PDA

View Full Version : I Want Revenge Making Remarkable Recovery!

andymays
06-16-2010, 02:55 PM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/57517/i-want-revenge-making-remarkable-recovery

Excerpt:

“He’s ahead of schedule. I just don’t get it; it’s amazing. Since he’s come to me, he’s asking for more every day,” said Dutrow. “Every step of the way, he’s ahead of schedule. He’s waiting on us.

“You just don’t normally see horses return like he has off injuries like that. You hope for the best, but you’re really not supposed to make it back from the ‘XYZ’ type injuries. I haven’t had too many that have. We were kind of just going through the motions with him at first, but he kept showing us more every day. Dr. Bramlage (at Rood & Riddle) and the farm did an excellent job getting him ready.”

I Want Revenge has recorded seven works for Dutrow, but June 17 he will have his most important one yet. Regular rider Joe Talamo, who guided the dark bay/brown colt to victories in the Gotham (gr. III) and Wood Memorial (gr. ), is flying in from California for the breeze.

“We’re going to breeze him from the gate, seven-eighths,” Dutrow said. “It’s going to be a very good test. Joe had an off-day so I suggested he fly in for it and they loved the idea.”

If all goes well, Dutrow plans of entering I Want Revenge in the $300,000 Suburban Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont July 3. On the surface, the nine-furlong race may seem like an ambitious return, but not to Dutrow.

“I could tell two or three weeks ago he was ready,” said Dutrow. “I don’t see what the problem is (with the Suburban). It’s an easy one-turn race where he can break right from the gate and I’d much rather do that with him. It’s so natural. If he makes it there, I expect him to run huge. I just don’t see the point of an allowance race. How many more races does he have in him? You never know. He’s a really good horse and he’s ready, so let’s go for it.”

andymays
06-16-2010, 03:04 PM
I like the fact that they're bringing in Talamo.

I hope that together IWR and Talamo get their MOJO back!

Not only that we need another great one in the mix to argue about. ;)

joanied
06-16-2010, 03:10 PM
me too...about the 'mojo' :ThmbUp: I cannot wait for IWR's return...Dutrow is right, why bother with an allowance...this is one horse that can get right back into stakes company and by pass a tuneup allowance race.
One thing I love about Dutrow...he pulls no punches...ya don't hear him hemming and hawing everyone to death...he just says it like it is.
getting Joe T back on board is fantastic...and no doubt, the kid is happy as can be about it.
as bisket says...wooooowooooo:jump:

Spalding No!
06-16-2010, 03:12 PM
From a pessimistic point of view, putting a horse with a major soft-tissue injury "ahead of schedule" and right into top class races, even if "he's asking for it" is a bit risky.

Of course, Rick Dutrow seems to have capabilities beyond the status quo.

I would also say that perhaps they're really just hoping for 1 or 2 starts (think Shakespeare for Kiaran McLaughlin a few years ago), but this is IEAH here, so they probably think the horse could clean up the oil spill in the Gulf.

andymays
06-16-2010, 03:14 PM
From a pessimistic point of view, putting a horse with a major soft-tissue injury "ahead of schedule" and right into top class races, even if "he's asking for it" is a bit risky.

Of course, Rick Dutrow seems to have capabilities beyond the status quo.

I would also say that perhaps they're really just hoping for 1 or 2 starts (think Shakespeare for Kiaran McLaughlin a few years ago), but this is IEAH here, so they probably think the horse could clean up the oil spill in the Gulf.

I have him in my Stable Alert and I think the last work was something like 1:12 and change breezing.

Spalding No!
06-16-2010, 03:20 PM
I have him in my Stable Alert and I think the last work was something like 1:12 and change breezing.

I hope it works out (no pun intended), but when you think back to horses like Cavonnier (who admittedly had mild success), General Challenge, Shakespeare, etc. it's still a huge longshot no matter how well he appears to be doing.

That's why the aggressive training/spotting is somewhat disappointing IMO.

joanied
06-16-2010, 03:38 PM
As far as the injury...if Bramlage is OK with racing the colt, that's good enough for me.
Another thing is the fact we are dealing with IEAH...and we all know what they want from IWR...to win a few more races, add to his resume for his days at stud...I seriously doubt they'll put the horse at risk...at least no more than any other good one coming back from an injury...seems they have been patient and followed 'doctors orders', via Bramlage, and despite what some say about Dutrow...the man takes care of his horses.

