PDA

View Full Version : HASKELL AND DANDY

WINMANWIN
08-03-2003, 03:17 PM
In the Haskell today tainer Ken MCPEEK reportedly said that
WILD AND WICKED is possibly one of the best horses he ever trained. Thats good enuff for me. I'll key him with the 2 faves and hopefully, separate the Cide/Rules Exacta with WILD AND WICKED in the Top and 2nd slots......

The JIM DANDY This race has some speed signed on and its tuff to go past EMPIRE HERE.....Bailey will have the stalking trip and frankel didn't mention foot problems this week....:rolleyes:
Nacheezmo will be closing Jockey Chavez IS IN trainer Bonds
good graces again and the race should set-up for him...

ljb
08-03-2003, 04:34 PM
Haskel
Funny cide, wild &wicked, sky mesa
Dandy
stronghope, tafaseel, nacheezmo

JustRalph
08-03-2003, 06:13 PM
The Pletcher horse was a gift........ @ 6-1

considering the way his barn is going and the numbers added up.

WINMANWIN
08-03-2003, 06:28 PM
Pletched steed Strong Hope ran a gutsy race and is a nice horse, But he wont WIN the travers. Empire Maker made a nice late move but fell short. So much for an uncontested lead......lol.....with other speeds in the race, Thats
what Strong Hope had, and it made the difference.

Trainer Mcpeek, saying that Wild and Wicked is a race horse.
He got beat soundly today. Funny didnt have it today, But
Peace rules did. Lets see now, chance a piece with these 2 and to my knowledge it's 2 to 2, All the hoopla is the rematch for Funny Cide and Empire Maker, What about Peace Rules and Funny Cide:rolleyes:

SAL
08-03-2003, 06:55 PM
Funny Cide came out of the gate a little flat footed, never got into it at all. I wouldn't dismiss him just yet. Empire Maker had no excuse. I wouldn't brand Peace Rules the best 3 yo yet either.

PaceAdvantage
08-04-2003, 03:14 AM
Empire Maker, to me, looked like he flattened out pretty badly in the stretch....and only a tiring Strong Hope made Empire Maker look good at the very end....

Willing to give EM the benefit of the doubt off the layoff, but NOT IMPRESSED.

As for Funny Cide...what an awful, awful trip for that track. 9f at Monmouth you HAVE TO BE ON OR NEAR THE LEAD. There was no way in hell Funny Cide was gonna win with that trip he got. He should have been breathing down Peace Rules' neck the ENTIRE WAY.

BillW
08-04-2003, 03:31 AM
Guys,

9 of 11 races at MTH 1 1/8M in the last year have been won from the first 3 posts also. Strong front runner and strong inside post tendencies.

BTW the rail had 5 of the 9

Bill

Valuist
08-04-2003, 03:12 PM
Funny Cide may need to go back to NY bred races. He looked like a total stiff.