PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Quartarolo

GaryG
06-15-2010, 04:59 PM
Can someone tell me who this guy is? He claimed Roket Zee om June 4 at Monmouth and is running him back on Friday. Apparently his first starter. Thanks.

kenwoodall2
06-15-2010, 07:07 PM
He had "Speed Merchant" in the 1992 Breeder's Crown!
WOW! I'm getting good at Googling!!

Bluto Blutarsky
06-15-2010, 08:58 PM
He has one horse in training at Monmouth Park-Rocket Zee. That's it.
He dropped a claim slip on a Sleeter horse in a 7.5K claiming race but the horse went beserk in the gate and had to be scratched.
I could go into greater detail about him but I don't want to be spanked by our beloved moderator. The truth is too tough for some to bear.

GaryG
06-15-2010, 09:02 PM
Thanks Bluto....

Ken: I found some harness info but I wasn't sure it was the same guy.

Bluto Blutarsky
06-15-2010, 09:23 PM
It is definitely the same guy.
Quartarolo has trained at Monmouth in the not so distant past.

pandy
06-15-2010, 10:28 PM
He's been around a long time, trained harness and t-breds, I first met him in the Roosevelt Raceway paddock, he was working for Vinnie Aurigemma, about 30 years ago.

PaceAdvantage
06-15-2010, 10:37 PM
The truth is too tough for some to bear.Hey, wise-ass, if you have the proof or it is already in print elsewhere, be my guest.

But don't get all cutesy with your clever comments as you bear none of the risk or responsibility involved with your potentially libelous comments...comments written while hiding behind that comfortably anonymous user name of yours.

thespaah
06-15-2010, 10:45 PM
There is one other trainer I know of who went from Standardbreds over to Thoroughbreds, the late Lou Meitinis(sp).

onefast99
06-16-2010, 08:47 AM
It is definitely the same guy.
Quartarolo has trained at Monmouth in the not so distant past.
It seems that everyone is getting in on the claiming game. Wait until the Haskell is run and everyone who claimed one that wasn't as good as it looked on paper drops them to the bottom so they won't be stuck with them. Just ask Dibona how good of a claim Magic Tiger was!

David-LV
06-16-2010, 09:04 AM
Barry Abrams who now trains in Calif and who also is part owner of the great sire Unusual Heat was a harness trainer before switching over to T-Breds

His big horse in harness was the great horse Guts who won almost 2 million.

http://www.unusualheat.com/barryabrams.html

Began career in 1972 as a stablehand for a family friend's Standardbred stable at Hollywood
Park while attending business and accounting classes at Cal State University, Los Angeles. Was
assistant to then-leading trainer Don Ratchford, 1974-75. Went out on his own training
Standardbreds in 1978 at the Meadowlands. In 1984, one of his horses, Guts, won nearly $2
million. Returned to Southern California in 1987. Worked for trainer Roger Stein ... Began training
Thorougbreds in 1993-----

_________
David-LV

jotb
06-16-2010, 09:25 AM
Can someone tell me who this guy is? He claimed Roket Zee om June 4 at Monmouth and is running him back on Friday. Apparently his first starter. Thanks.

I believe he was a harness driver as well..This guy actually trained for Michael Gill back in 2002 in Boston. He win 28 races between 1999 and 2000 from 179 starters..His last win came in 2002 at the Meadowlands with Kohuna Grande.

Brogan
06-16-2010, 09:36 AM
It seems that everyone is getting in on the claiming game.
I've heard there are several NJ harness people that are just drooling over the Monmouth purses and have dropped claim envelopes...as owners. They have a few guys who are the "trainers".

onefast99
06-16-2010, 01:18 PM
I've heard there are several NJ harness people that are just drooling over the Monmouth purses and have dropped claim envelopes...as owners. They have a few guys who are the "trainers".
That is true, if you want to see the claiming sharks in full view just head over to the paddock and get a spot on the rail before any claiming race. You'll hear every sales pitch known to man from the trainers!

Brogan
06-16-2010, 02:01 PM
That is true, if you want to see the claiming sharks in full view just head over to the paddock and get a spot on the rail before any claiming race. You'll hear every sales pitch known to man from the trainers!
Been there, done that....didn't get the t-shirt tho.

onefast99
06-16-2010, 04:31 PM
Been there, done that....didn't get the t-shirt tho.
Now there's a good idea a MP t shirt with a claim slip printed on the front.

Brogan
06-16-2010, 04:55 PM
Now there's a good idea a MP t shirt with a claim slip printed on the front.
Will it fit in the claim box? Some crazy trainer could get claim fever and tear it off your back.

onefast99
06-16-2010, 05:16 PM
Will it fit in the claim box? Some crazy trainer could get claim fever and tear it off your back.
Imagine if they sold the claim slips this year for say $5 each and put that money into something useful?

Brogan
06-16-2010, 06:29 PM
Imagine if they sold the claim slips this year for say $5 each and put that money into something useful?
You've hit on the solution for future funding of the $1 million per day purse structure!

onefast99
06-16-2010, 06:35 PM
You've hit on the solution for future funding of the $1 million per day purse structure!
Looks as if we are getting a 13 race card for Sunday fathers Day. Plenty of overnights.