PDA

View Full Version : Delmar - Sunday's card

keilan
08-03-2003, 12:37 PM
Check for scratches, it's early and there not out yet.

Race 1 -- Cal breds going 6.5f -- Dream Of Summer (4) horse adds blinkers and looks to run a good one. Run Rebecca Run(1) comes off the shelf and pval will have her in contention early. Looknsexy (5) the morning line fav also has a shot to complete the exactor.

Race 2-- 2yo Mdspwt with many FTS -- Winter Squall (6) has some experience and has a large pace edge over the other starters. Gilded Bertrando (1) starts down at the rail, Shirreffs would certainly prefer a outside post. Not the kind of race I would attack.

Race 3 -- clmg 16k -- Satan's Song (8) will try to wire this field but if she is pushed too fast too early look for either Don't Tell Wendy (4) or Dancing Doll (10) to get to the wire 1st.

Race 4 mdn 25k -- I'm thinking Raging Jennie (7) or Fast Goat (5) may win here but Kinda Louche (9) and Silver Review (11) are also contenders and will be offered at nice odds.

Race 5 -- 2yo mdspwt with seven FTS -- I have no opinion here.

Race 6 -- In order of preference Leprechaun (7) gets new connections today, the distance will suit. Hoax (10) needed last start, positive jock change, working well in the AM. Diggit (4) ultra consistent and fires just about every time. Platinum (1) and Woody Haze (9) could complete the tri and the super.

Race 7 -- The two morning line favs look vulnerable to me Seattle Shamus (4) and Spicy Stuff (5) both horses are over the top %E. If the track is not overly quick and the pace is brisk these two shouldn't be around at the wire. I like Boss Ego (2) whom could run a good one today and Sapore Di Mare (7) who used the last start to stretch his legs. For those that enjoy wagering against the publics favs then this race is for you.

Race 8 -- Again in order of preference Legendary Weave (6) enjoying his new surroundings, Western Pride (7) always runs a good one, Danthebluegrassman (9) it's time to see if this horse belongs, Primerica (2) raced large in June -- if he returns to that performance he will contend late. I expect a very quick pace and no "Joey Franco" will not win this race.

Race 9 -- I like three horse's to win the nightcap. Rio Reyes(6) adds blinkers today and will be running early, Master of the Sea (7) should also go good here, Mr Siphon (1) should get a good tracking trip right behind the leaders.

keilan
08-03-2003, 01:49 PM
The Haskell -- 9 panels Sky Mesa (2) ran very nicely in the Dwyer and if he wasn't over-extended then I expect him to run large today. Surely they were aiming him towards today's race. His races as a two year old suggest that he will get the distance. My other choice is Funny Cide (5) if he is relaxed in the paddock and is striding long in the post-parade, looking confident he will certainly have his say here. Peace rules (1) then becomes my third choice

SAL
08-03-2003, 06:03 PM
only see a few for the Sunday Del Mar card:

r3 #5 Nita Moon Up - this trainer pops the ones he owns at a price. Extra distance won't hurt.

r7 #8 White Buck -Gets into Mitchell's barn here...ran decent in FLA stakes. Look at that last W/O

r8 #4 Bayou the Moon-ran decent on dirt as 3 yo in graded stake. Lot's of early runners here, should get a piece.