PDA

View Full Version : Shippers Win at Overlay Odds

xfile
06-16-2010, 06:01 PM
There's 3 tracks this year in which shippers do well
(above average impact value) at overlay odds no matter where they ship to.
GULFSTREAM PARK
TAMPA BAY DOWNS
INDIANA DOWNS (very underrated)

4th race at Hollywood today a perfect example:
5 Sambista $27.80

xfile
06-16-2010, 06:05 PM
And a somewhat related topic = Shippers from All-weather tracks to dirt. Presque Isle Downs shippers to dirt tracks = above average amount of overlay winners.

lamboguy
06-16-2010, 06:14 PM
i am not trying to knock your fine work here, but shippers generally do better because often times horses come from places like churchill downs to indiana or mountaineer. horses from presque isles often go to mountaineer its sister track where it is alot weaker than where the horse came from.

when one comes from a strong track over to a weaker track they are supposed to win everyday races.

but still good stats

xfile
06-16-2010, 06:21 PM
i am not trying to knock your fine work here, but shippers generally do better because often times horses come from places like churchill downs to indiana or mountaineer. horses from presque isles often go to mountaineer its sister track where it is alot weaker than where the horse came from.

when one comes from a strong track over to a weaker track they are supposed to win everyday races.

but still good stats

I don't think you understand the angle here. The point is OVERLAY winners. Not just winners. Class I disagree. Gulfstream to Hollywood no difference really. I've seen Indiana Downs and Tampa shippers go to tracks like Churchill this year and win to pay big.

xfile
06-16-2010, 06:23 PM
And on that All-weather track to dirt track shippers today Golden Gate to Stockton
Race 4 today = #4 Easter High $31.80

xfile
06-16-2010, 07:07 PM
Tampa Bay Shipper to Colonial Downs a $14.20 winner (June 1) and back in 15 days (today) a winner again in Race 7 - #1 ANOTHER SMOKEY $12.20
My opinion these 2 tracks are equal in class on turf.

lamboguy
06-16-2010, 07:32 PM
Tampa Bay Shipper to Colonial Downs a $14.20 winner (June 1) and back in 15 days (today) a winner again in Race 7 - #1 ANOTHER SMOKEY $12.20
My opinion these 2 tracks are equal in class on turf.
sorry i understand now, i think tampa meet better than colonial. your work is good, its a long losing day for me so far, so i am not thinking right!

Onion Monster
06-16-2010, 08:04 PM
The Florida angle makes sense, but I'm surprised by Indiana Downs.

xfile
06-16-2010, 08:16 PM
The Florida angle makes sense, but I'm surprised by Indiana Downs. I know what you mean. It surprised me too when I discovered it. Something about that track's surface really conditions a horse. Same at Tampa. I've been following it all year.