PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi Screws the Tax Payer again.....

JustRalph
06-14-2010, 02:08 PM
Pelosi Screws the Tax Payer again. This time it's personal...........

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/06/14/pelosi-offers-democratic-example-of-frugality-and-responsibility/

Pelosi offers Democratic example of frugality and responsibility

Otherwise known as Because They’re Better Than Us, example #6548. Roll Call reports on Nancy Pelosi’s decision last year to move her San Francisco district offices to a new building, supposedly because she needs more security as Speaker of the House. However, something doesn’t add up, because she had been Speaker for almost three years at the time of the move — and her new offices will cost four times as much as her old suite:

Last fall, Speaker Nancy Pelosi moved her district office into the new federal building in San Francisco. The move quadrupled the rent she pays, and her new $18,736 monthly bill is almost double the next-highest rental paid by a Member of the House.

A database assembled by the Sunlight Foundation in cooperation with Roll Call provides new insight into Congressional spending on district office rents. Not surprisingly, Members from large urban districts with the highest property values are paying the most for district office rental, particularly New York–area Members. …

The next highest monthly office rent belongs to Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D), who occupies an office in a federal building in Manhattan’s trendy SoHo neighborhood for just under $10,600. Rep. José Serrano (D) paid $10,350 a month last year for an office in the Bronx, but he recently moved into a new building where the first month’s rent was only $9,583, his spokesman said Friday.

much more at the link

andymays
06-14-2010, 02:10 PM
She's entitled to anything she wants. :bang: :mad:

Pelosi is a national disgrace.

kenwoodall2
06-14-2010, 02:54 PM
Tracks should give all Fed elected officials free office space at the track!

Tom
06-14-2010, 03:38 PM
Are the times when an earthquake is a good thing?
Maybe a localized one, just, say, one block?

Dave Schwartz
06-14-2010, 04:44 PM
Do you suppose she'll move out anytime soon?

mostpost
06-14-2010, 05:15 PM
You guys don't know how it works. It would make my life much easier if you would take the time to learn something. Pelosi, or any member of congress does not rent office space than hand the bill to the taxpayers and say, "Here, pay this". There is an allowance given by law top each Senator or Representative. It is explained here.
http://www.thecapitol.net/FAQ/images/RL30064.pdf
There are three parts to the allowance.
The personnel allowance component is the same for each Member. The office
expenses and mail allowances components vary from Member to Member due to variations in the distance between a Member’s district and Washington, DC, for the mileage allowance, cost of office space in his or her district for the space allowance, and number of non-business addresses in his or her district for the mail allowance.
An important point.
A Member is responsible for personally paying for any official and
representational expenses that are in excess of his or her representational allowance
or that are not reimbursable under regulations of the Committee on House
Administration.
Either Pelosi's new digs are within the allowance set by law or she is paying the difference herself. I believe she is wealthy. If they are within the allowance than she has been saving us 75% over the years. Thank You Nancy. :lol:

cj's dad
06-14-2010, 07:40 PM
I've said it before and I will say it again and forever, however long it takes ---

YOU ARE A FOOLISH MAN !!

mostpost
06-14-2010, 09:53 PM
I've said it before and I will say it again and forever, however long it takes ---

YOU ARE A FOOLISH MAN !!
I have to agree with you. Why? Because I keep thinking you and others f your ilk will respond to facts and logic :rolleyes:

Pace Cap'n
06-14-2010, 10:57 PM
If they are within the allowance than she has been saving us 75% over the years. Thank You Nancy.

In that case she should be deeply ashamed for not saving us even more money. Surely she could find a bigger place, eh?

newtothegame
06-14-2010, 11:45 PM
I have to agree with you. Why? Because I keep thinking you and others f your ilk will respond to facts and logic :rolleyes:

Someone see "facts and logic" posted here??? Maybe if you brought some, we could respond in kind. :bang:

newtothegame
06-15-2010, 02:34 AM
then maybe mosty....you should write Fox and question them on their story as well...cause here is an excerpt from their story...
"the highest rental paid by any member of the House -- or, more precisely, the highest rental paid by taxpayers on behalf of a member of the House."
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/06/14/pelosis-new-district-office-reportedly-costs-month/?test=latestnews

mostpost
06-15-2010, 12:08 PM
then maybe mosty....you should write Fox and question them on their story as well...cause here is an excerpt from their story...
"the highest rental paid by any member of the House -- or, more precisely, the highest rental paid by taxpayers on behalf of a member of the House."
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/06/14/pelosis-new-district-office-reportedly-costs-month/?test=latestnews
Once again you fail reading comprehension. What I wrote is what your quote from Fox says. No one denies that the taxpayers pay for the office rental of all congressmen, Senators and Representatives. But the original story from Hot Air leaves (deliberately) the impression the Pelosi's new office is a ripoff of the taxpayers. Either it is within the allowance set by law or it is not. If it is within the allowance then what has Pelosi done wrong? If it is not, the Pelosi has to pay the difference out of her own pocket.
When you were a kid, if your parents gave you an allowance of $5 a week, did you not have the right to spend that money on what you wished? (Within the parameters set by your parents-no pea shooters etc.) But if you wanted something more expensive-again, on the approved list-you could save your money or mow a few lawns to pay for it. It's the same with Pelosi or any member of Congress.

mostpost
06-15-2010, 12:17 PM
Someone see "facts and logic" posted here??? Maybe if you brought some, we could respond in kind. :bang:
I posted a link to the rules-laws really set by Congress to reimburse members for money spent of runnung their offices, both in Washington DC and in their home states or districts. Explain to me how that is not a fact. I pointed out that the law states that any member who exceeds the limits imposed by that law is responsible for personally paying the excess. Explain how that is not a fact. Given those facts, it is illogical to conclude that Pelosi acted in any but the proper manner.

JustRalph
06-15-2010, 02:49 PM
so you endorse her spending more than any other Congressman/woman when the rest apparently set realistic budgets when it comes to this "expense" ?

You have to remember that this is the same woman who forced the Military to buy her a larger jet so she didn't have to refuel on the way home to California

Mostie, before you start digging, I ain't buying that the Sgt of Arms asked for the jet,,,,,,,,not Pelosi...........