Maybe the horses mentioned by Spalding No just were not as good as IWR is...I don't think we should compare the comebacks of other horses to this one...we'll just have to wait until the Suburban and see what unfolds.
Ya never know!!

andymays
06-16-2010, 03:45 PM
I hope it works out (no pun intended), but when you think back to horses like Cavonnier (who admittedly had mild success), General Challenge, Shakespeare, etc. it's still a huge longshot no matter how well he appears to be doing.

That's why the aggressive training/spotting is somewhat disappointing IMO.

It sounds to me like Dutrow expects IWR to breeze by his oponents in his comebacker whoever they may be.

Spalding No!
06-16-2010, 03:49 PM
As far as the injury...if Bramlage is OK with racing the colt, that's good enough for me.
Another thing is the fact we are dealing with IEAH...and we all know what they want from IWR...to win a few more races, add to his resume for his days at stud...I seriously doubt they'll put the horse at risk...at least no more than any other good one coming back from an injury...seems they have been patient and followed 'doctors orders', via Bramlage, and despite what some say about Dutrow...the man takes care of his horses.

Maybe the horses mentioned by Spalding No just were not as good as IWR is...I don't think we should compare the comebacks of other horses to this one...we'll just have to wait until the Suburban and see what unfolds.
Ya never know!!

Let's make one thing clear, I'm not talking about the horse breaking down specifically (although it's a possibility).

I'm commenting on the relative success of the comeback, mostly in terms of longevity. Re-injury of the original problem hangs over this colt and will continue to do so as long as he is in training. In that regard, why the rush to bring him back and to bite off more than you should chew first time out of the box?

As far as comparing the race records of I Want Revenge and those I mentioned, there is absolutely no reason. I could have mentioned a bunch of claimers if I wanted to. Who was better has little to do with making it back to the races (although top class horses are often "harder on themselves"). What they have in common is soft tissue injury which many race fans know rarely if ever heal 100%, thus not only is it difficult to return at all, but even more so to return at an elite level.

By the way, Dr. Bramlage also consulted on the ridiculous comeback regimen of Afleet Alex, so let's remember that people with higher credentials then us don't always get it right.

Spalding No!
06-16-2010, 03:52 PM
It sounds to me like Dutrow expects IWR to breeze by his oponents in his comebacker whoever they may be.

He always exudes confidence even when there's question marks. If I Want Revenge goes in the Suburban, hopefully it doesn't turn out like the 2008 Belmont Stakes.

Hanover1
06-16-2010, 04:35 PM
Sounds like he is bidding a strong hand, but is suspect in trump. Nothing like ballyhoo to stir interest in one of the plethoria of potential studs out there. I am waiting for the cards to be played before I side with the large bid.

joanied
06-16-2010, 04:43 PM
Let's make one thing clear, I'm not talking about the horse breaking down specifically (although it's a possibility).

I'm commenting on the relative success of the comeback, mostly in terms of longevity. Re-injury of the original problem hangs over this colt and will continue to do so as long as he is in training. In that regard, why the rush to bring him back and to bite off more than you should chew first time out of the box?

As far as comparing the race records of I Want Revenge and those I mentioned, there is absolutely no reason. I could have mentioned a bunch of claimers if I wanted to. Who was better has little to do with making it back to the races (although top class horses are often "harder on themselves"). What they have in common is soft tissue injury which many race fans know rarely if ever heal 100%, thus not only is it difficult to return at all, but even more so to return at an elite level.

By the way, Dr. Bramlage also consulted on the ridiculous comeback regimen of Afleet Alex, so let's remember that people with higher credentials then us don't always get it right.

Well, I do agree with you about this specific injury...it's a bitch, no doubt about it...in regards to the others you mentioned (Cavonier ect)...I didn't mean that because IWR may be a better horse, that his comeback is a lock...just that his comeback in a race like the Surburban isn't that crazy.

No one is perfect...including Bramlage...but he's one of the best, so ya gotta put some faith in the man.

Guess we'll know how this works out in about 3 weeks...meantime, I hope to see a quote from Talamo on this gate work...fact is, I'd like to see the work myself.
I do hope IWR comes back in top form...our older division will be so much better with a horse like him in the mix!

