PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Mohawk R2 DD

Ray2000
06-16-2010, 05:50 AM
What's the reasoning behind the Daily Double payoff in race 2 on the 3-7 ($2.50) when there was no #7 in the race? You can make a profit on a refund? :confused:

rycommon
06-16-2010, 09:40 AM
was there a late scratch and thus a consolation double.

lamboguy
06-16-2010, 10:50 AM
i was in a racebook in vegas about 30 years ago when there was no such thing as primutuel wagering there. i was sitting next to a guy that had just blew a close race at laurel, he threw his tickets in the air and walked out of the place, the guy was cursing. i went over and picked up his tickets, he had a $500 double with a horse that just got beat at the wire with another horse in the second race. as it turns out the horse in second race ran off in the post parade and threw the rider. they scratched the horse. i still had the guys double tickets on my table at churchill downs horse and sports book. after the race i brought the ticket over to the cashier's window and he handed me $500. those were the rules back then for non-parimutual horse wagering. there were no consolation payoffs for late scratches, just refunds no matter what your horse did in the first race.

Ray2000
06-16-2010, 11:18 AM
rycommon, you're right,
guess my brain was still sleeping this a.m. when I was checking the results.:sleeping:

Good story, lambo:)

LottaKash
06-16-2010, 12:10 PM
rycommon, you're right,
guess my brain was still sleeping this a.m. when I was checking the results.:sleeping:

Good story, lambo:)

Hey Robo Boy, your avatar certainly speaks volumes about you lately....:D

btw, nice "black ink" the other day...:ThmbUp:

best,