PDA

View Full Version : Bethe Murdock @ "the Meadows" ???

LottaKash
06-16-2010, 07:04 PM
Tonite, I noticed in the 4th at the Meadows, that Bethe Murdock the owner of the #3 I Know Your Lookin, shows a trainer change from "herself" to Andy Rickert....She remains the owner tho...

I am always watching her horses like a hawk, but, I was wondering what was up with the trainer switch ?....That girl could probably out train just about anyone around, imo, so that is why I wondered...

Perhaps she is on vacation or is she sick or maybe injured....?

Anyone know ?

best,

LottaKash
06-16-2010, 09:01 PM
Odd thing....

When I posted the above I hadn't gotten this far in the card, but in the 8th race on this same card, #1 Odds on B P, is also owned by Bethe Murdock, yet, with this one, she is listed as the "trainer of record"....In that other race she got off training the horse that "she also owned"....:confused:

Funny observation, hunh ?

best,

RaceTrackDaddy
06-16-2010, 09:42 PM
I can only say I knew Bethe from the days when she came to the track with her father (Bucky) and sat in the old box seats in the Meadows Grandstand.

Bethe is a quiet reserved young woman who has been raised around the backside her whole life. Can not recall the stable, but she used to work for one of the top stables at the time with her warming up the horses prior to their racing. I could be mistaken but Belcher (husband Robert or wife Jenny) was racing at the Meadows.

I asked a few people I know up there and no one really knows. I can only guess that maybe the two are dating....this is just conjecture but seems to me that may be it...hopefully someone on the board can enlighten us.

LottaKash
06-16-2010, 09:54 PM
I can only say I knew Bethe from the days when she came to the track with her father (Bucky) and sat in the old box seats in the Meadows Grandstand.

Bethe is a quiet reserved young woman who has been raised around the backside her whole life. Can not recall the stable, but she used to work for one of the top stables at the time with her warming up the horses prior to their racing. I could be mistaken but Belcher (husband Robert or wife Jenny) was racing at the Meadows.

I asked a few people I know up there and no one really knows. I can only guess that maybe the two are dating....this is just conjecture but seems to me that may be it...hopefully someone on the board can enlighten us.

Hey Bobby Z....Didja ever kiss her ? :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

best,

RaceTrackDaddy
06-16-2010, 10:26 PM
The differences in our ages is around 20 years or more...she was in her late teens then and I was in my late 40's...she was but a child back then..

The answer is no I did not. If I was younger or she was older, I might of entertained that notion.

baconswitchfarm
06-17-2010, 12:07 AM
They are Belchers horses. He has been barred for a few years now. They say at northfield, if they scratched all the horses he owns off the books right now, they would have to drop a day of racing.

LottaKash
06-17-2010, 04:30 AM
They are Belchers horses. He has been barred for a few years now. They say at northfield, if they scratched all the horses he owns off the books right now, they would have to drop a day of racing.

Bacon, perhaps I am thick as a brick, but , I still don't think I understand....

Last week Bethe Murdock (who is "still" the owner of record on the program) "was" the "trainer" in last week's race (6/2), and yet in the following week (last nite,6/16), Andy Rickert became the trainer of record....Belcher or no, I don't get that part....

As I said previously she is still the owner and trainer on Odds on BP (who incidently won that race $11.20)....and she remains the trainer on that one...So obviously she is still on the grounds, so to speak, so, being the quality trainer that she is , why would she turn the horse over to another trainer when she is still the owner...Belcher's orders ?...That would make sense, I guess...

The question that I have is "why" did Andy Rickert take over the training chores on the "I know your Lookin" horse ?....And, not on the other(s) ?

Just curious, is all...

best,

best,

markgoldie
06-17-2010, 11:01 AM
Sources tell me that she uses Andy Rickert to train horses that she has difficulty handling. They may be pullers or otherwise bad actors around the track or barn. Also, there is indeed a deep connection to "The Prince of Darkness," Bob Belcher and her relatively-recent emergence as a high-percentage trainer may be more due to that than her horsemanship superiority to established veterans such as the Snyders, Zendt, Bendis, Goldberg, Stillings, Altmeyer, etc.

LottaKash
06-17-2010, 02:13 PM
Sources tell me that she uses Andy Rickert to train horses that she has difficulty handling. They may be pullers or otherwise bad actors around the track or barn. Also, there is indeed a deep connection to "The Prince of Darkness," Bob Belcher and her relatively-recent emergence as a high-percentage trainer may be more due to that than her horsemanship superiority to established veterans such as the Snyders, Zendt, Bendis, Goldberg, Stillings, Altmeyer, etc.

Very interesting MG, about the connections and all,very....Sometimes I feel like a victim...haha

Shows you what I know....Still, in the end, I am only interested in the numbers and pattterns, so 24% winners is the key for for me, whether it be "her's" or "another's", it is still 24%...

Nice to know the truth tho.....I always raise an eyebrow when it comes to the "too good to be true" aspect of this game...This, it seems, may also be one of those things...haha...

best,