DeanT
06-16-2010, 04:47 PM
I just don’t see the point of an allowance race. How many more races does he have in him? You never know. He’s a really good horse and he’s ready, so let’s go for it.”
I wonder sometimes when Dick speaks his mind - altho I guess this is what racing is, esp nowadays. 'He might only have one or two starts before he is finished, so let's make them tough ones.'

Spalding No!
06-16-2010, 04:50 PM
I do hope IWR comes back in top form...our older division will be so much better with a horse like him in the mix!

I went back and read the full quote from Dutrow (I had only read andymays' highlighted bits before posting). His rational for running in the Suburban was that he might not have "many more races" in him so why not take the shot.

So Dutrow is a bit more realistic than I was giving him credit for. At the very least if the horse comes back firing it might mean that Dutrow won't worry about any "long term goals" like the BC.

andymays
06-16-2010, 04:51 PM
I wonder sometimes when Dick speaks his mind - altho I guess this is what racing is, esp nowadays. 'He might only have one or two starts before he is finished, so let's make them tough ones.'

The guy isn't real sophisticated and talks without thinking sometimes but he can train a horse and that's all that matters.

I like his style.

How many geniuses do you think there are in racing anyway? ;)

bisket
06-16-2010, 07:44 PM
i had almost about as much confidence in this horse as i did with street sense going into the derby. i'm glad they are giving the mount back to talamo :ThmbUp: i probably won't wager on his first few races, but i'll be watching with much interest.

SmartyLane
06-16-2010, 08:04 PM
I see the "soft tissue injury" thrown around a lot. Could someone please elaborate exactly what they means? I assume ligament/tendon issues???

Spalding No!
06-16-2010, 08:38 PM
I see the "soft tissue injury" thrown around a lot. Could someone please elaborate exactly what they means? I assume ligament/tendon issues???

Just as you said, for the most part it means a bowed tendon or a strained suspensory ligament (what Battle Plan reportedly has).

In this instance, Rick Dutrow mentioned an "XYZ" problem which refers to supporting ligaments just below the ankle.

joanied
06-16-2010, 08:59 PM
I went back and read the full quote from Dutrow (I had only read andymays' highlighted bits before posting). His rational for running in the Suburban was that he might not have "many more races" in him so why not take the shot.

So Dutrow is a bit more realistic than I was giving him credit for. At the very least if the horse comes back firing it might mean that Dutrow won't worry about any "long term goals" like the BC.

It does pay to read an article first...but, no matter...we made some good points, I think. If all goes well, maybe we will see him in the Classic...but, first things first...July 3rd (I beleive).

Dutrow is, IMO, an outstanding horseman, and it's easy to see he adores his horses...he may not 'think' before he speaks, as andymays pointed out...but that is when you get the truth about something...the ones that think through what they say are the ones, IMO, that say what should be said, rather than the plain ol' truth!!''We'll all know more about 70 yards from the sire on Suburban day:jump:

andymays
06-17-2010, 05:08 PM
Yea Baby! :ThmbUp:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Want Revenge turns in strong work

http://www.drf.com/news/article/114016.html

Excerpt:

Despite stumbling coming out of the gate under jockey Ramon Dominguez, I Want Revenge worked seven furlongs in 1:27.34, breezing in company with the Grade 2 winner Golden Spikes and the unstarted 2-year-old Deciphering Dreams. With the stumble, I Want Revenge began about 1 1/2 lengths behind that pair, and despite coming four wide off the turn and into the stretch, I Want Revenge still completed his final quarter in 23.41 seconds while finishing about two lengths in front of Golden Spikes. Deciphering Dreams only worked five furlongs.

I Want Revenge galloped out a mile in 1:41.98.

"I was just looking to give him his basic breeze going seven-eighths out of the gate and Ramon's very happy with the horse," trainer Rick Dutrow said. "He's cooling out good. I don't see an issue."

Spalding No!
06-17-2010, 05:58 PM
Despite stumbling coming out of the gate under jockey Ramon Dominguez, I Want Revenge worked seven furlongs in 1:27.34, breezing in company with the Grade 2 winner Golden Spikes and the unstarted 2-year-old Deciphering Dreams. With the stumble, I Want Revenge began about 1 1/2 lengths behind that pair, and despite coming four wide off the turn and into the stretch, I Want Revenge still completed his final quarter in 23.41 seconds while finishing about two lengths in front of Golden Spikes.

I know I'm starting to sound completely cynical, but seemingly minor snafu's like stumbling out of the gate (tossed shoes depending on the scenario would be another) are often negative signs with respect to a horse's physical condition.

