PDA

View Full Version : Obama-Oil Spill Echoes 9/11

Steve 'StatMan'
06-14-2010, 02:18 PM
Get a load of this! Since nothing has come from the government regrading a terrorism link regarding the oil rig fire & the leak at the ocean floor:

Obama says impact of oil spill 'echoes 9/11'

Really? You form your own conslusions. Gads, I can't see it, outside of having to be more carefull about things and proving readyiness. But comparing this to a day of planned attacks on our soil that killed a couple thousand citizens and visitors? Although yes, it took weeks to remove the rubble of the trade centers and fix up the Pentagon, but seriously?

The link is for Yahoo, which links the story from the NY Daily News. I love the comments on Yahoo. One talks about Bush reading 'My Pet Goat' for 7 minutes and gets villified immediately, another (or the same) notes Obama reading 'My Pet Goat' for 55 days.'

Take the Poll on the NY Daily News website (in the article)

http://buzz.yahoo.com/article/1:new_york_dail167:65f70d0ae5bcf66f9cd770099a999e5 2/Outrage-as-Obama-says-BP-oil-spill-impact-echoes-911

I'm sure glad Barack Obama & company was NOT in charge on 9/11/2001.

andymays
06-14-2010, 02:26 PM
This administration is all about redefining reality to make themeselves look better. This is what they will try to sell the American people all week.

The time has long past for Obama to redeem himself on this one. I believe he went golfing again over the weekend. You mean to tell me this is like 9-11 and he's on the golf course? :rolleyes:

prospector
06-14-2010, 02:29 PM
and he's on the golf course? :rolleyes:
safest place for us...

boxcar
06-14-2010, 02:44 PM
Get a load of this! Since nothing has come from the government regrading a terrorism link regarding the oil rig fire & the leak at the ocean floor:

Obama says impact of oil spill 'echoes 9/11'

Really? You form your own conslusions. Gads, I can't see it, outside of having to be more carefull about things and proving readyiness. But comparing this to a day of planned attacks on our soil that killed a couple thousand citizens and visitors? Although yes, it took weeks to remove the rubble of the trade centers and fix up the Pentagon, but seriously?

The link is for Yahoo, which links the story from the NY Daily News. I love the comments on Yahoo. One talks about Bush reading 'My Pet Goat' for 7 minutes and gets villified immediately, another (or the same) notes Obama reading 'My Pet Goat' for 55 days.'

Take the Poll on the NY Daily News website (in the article)

http://buzz.yahoo.com/article/1:new_york_dail167:65f70d0ae5bcf66f9cd770099a999e5 2/Outrage-as-Obama-says-BP-oil-spill-impact-echoes-911

I'm sure glad Barack Obama & company was NOT in charge on 9/11/2001.

It's not so surprising that they would make this lame analogy. For quite a while now, they have been tying Cap and Trade in with our "national security". Typical fear mongering stuff, of course... But also this 911 analogy ties in the new name given by this administration to terrorism, which is "man-made disasters". ("Terrorism" is no longer a PC term.) So, in a very loose sense,there would be a connection between 9/11 and this oil spill.

To digress for a moment, the central idea behind Political Correctness is that the Left gets to control the language, which in turn will eventually control many people's thought processes and in turn their attitudes about important issues. Political Correctness stifles free speech and free thought. Its ultimate goal is designed to control how we think via policing what we speak or write because users of incorrect speech will be ostracized or even vilified.

Boxcar

kenwoodall2
06-14-2010, 02:46 PM
This is new to O'bomb-us admin?LOL!
What our Irish Pres O' needs to do is order booms to surround all offshore oil rigs, or no oil sold in the USA from offshore; then hire illegals to go out in the water to clean up the oil and do not let them back onshore!

andymays
06-14-2010, 02:47 PM
If this happened a year ago the media would tow the line for them on the 9-11 comparison but now it just aint gonna fly.

Tom
06-14-2010, 03:40 PM
and he's on the golf course?

"Did you plug the hole yet, Daddy?"

46zilzal
06-14-2010, 03:46 PM
Methinks he is describing for the LONG TERM effect of the oil spill and its disruption of people's lives and livelihood in an already ravaged area of the country.

boxcar
06-14-2010, 03:54 PM
Methinks he is describing for the LONG TERM effect of the oil spill and its disruption of people's lives and livelihood in an already ravaged area of the country.

