PDA

View Full Version : apparently, Louisiana DOES miss W!

ElKabong
06-16-2010, 12:22 AM
That's gonna leave a mark....Time to put up those billboard photos of W waving at ya saying "miss me yet?" Apparently so

http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/06/fallout-from-spill.html

Our new Louisiana poll has a lot of data points to show how unhappy voters in the state are with Barack Obama's handling of the oil spill but one perhaps sums it up better than anything else- a majority of voters there think George W. Bush did a better job with Katrina than Obama's done dealing with the spill.

highnote
06-16-2010, 12:46 AM
One big difference though... anyone with a TV and access to the Weather Channel could see that a major hurricane was headed right towards New Orleans and that the consequences were going to be disastrous.

In my opinion, it's much harder to predict how bad an oil spill 5,000 feet below sea level is when you are relying on the estimates of the company who caused the spill. Remember, early estimates were as low as 5000 gallons per day. At the same time, the potus is running a country and a war in Afghanistan. I know where my focus would be.

In Bush's defense, he probably wasn't sitting around watching the Weather Channel. He was probably (hopefully) working with his advisors on the Iraq War.

PaceAdvantage
06-16-2010, 12:48 AM
{Cue Hcap with a picture of Bush and a guitar...or something like that}

JustRalph
06-16-2010, 02:05 AM
One big difference though... anyone with a TV and access to the Weather Channel could see that a major hurricane was headed right towards New Orleans and that the consequences were going to be disastrous.

John, don't forget. The Hurricane was survived and those who refused to leave were relatively safe until the next day when the levies broke. You can't see that on Radar...........

highnote
06-16-2010, 05:11 AM
John, don't forget. The Hurricane was survived and those who refused to leave were relatively safe until the next day when the levies broke. You can't see that on Radar...........

Yeah, but everyone knew those levies would break if the hurricane was big enough. They had been warned for years those levies were dangerous.

Tom
06-16-2010, 07:46 AM

Yes, and BEFORE it hit, Bush was telling them to evacuate, so who is to blame for getting stuck there - they had the WC and GB and STILL did not leave, thanks to Ray Schoolbus Neygan and hte moron governor.

Black Ruby
06-16-2010, 07:48 AM
This is like discussing which butt cheek you'd rather have a pitchfork stuck in. We may never know how much info Bush and Obama really had, what they may have ignored or thought was superfluous, what their advisors told em. Wouldn't it be great to have videos of the briefings and discussions and see how both of these guys screwed up?

Tom
06-16-2010, 08:49 AM
Bush's meting was broadcast - I saw the videos of it. There are links here to it.

magwell
06-16-2010, 09:30 AM
What ever happened to FEMA ? :rolleyes:

Mike at A+
06-16-2010, 10:04 AM
The best picture from Katrina explaining the stupidity of the Dem "leadership" of Ray Nagin and Kathleen Blanco was the school buses fender deep in mud. Had Ray or Kath taken Bush's warnings seriously and used those buses to evacuate those unable to do it on their own, lives would have been saved.

As for Obama's mishandling of the current fiasco, the images of him golfing and being entertained by Paul McCartney speak volumes. As for "Sir Paul", he is an idiot for dissing George Bush and should stick to smoking pot and assaulting his one legged ex-hooker ex-wife.

I see that the MSNBC butt kissing duo of Keithie and Chrissie are even frowning upon The Messiah's handling of the BP spill. Even the NY Times "All the sh*t that's fit to print" is defecting.

Yes W, we REALLY miss you and your understanding of what needs to be done to actually CREATE private sector jobs. Hint to Obama: Demonizing the profit motive and threatening businesses with taxes won't create any jobs.

PhantomOnTour
06-16-2010, 10:07 AM
We really miss Edwin Edwards

boxcar
06-16-2010, 10:14 AM

In my opinion, it's much harder to predict how bad an oil spill 5,000 feet below sea level is when you are relying on the estimates of the company who caused the spill. Remember, early estimates were as low as 5000 gallons per day. At the same time, the potus is running a country and a war in Afghanistan. I know where my focus would be.

Wrong! BO had his own team of science advisers who made their predictions and they gave him a range and he accepted the lower range. In other words, he grossly underestimated the damage, which I think was by design. Why would anyone in his right mind not assume worst case scenarios? Why not hope for the best but plan for the worst? Clearly that was not done by this administration.

Boxcar

Robert Goren
06-16-2010, 10:15 AM
The thing about Liberals is that when one of them screws up we are all over him right away. When a conservative screws up, the right wait till he is about to leave office to talk about his failures, but the real piling on doesn't begin till they even office. Even then a few die hards will still make excuses for him. Of course they will claim he was never a real conservative, just a RINO.

boxcar
06-16-2010, 10:23 AM
Yes W, we REALLY miss you and your understanding of what needs to be done to actually CREATE private sector jobs. Hint to Obama: Demonizing the profit motive and threatening businesses with taxes won't create any jobs.

One thing BO knows how to do is is identify all Americans' "true enemies", i.e the Private Sector -- Capitalism. Big Oil is currently on the top of the Most Wanted list. It was Big Insurance. Than Big Banks, etc., etc., etc. There is not a business out there that isn't evil and greedy and doesn't tread on the necks of poor Americans. :rolleyes: But when it comes to our real enemies, such as the Islamofascists, that's something else. Terrorists are non-existent, except, of course, for the domestic kind headed up by the Tea Party Movement. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

boxcar
06-16-2010, 10:25 AM
The thing about Liberals is that when one of them screws up we are all over him right away. When a conservative screws up, the right wait till he is about to leave office to talk about his failures, but the real piling on doesn't begin till they even office. Even then a few die hards will still make excuses for him. Of course they will claim he was never a real conservative, just a RINO.

You need to OD on mega doses of reality (after your stomach is pumped of the Kool-Aid), if you truly believe your own nonsense. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

JustRalph
06-16-2010, 02:26 PM

Bush got raked over the coals here when he was president by many who you would call "righties"

Bush screwed up a bunch. But Katrina wasn't one of them regardless of how the press painted it.