Despite completing the work, I'm actually less confident the comeback will be successful now.

Hopefully, I'm badmouthing the horse right into the winner's circle. As someone else said, he would be a welcome addition to the division if he's close to the same horse he was last year.

picojim
06-17-2010, 06:34 PM
so i guess talamo didnt make it

andymays
06-17-2010, 06:36 PM
so i guess talamo didnt make it
http://www.drf.com/news/article/114016.html

Excerpt:

The California-based jockey Joe Talamo, who has ridden I Want Revenge in his last six starts, was scheduled to work the colt on Thursday. But his red-eye flight from Southern California was late and Dutrow did not want to wait to work the horse, who went out at 8:45 a.m.

"He said his plane was delayed an hour and a half," Dutrow said. "He should have called me. I would have told him not to come. I feel bad about it, but I'd rather breeze him on a fresh track like that than wait for a jock."

Dutrow did say that Talamo would ride I Want Revenge in the Suburban.

joanied
06-18-2010, 09:13 AM
Bummer that Joe T didn't make it in time to work IWR...and that he flew all the way to NY for nothing...but I can't blame Dutrow for not waiting...
I don't know if I'd put too much into his stumble out of the gate...someone mentioned it might be a sign of his physical condition...but fit horses in a race will stumble at the break...could be the ground just broke under his feet, or he was a little too anxious and beat himself out of there...the work sure sounds to be great, his gallop out was strong...seems to me, all systems are go!
Can't wait for the Suburban!

Stevie Belmont
06-18-2010, 09:42 AM
He very well could return and run a big one, but in general I usually bet against horses coming back off long layoffs due to an injury at short odds. If they beat me, so be it. They usually don't.

joanied
06-18-2010, 10:45 AM
IWR may very well come up a little short in the Suburban...IMO, as long as he runs well, comes out of the race in good order, it'd be enough to know he's on the comeback...of course, I'm not looking at this as a handicapper...although if I were, I would have to include him in a wager...top class horse, Dutrow, Talamo...can't be overlooked, IMO.

Stevie Belmont
06-18-2010, 11:45 AM
No doubt they are top connections.

I don't know how that field will look yet. I expect him to be short odds. As long as he runs well I think they would be very happy. The ultimate goal if everything is good with him would be the Breeders' Cup Classic I would think.

joanied
06-18-2010, 04:47 PM
No doubt they are top connections.

I don't know how that field will look yet. I expect him to be short odds. As long as he runs well I think they would be very happy. The ultimate goal if everything is good with him would be the Breeders' Cup Classic I would think.

Right, right, and right!! (I am curious as hell to se how the fields shapes up)

andymays
06-24-2010, 06:58 AM
I WANT REVENGE worked 6f ft in 1:11.00 B (1/4) at AQU, 06/23/10.

joanied
06-24-2010, 11:35 AM
Oh,man...I can't wait for the Suburban:jump:

andymays
06-30-2010, 09:30 AM
I WANT REVENGE worked 4f ft in :48.60 B (6/26) at BEL, 06/29/10.

joanied
06-30-2010, 11:42 AM
Ohboy...I can't wait til the Suburban...QR is smokin' in the mornings...can't wait til they set the field:jump:

Nikki1997
06-30-2010, 01:02 PM
I am very pleased that we may have I Want Revenge back on track, but not without reservations that many here share .

Soft tissue injuries can be more nagging than a simple clean fracture and the fact that he is ahead of schedule implies a certain aggression in training that does remind me of Afleet Alex post surgery.

Bramladge may have been consulted in AA's case, but it was actually Dr. Patricia Horgan that was the attending vet .

Alex was always an ultra fit and well galloped individual, and I was shocked when he got injured .

But it was Horgan who designed a very aggressive training schedule and the horse was working lights out, but never had acceptable radiographs to race .

I always felt that the vets should stick to vetting and the trainers to training, and that Ritchie did just fine training AA without help ...

The horse looked like a million bucks and went the same after the surgery, but I think it was too much too soon, and worry that IWR may be on the same course .

I hope not and wish him well--he was a horse that looked like he had an impressive future .

joanied
06-30-2010, 02:43 PM
I am very pleased that we may have I Want Revenge back on track, but not without reservations that many here share .