Well, good...then the horde of dem(on)s from hell should try to pass Cap in Trade in that "already ravaged area" and leave the rest of the country alone. Don't ya think? :rolleyes:

Boxcar

NJ Stinks
06-14-2010, 04:08 PM

Obviously.

Same old story. You can't get it if you don't want to get it.

bigmack
06-14-2010, 04:17 PM
You can't get it if you don't want to get it.
I wanna get it. How can I get my brain to work like BO & yours?

If I said Katrina was like Pearl Harbor do you get it or is that a stretch?

NJ Stinks
06-14-2010, 04:44 PM

I don't get a lot of what you get, Mack. Likely you feel the same way about me. So do we have something in common or is that a stretch? ;)

boxcar
06-14-2010, 05:01 PM

There's nothing to get, so don't worry about it. It's a really lame analogy which I could easily destroy -- as I could with any liberal's.

Boxcar

JustRalph
06-14-2010, 05:06 PM
Obviously.

Same old story. You can't get it if you don't want to get it.

Draw that comparison for me in a cogent manner huh?

Those who are damaged by this oil catastrophe are not dead!! How in the hell can you draw the two events together unless you are trying to make yourself look better? The victims of 9/11 are gone from this earth. They are no longer here for their families, their friends, and they lost any future. The gall of this man to compare a guy who has lost his fishing business for a few years or even five years, to the victims of terrorism on 9/11 is despicable. The environment will be resurrected. The area will recover no matter how long it takes. The Victims of 9/11 are gone forever.

They can adapt, they can be compensated for the damage. They can go home to their families and hug their children. They can plan for the future, they can LIVE!!! They can have a full and complete life in spite of the Gulf damage. To make this comparison is a disgrace and only partisan like yourself and your Canadian Troll buddy could even begin to act as if you are taking the high road by "understanding" Obama's real intentions in making this statement. It's bogus and impolite. Disgraceful.

I cannot believe that someone as close to ground zero as you are, would think this way.

JustRalph
06-14-2010, 05:08 PM

excellent comparison Mack......... :ThmbUp:

46zilzal
06-14-2010, 05:09 PM
LIVE!!![/B] They can have a full and complete life in spite of the Gulf damage. To make this comparison is a disgrace and only partisan like yourself and your Canadian Troll buddy could even begin to act as if you are taking the high road by "understanding" Obama's real intentions in making this statement. It's bogus and impolite. Disgraceful.

I cannot believe that someone as close to ground zero as you are, would think this way.
Ecological destruction is both LONGSTANDING and has a very hard time rebounding in the midst of all the other stress factors upon it. The havoc of the hurricane was not enough for his ecosystem and now this...It's long term effect on the livelihood of thousands and thousands is very much in the same category as the single event in NYC.

MONEY and apologies cannot reconstitute an ecosystem.

It is well past time for people to wake up and see how the constant destruction of OUR biosphere is going to destroy life in a slow progressive and unrelenting way.

Just because the terrorists are corporate here instead of religious makes no difference to the long term outcome.

boxcar
06-14-2010, 05:14 PM
Ecological destruction is both LONGSTANDING and has a very hard time rebounding in the midst of all the other stress factors upon it. The havoc of the hurricane was not enough for his ecosystem and now this...It's long term effect on the livelihood of thousands and thousands is very much in the same category as the single event in NYC.

MONEY and apologies cannot reconstitute an ecosystem.

It is well past time for people to wake up and see how the constant destruction of OUR biosphere is going to destroy life in a slow progressive and unrelenting way.

Just because the terrorists are corporate here instead of religious makes no difference to the long term outcome.

Err...let me ask you, 46er: Are you defending BO's lame analogy? If so, how? Draw the parallels for us.

Boxcar

Tom
06-14-2010, 10:18 PM
Their mouths open, words come out, but there is no connection to the brains. Like new-born baby birds, eyes closed, mouths open......waiting for someone to drop in a worm.

The terrorist here, zilly, lives at 1500 Pennsylvania Avenue.
This is HIS doing, he alone now gets all the blame.

You know Bush suspended the Jones Act for Katrina, but Ovomit will not. Why? Because the UNIONS do not want our non-union people working here.

9-11? You guys insult this nation with your ignorance.