PDA

View Full Version : Graded Stakes only?

JustRalph
08-04-2003, 01:08 AM
I am wondering if there is any place where I can locate a schedule of nothing but Graded Stakes races for the rest of the year? In looking at my play for the first half of the year (just like I promised I would as a New Years resolution) I find that I score very well in Graded Stakes races. I score very well in tiny non graded stuff too. The local stuff at Sam Houston etc. But I do "very well" in the Graded stuff. I think this is a function of my Handicapping method and the computer program that I use. Put the two together I do pretty well on the top end of races. I also have some damn nice hits on low end claimers. The dollars on longshots make up for the misses in the low level races though. The win percentage is much lower, but the long odds are making up for it. It is the middle of the road stuff that seems to hurt my over all profit. I am thinking about playing only the low end and high end and leaving out the middle ground.

Anybody else find this to be a successful method? :cool:

SAL
08-04-2003, 01:48 AM
I think this is where keeping track of your wagers is beneficial. A good wager tracking program or spreadsheet will tell you what racetypes you excel in and which ones you suck at.

VetScratch
08-04-2003, 01:56 AM
BloodHorse Magazine publishes a North American stakes schedule, which gets updated several times a year.

JustRalph
08-04-2003, 02:39 AM
Found it on the Blood Horse site

http://calendar.bloodhorse.com/stakes_calendar.asp

Thanks