Soft tissue injuries can be more nagging than a simple clean fracture and the fact that he is ahead of schedule implies a certain aggression in training that does remind me of Afleet Alex post surgery.

Bramladge may have been consulted in AA's case, but it was actually Dr. Patricia Horgan that was the attending vet .

Alex was always an ultra fit and well galloped individual, and I was shocked when he got injured .

But it was Horgan who designed a very aggressive training schedule and the horse was working lights out, but never had acceptable radiographs to race .

I always felt that the vets should stick to vetting and the trainers to training, and that Ritchie did just fine training AA without help ...

The horse looked like a million bucks and went the same after the surgery, but I think it was too much too soon, and worry that IWR may be on the same course .

I hope not and wish him well--he was a horse that looked like he had an impressive future .

Yep, soft tissue injuries are a bitch, no doubt...needless to say, we don't know the extent of QR's injury...let's hope he has better luck than Afleet Alex did.
We'll know soon enough :)

Spalding No!
06-30-2010, 02:51 PM
Yep, soft tissue injuries are a bitch, no doubt...needless to say, we don't know the extent of QR's injury...let's hope he has better luck than Afleet Alex did.
We'll know soon enough :)
You keep referring to I Want Revenge as "QR".

What does that stand for?

"Questionable Return"?

Spalding No!
06-30-2010, 02:53 PM
Alex was always an ultra fit and well galloped individual, and I was shocked when he got injured.
You don't think that aggressive twice-a-day galloping regimen ultimately cut short his life span on the racetrack?

joanied
06-30-2010, 03:24 PM
You keep referring to I Want Revenge as "QR".

What does that stand for?

"Questionable Return"?

:blush: geeze...thanks for the heads up...correction...IWR, IWR, IWR...think:ThmbUp: I got it now...I'm just very tired...been working my butt off on our farm (very busy at this time)...and we added another dog to our house (now have 3)...a 6 wks old Black Lab puppy...I do all the training and housebreaking...so I've been getting up twice a night to take him outside...then wake up at the crack of dawn...I haven't been getting enough sleep:faint:

"Questionable Return", though, is funny, sharp use of the initials!1

Hedevar
06-30-2010, 03:24 PM
Dutrow knows how many races I Want Revenge has in him is questionable. That's why he is coming back in the Suburban after over a year off without a prep.

joanied
06-30-2010, 03:26 PM
You can bet IEAH wants at least one more good black type race to add to IWR's resume for stallion duty.

Robert Fischer
06-30-2010, 03:52 PM
I like him much better at this bullshit shortened distance of 9F than I would have at 10F.

:bang::bang::bang:

joanied
06-30-2010, 04:38 PM
I like him much better at this bullshit shortened distance of 9F than I would have at 10F.

:bang::bang::bang:

Yep...they did it again, didn't 'they'...me too: :bang:

andymays
06-30-2010, 05:06 PM
I Want Revenge Headlines Shortened Suburban

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/57690/i-want-revenge-headlines-shortened-suburban

Excerpt:

"It’s an easy one-turn race where he can break right from the gate and I’d much rather do that with him," he said earlier this month. "I just don’t see the point of an allowance race. How many more races does he have in him? You never know. He’s a really good horse and he’s ready, so let’s go for it.”

I Want Revenge, the 119-pound high weight, is 3-1-4 from eight starts with earnings of $816,000. He was bred by his previous owner, David Lanzman, and is out of the Roy mare Meguial.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.drf.com/static/entries/03/eBEL03.html?rn=344759#9

Suburban H. (G2)

1 1/8 Miles | Open | 3 Year Olds And Up Stakes | Purse: $300,000

Post # Horse Jockey Weight Claim Price Equip. Med.
1 Eldaafer Valdivia J Jr 114 L
2 Convocation Desormeaux K J 115 L
3 Pictural Luzzi M J 110 L
4 I Want Revenge Talamo J 119 L
5 Unbridled Danger Rodriguez J 108 L
6 Regal Ransom Garcia Alan 118 L
7 Haynesfield Dominguez R A 115 L

A-Coupled: Pictural and I Want Revenge

andymays
06-30-2010, 05:27 PM
I Want Revenge gets help in Suburban

http://www.drf.com/news/article/114334.html

Excerpt:

I Want Revenge, who has not run since winning the Grade 1 Wood Memorial in April 2009, will have a little help in the race as his connections, the IEAH Stables and trainer Richard Dutrow Jr., also entered Pictural as a rabbit to make sure Regal Ransom doesn't get loose on the front end. I Want Revenge and Pictural will run as a coupled entry.

