06-18-2010, 08:34 AM
Weak reply. Try again.

More like weak officer.....insufficiently trained...short tempered....moron.

Tom
06-18-2010, 09:13 AM
You mean lib trained to roll over and allow crown mentality to rule?
Sorry, your way is the moron way.

PhantomOnTour
06-18-2010, 09:19 AM
Where's the tazer when we need it?

Seriously though, I would like someone to show me the police training materials/video that promote a punch in the face to subdue a smaller female civilian. He has handcuffs, a baton, maybe a tazer, and training to deal with this type of situation...but he chose to punch her. It is clear he snaps for a sec and hits her. They both get reprimanded imo.

46zilzal
06-18-2010, 09:52 AM
If you can't carry a gun in a war, find someone locally who you can beat up on so you can thump your chest as a WARRIOR.......What an ass.

In clinic, in grad school and on the job when I was a furniture mover I ran into these types who needed violence in some crazy manner. Several of course had been trained that way in the service and never got out of that involuntary "fight" mode. AUTOMATONS they were, but hardly surprising given their previous training.

eastie
06-18-2010, 09:55 AM
Where's the tazer when we need it?

Seriously though, I would like someone to show me the police training materials/video that promote a punch in the face to subdue a smaller female civilian. He has handcuffs, a baton, maybe a tazer, and training to deal with this type of situation...but he chose to punch her. It is clear he snaps for a sec and hits her. They both get reprimanded imo.

this is the real world....you resist, you got problems. Any town, any state. I've seen cops tune people up for much less.

PhantomOnTour
06-18-2010, 10:01 AM
this is the real world....you resist, you got problems. Any town, any state. I've seen cops tune people up for much less.
I wonder if that cop will use your post as his defense..."Judge, this is the REAL world...you resist me-you get punched. I rest my case."
Just because you've seen cops tune people up for less only means that you have personally witnessed some first class police abuse.

horses4courses
06-18-2010, 10:11 AM
Sorry, your way is the moron way.

No need to lie.....you're not sorry.

Tom
06-18-2010, 11:32 AM

That is something it is good to understand. If more people did, they would be less likey to act like idiots. That chick seemed as is she got a degree from Street School. I bet she thinks next time she is tempted to go nuts on a cop.

Always know who is likely to hit you and act accordingly. Duh.:D

Tom
06-18-2010, 11:34 AM
If you can't carry a gun in a war, find someone locally who you can beat up on so you can thump your chest as a WARRIOR.......What an ass.

In clinic, in grad school and on the job when I was a furniture mover I ran into these types who needed violence in some crazy manner. Several of course had been trained that way in the service and never got out of that involuntary "fight" mode. AUTOMATONS they were, but hardly surprising given their previous training.

Maybe your type in grad school deserved it. You would prefer to live under the rule of foreign automatons? You chaps from Grad school are not the ones who protect your country. You have learned nothing from history.

Tom
06-18-2010, 11:41 AM
No need to lie.....you're not sorry.

Really, I am. I am saddened by the liberal mentality that is dragging our society down the tubes. When I see people who actually believe that crap, it is very saddening. Two women gang up on a cop and the prevailing street response is HE is wrong. No respect for law - that is how riots start. What is one of them grabbed his gun? Your solutions is back off and let the first one go after shoving a cop. Good message to sen to the street crawlers. Shove a cop, get a pass. Sorry, I support dealing with criminal with whatever force is needed.

46zilzal
06-18-2010, 11:45 AM
Two women gang up on a cop and the prevailing street response is HE is wrong.
that is ridiculous, teenage girls did not provoke a fist fight

46zilzal
06-18-2010, 12:03 PM
I work every week with two retired RCMP officers who handle security at the track and BOTH of them, independently and without coercion, say they are appalled at the lack of civility they see in police today, both here and in the US. B: "What are they training these idiots to do? Hit first and never talk to the problem individual? What idiots!" D.D: "These morons have really missed the point in their job. It is to keep the peace and strong arm methods are the LAST thing you use."

I have seen both of them in action here diffusing potential explosive situations with calm rational behavior that hurts and exposes no one to harm. At the other extreme I have seen them knock down and carry out belligerent individuals after more conservative approaches failed.

boxcar
06-18-2010, 12:19 PM

Why not? What makes you think that "teenage girls" are angels?

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
06-19-2010, 02:30 AM

In clinic, in grad school and on the job when I was a furniture mover I ran into these types who needed violence in some crazy manner. Several of course had been trained that way in the service and never got out of that involuntary "fight" mode. AUTOMATONS they were, but hardly surprising given their previous training.You are without a doubt the most prejudiced person I know posting on off-topic.

Your views and opinions are shameful in their depth of ignorance.

46zilzal
06-19-2010, 02:49 AM
You are without a doubt the most prejudiced person I know posting on off-topic.

Your views and opinions are shameful in their depth of ignorance.
First hand evidence over the years has nothing to do with ignorance and everything to do with simple observation.

Thuggery abounds like a narcotic..

newtothegame
06-19-2010, 02:52 AM
First hand evidence over the years has nothing to do with ignorance and everything to do with simple observation.

nice to see you've been seeing the white house for what it is too finally :)

46zilzal
06-19-2010, 02:54 AM

nice to see you've been seeing the white house for what it is too finally :)
That statement is based upon the lunatics on the street and has nothing to do with central government anywhere.

newtothegame
06-19-2010, 02:57 AM
[QUOTE=newtothegame]
That statement is based upon the lunatics on the street and has nothing to do with central government anywhere.

Thanks for the clarification....(somehow I am thinking zilly has NO sense of humor) lol :bang:

JustRalph
06-19-2010, 04:11 AM
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/96685729.html

Girl in video apologizes to officer who punched her

see the link/they went the obama route

cj's dad
06-19-2010, 09:30 PM

Yeah, right !!:lol::lol:

http://girlfightsdump.com/girl-fights/23411/black-girls-going-fisticuffs.html