PDA

View Full Version : Walt Owen´s Systems

Profiler8
06-14-2010, 12:51 PM
Hello,

I am interested in the Reno Special from Walt Owen. Does anybody have this method and want to sell it ?
Any expierence with the method ?

Thanks....

Greetings
Tim

Dave Schwartz
06-14-2010, 01:03 PM
Oh, this sounds interesting.

Robert Goren
06-14-2010, 01:12 PM
Oh, this sounds interesting.Nothing beats a little sarcasm on a monday morning to go with your coffee.

Dave Schwartz
06-14-2010, 02:01 PM
It was only mildly sarcastic.

goforgin
06-16-2010, 05:27 PM
Hello,

I am interested in the Reno Special from Walt Owen. Does anybody have this method and want to sell it ?
Any expierence with the method ?

Thanks....

Greetings
Tim
You may want to contact RPM if you haven't already. I believe they sell Walt Owen products. No, never have used any of his methods.
http://rpmhandicappinggiant.com/

Trotman
06-16-2010, 05:55 PM
This is not to down grade Walt's system but many seem to be looking for a system, when a system is just a forerunner to a methodology. And before anyone starts bringing up Doc Sartin or anyone else look up what comes first, a system does because it sometimes will give results in the short term, where a methodology proves over long term. I have always followed Taulbot and along the way added a bit Mahl, a bit Brohammer, a bit Sartin and this might surprise many Jim Lehane and Randy Giles and Beyer. This works for me and I am still form and pen I believe from what people tell me that CJ's pace numbers are tops because in the very limited time I've had a chance to speak with CJ we talk pace and it's understood. This is not any knock against any software but IMO this game is supposed to be winning and winning is excitement and is this not why we play this game. :ThmbUp:

timtam
06-17-2010, 12:06 AM
Philips Racing Newsletter published many of Walt Owens systems.

Russ Dietrich used to include them when he had extra space in his

Newsletter. One system I remember and sometimes check out is glancing

down the Graded Entries and go down the list until you come to the first

horse listed at 3/1 but no higher than 12/1. Just something to check out

but alot of his systems are add this subtract that mix em together and voila

you have a Walt Owens system.

dansan
06-17-2010, 10:00 AM
I have a system I call it a little bit of this and a little bit of that :lol:

timtam
06-26-2010, 11:12 AM
How is it working for you ?

completebill
06-26-2010, 07:26 PM
Philips Racing Newsletter published many of Walt Owens systems.

Russ Dietrich used to include them when he had extra space in his

Newsletter. One system I remember and sometimes check out is glancing

down the Graded Entries and go down the list until you come to the first

horse listed at 3/1 but no higher than 12/1. Just something to check out

but alot of his systems are add this subtract that mix em together and voila

you have a Walt Owens system.

If you believe any of the system "reviews" in Phillips Racing Newsletter, or any of the advertised "winning" statistics in the "systems" sold by RPM, or if you even think you can make profits using ANY commercially available "system", you are doomed to failure. Each and every one of them, when tested against a large data base by an unbiased researcher, loses money.

Can you make money betting on horse races? Absolutely. But you'll never come close, in the long run, using these "systems" being sold.

Hosshead
06-26-2010, 07:53 PM
Long ago (before computers), I used to buy RPM systems and PRN. I had a mountain of Racing Forms to check them with.
After doing a complete massive workout with MANY hours of work, I found that all the systems I had bought (in each batch), DID NOT SHOW A PROFIT.

And since they were guaranteed to have a positive ROI, I would contact Mr. Powers, send him the results (dates) everything, which I don't think he ever read, and he would give me either a refund or an equal amount (new batch) of other systems. Of course they didn't show a profit either. After this happened a couple of times finally Mr. Powers told me I could no longer get refunds, and I never did business with them again.

Same is true with Phillips Racing Newsletter.

R P M = Ripoff People's Money

Profiler8
06-28-2010, 01:32 PM
Hi everybody,

thanks for the replies. ;-)

Yes, I know systems and mechanical methods fail in the long run, but can give you new ideas.

From most of the systems, I have learned, that I should do the opposite.
But I am also a system collector. ;-)

Greetings
Tim