"We're looking to put him on the lead," Dutrow said of Pictural, who drew post 4, one slot outside I Want Revenge.

Nikki1997
06-30-2010, 07:16 PM
You don't think that aggressive twice-a-day galloping regimen ultimately cut short his life span on the racetrack?

No I do not .

I think there was an undetectable tiny problem after the Preakness stumble that worked its way into something detectable after the Belmont .

I also think that the training after surgery as I prior stated was a little too aggressive a little too soon .

It followed the theory of bone loading but may have gone too far .

Spalding No!
06-30-2010, 07:28 PM
It followed the theory of bone loading but may have gone too far .
Same could be said for galloping twice-a-day multiple times per week over distances as much as 4 times the norm.

joanied
06-30-2010, 09:52 PM
I Want Revenge Headlines Shortened Suburban

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/57690/i-want-revenge-headlines-shortened-suburban

Excerpt:

"It’s an easy one-turn race where he can break right from the gate and I’d much rather do that with him," he said earlier this month. "I just don’t see the point of an allowance race. How many more races does he have in him? You never know. He’s a really good horse and he’s ready, so let’s go for it.”

I Want Revenge, the 119-pound high weight, is 3-1-4 from eight starts with earnings of $816,000. He was bred by his previous owner, David Lanzman, and is out of the Roy mare Meguial.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.drf.com/static/entries/03/eBEL03.html?rn=344759#9

Suburban H. (G2)

1 1/8 Miles | Open | 3 Year Olds And Up Stakes | Purse: $300,000

Post # Horse Jockey Weight Claim Price Equip. Med.
1 Eldaafer Valdivia J Jr 114 L
2 Convocation Desormeaux K J 115 L
3 Pictural Luzzi M J 110 L
4 I Want Revenge Talamo J 119 L
5 Unbridled Danger Rodriguez J 108 L
6 Regal Ransom Garcia Alan 118 L
7 Haynesfield Dominguez R A 115 L

A-Coupled: Pictural and I Want Revenge

Thanks for posting this, andy :)

One thing that bothers me is shortening up a race like the Suburban...back in the day, it was THE race to win after the classics were done...so much history & prestige...I don't understand the reasoning for this trend...like I have said before...it's an injustice to racing...and the horses themselves...I mean, for cryin' out loud...we have got to have some classic distance races during the year, and they are getting few and far between...did they shorten this for a GOOD reason:confused: ...maybe some horses can't get that extra 1/8th...and if they can't, the only reason, IMO, would be the training. I won't state breeding as a reason, because if a horse isn't bred to go that far, you wouldn't expect him to run in a race like the Suburban...or any other distance race...but for those that do run, they have the breeding...so, what is the problem :bang:
Same with the Belmont...folks saying we need to shorten it so we can have a TC winner...ridiculous...every year ONE horse wins the thing...they can get the distance...

anyway...the field for this Suburban, IMO, is pathetic...and even with the long layoff, IWR should take this bunch pretty easy...especially with Dutrow throwing in his rabbit...they will be winging it on the front end, unless Regal Ransom can lay just off Dutrow's rabbit and have something left, I can't see IWR not winning this.

IWR
Convocation
Regal Ransom
Unbridled Danger

nijinski
06-30-2010, 10:53 PM
I have no problem saying I think he'll beat Umbridled Danger , the gelding that's
moving up in class for his seventysixth start.

Seriously though , IWR looks to be working brilliantly in the am.

letswastemoney
07-01-2010, 12:22 AM
You're choosing Unbridled Danger to finish better than Haynesfield?

nijinski
07-01-2010, 01:06 AM
Can't speak for Joanied , but UD will actually be on his 83rd start if he runs
in the Suburban.
I expect him to run last with these.

Dahoss9698
07-01-2010, 01:12 AM

I'm baffled by that as well. How is Unbridled Danger going to finish in front of Eldaafer also? Maybe they are going to give him a furlong head start.

FenceBored
07-01-2010, 08:04 AM
I'm baffled by that as well. How is Unbridled Danger going to finish in front of Eldaafer also? Maybe they are going to give him a furlong head start.

I took him to mean "Unbridled Danger is one horse who definitely isn't a threat to win this race."

andymays
07-01-2010, 08:55 AM
I Want Revenge will get his day following 'disastrous situation'

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/horses/2010-06-30-i-want-revenge-belmont_N.htm

Excerpt:

"It was heartbreaking," says Iavarone, who purchased a 50% interest in the son of Stephen Got Even before the Wood. "We were told all along the horse couldn't be doing any better. It wasn't a question of making the Kentucky Derby — it was how many lengths he'd win the Derby by."

Hedevar
07-01-2010, 09:12 AM
I Want Revenge will get his day following 'disastrous situation'

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/horses/2010-06-30-i-want-revenge-belmont_N.htm

Excerpt:

"It was heartbreaking," says Iavarone, who purchased a 50% interest in the son of Stephen Got Even before the Wood. "We were told all along the horse couldn't be doing any better. It wasn't a question of making the Kentucky Derby — it was how many lengths he'd win the Derby by."

Nothing like counting your chickens before they're hatched. Isn't that why they run the race?

joanied
07-01-2010, 09:46 AM
Unbridled Danger carries 108 lbs. I know he's not a Suburban type horse...and maybe he will finish last...but he also might surprise and run a decent race...at long odds, I'll keep him for the place anyway...I actually don't care who finishes behind IWR...just want to see a good race from him because he'll be interesting and fun to watch (if he keeps going) into the other big races leading to the BC.
Like I said before...for a race like this, the field is rather a sorry one.

Stevie Belmont
07-01-2010, 10:27 AM
I'll take a stand against I Want Revenge in his first race back. He could very well win, but it's not my kind of bet. He faces a couple of tough customers off his long layoff.

Haynesfield is getting better and better. He could be on the verge of a break out race.

Regal Ransom comes in off the layoff. Sports blazing works for this. I think both of them will be tough.

Dahoss9698
07-01-2010, 01:06 PM
I took him to mean "Unbridled Danger is one horse who definitely isn't a threat to win this race."

I wasn't referring to Nijinski's post. I was talking about the post that had Unbridled Danger picked 4th in the race. I hope people bet like that.

nijinski
07-01-2010, 08:10 PM
Unbridled Danger carries 108 lbs. I know he's not a Suburban type horse...and maybe he will finish last...but he also might surprise and run a decent race...at long odds, I'll keep him for the place anyway...I actually don't care who finishes behind IWR...just want to see a good race from him because he'll be interesting and fun to watch (if he keeps going) into the other big races leading to the BC.
Like I said before...for a race like this, the field is rather a sorry one.

Actually was not being serious Joanied. Kind of feeling sorry for the gelding , and not expecting him to do well with this field.
Also a bit shocked seeing an Unbridled Song running as often as UD .

But with you though , rooting for IWR , and in awe of how he's training.

First and foremost , may they all come home safely.

BTW FenceBored , not a big deal , I'm a female , but you did pick up the
jist of it , thanks.

cj
07-01-2010, 08:15 PM
I hope they check the rider of Dutrow's rabbit for knives, guns, and pepper spray.

Phantombridgejumpe
07-01-2010, 08:22 PM
Regal Ransom in this spot.

Love, love, love.

I Want Revenge first back and the high weight is too tough.

Haynesfield is good, but a good state bred.

Regal Ransom - Win

nijinski
07-01-2010, 08:22 PM
Can't help it , I really like Dutrow .

nijinski
07-01-2010, 08:26 PM
Convocation should hit the board , if KD pays attention.

cj
07-01-2010, 08:28 PM
Can't help it , I really like Dutrow .

He is a true ambassador for the sport.

joanied
07-01-2010, 09:08 PM
Actually was not being serious Joanied. Kind of feeling sorry for the gelding , and not expecting him to do well with this field.
Also a bit shocked seeing an Unbridled Song running as often as UD .

But with you though , rooting for IWR , and in awe of how he's training.

First and foremost , may they all come home safely.

BTW FenceBored , not a big deal , I'm a female , but you did pick up the
jist of it , thanks.

It is amazing that an Unbridled Song has raced as much as this guy...his dam must have been made of iron!!
And to be serious...if I was wagering money, I probably would never lay any down on UD...but I am not betting, so, just for the hell of it, I picked this horse to take 4th...well, I take that back...if I was wagering, I'd still place a small bet on him simply because he's been racing for so long, he deserves a little glory. Crazier things have happened in a horse race:) ...would his connections run him to embarass themselves...I hope not.

Don't bother me one bit that a couple of guys here are making fun of this...because, in fact...I am having fun with it...

Home safe & sound for all of them...and come on, IWR...we're ready for a thrill or two:jump:

andymays
07-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Nope!

Tom
07-03-2010, 05:38 PM
I Want.....OXYGEN! :rolleyes:

cj
07-03-2010, 05:43 PM
That rabbit was despicable.

andymays
07-03-2010, 05:47 PM
It was a slow pace and the winner is real sharp but I thought he'd run a little better. I wasn't sure he would win but I thought he'd be a little closer. Curious to see what the winning # is going to be.

Stillriledup
07-03-2010, 06:07 PM
How did Revenge race? I missed it. I saw he was 3rd, was he sharp? Dull?

letswastemoney
07-03-2010, 06:11 PM
That was quite the rabbit. With his blazing speed, one must wonder why Pictural isn't being pointed towards the BC Sprint.

cj
07-03-2010, 06:18 PM
That was quite the rabbit. With his blazing speed, one must wonder why Pictural isn't being pointed towards the BC Sprint.

Now we know the name of the hare the tortoise beat.

http://www.mytalentplace.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/tortoise_hare.jpg

joanied
07-03-2010, 06:36 PM
Nope!

Right :faint: I thought it wasn't a very pretty race...no excitment at all...Dutrow must have about passed out when he saw his rabbit stumble and trail the field...Haynesfield looked Ok winning, but IWR & RR was very tired horses...IWR had rubber legs the last 70 yards or so...still, he did get the place, and we knew he might really need this...Dutrow said as much anyway.
I hope he comes out of this in good order, and we'll see the real IWR next start.

At least UD didn't finish last...he did some running, though...I just really wanted to see this guy take a piece...knowing it would be next to impossible, he did deserve someones support:) the little horse must be awful tough with all the starts he's had.

The Bashford Manor was outstanding...that Kantharos looks like he might be something special...I'm happy for Robby A...if the colt stays sound...could be one to watch for next year's Derby!!

BluegrassProf
07-03-2010, 06:47 PM
The Bashford Manor was outstanding...that Kantharos looks like he might be something special...I'm happy for Robby A...if the colt stays sound...could be one to watch for next year's Derby!!Agreed - little bump @ the gate, but yikes...big finish.

Keeping eyes on him...

Dahoss9698
07-03-2010, 06:47 PM
At least UD didn't finish last...he did some running, though...I just really wanted to see this guy take a piece...knowing it would be next to impossible, he did deserve someones support:) the little horse must be awful tough with all the starts he's had.

*facepalm*

joanied
07-03-2010, 08:27 PM
Agreed - little bump @ the gate, but yikes...big finish.

Keeping eyes on him...

And Robby never moved a muscle. I haven't had time to look him up, but heard he broke his maiden by 11.
Only thing I don't like is that Asmussen has him:faint:

PS...just looked him up. Jackson got a bargain...paid $80,000 for him. He's by Lion Heart out of a Southern Halo mare (since I have a Halo mare, now I am partial to this one)...this was only his 2nd start!!!

Spalding No!
07-03-2010, 08:39 PM
And Robby never moved a muscle. I haven't had time to look him up, but heard he broke his maiden by 11.
Only thing I don't like is that Asmussen has him:faint:

PS...just looked him up. Jackson got a bargain...paid $80,000 for him. He's by Lion Heart out of a Southern Halo mare (since I have a Halo mare, now I am partial to this one)...this was only his 2nd start!!!
Actually he sold for $250,000 as one of the sales toppers in one of the March 2yo in training sales.

Stevie Belmont
07-03-2010, 08:40 PM
Haynesfield is da man--in this case horse!

BluegrassProf
07-03-2010, 08:51 PM
Only thing I don't like is that Asmussen has him:faint:Pfft...I like it just fine - the Asmussen/Blasi-ActionJackson-RobbyA tri is a good play, particularly with promising chestnuts.

WJ47
07-04-2010, 03:17 AM
He is a true ambassador for the sport.

LOL! :lol:

joanied
07-04-2010, 10:12 AM
Actually he sold for $250,000 as one of the sales toppers in one of the March 2yo in training sales.

You're right...I didn't even see that second price quote:

KEESEP09:$80K; OBSMAR10:$250K

I was in a hurry:) (still a bargain price if he keeps running like his first two starts!!)