PDA

View Full Version : Democrat gets violent

ArlJim78
06-14-2010, 08:05 AM
apparently just asking a Democrat if they support the Obama agenda is enough to send them into a violent rage. Watch representative Bob Etheridge of North Carolina.

v60oNUoHBYM

PaceAdvantage
06-14-2010, 08:09 AM
Wow...that's pretty messed up...kid should press charges...

prospector
06-14-2010, 09:34 AM
another republican going to congress...:lol::lol:

TheBid9
06-14-2010, 10:16 AM
I think if I was asked to defend Obama's agenda, I'd go berserk too!!!

jballscalls
06-14-2010, 10:28 AM
the guy hadn't even asked the question before the guy got violent. I think they could have asked him anything and this pyscho was just set off. reminds me of Randy johnson in NYC

Steve 'StatMan'
06-14-2010, 10:33 AM
Politicians have learned it's never good to be on anoymonus camera anymore.

Thanks alot again Michael Moore.

Steve 'StatMan'
06-14-2010, 10:34 AM
I don't think the Senator knows the kid's name, but now knows his YouTube user name (or of someone who knows him.)

Robert Goren
06-14-2010, 10:42 AM
It is pretty hard for me to feel sorry for a politician, but this makes me come pretty close. The "kid" is such a coward that he even blocks out his face on the youtube video. What a jerk.

GameTheory
06-14-2010, 10:53 AM
It is pretty hard for me to feel sorry for a politician, but this makes me come pretty close. The "kid" is such a coward that he even blocks out his face on the youtube video. What a jerk.Maybe he doesn't want the media destroying his life. What does it matter who he is?

Tom
06-14-2010, 11:05 AM
Bobby, you are ignoring the 800 lb NAZI in the room.

Robert Goren
06-14-2010, 11:05 AM
Or maybe he worried that his parents will find out and stop paying his college tuition.

GameTheory
06-14-2010, 11:11 AM
Or maybe he worried that his parents will find out and stop paying his college tuition.Maybe. Whatever. Again, what does it matter?

rastajenk
06-14-2010, 11:15 AM
Surely the kid is aware of the full Joe the Plumber treatment that Dems dish out.

NJ Stinks
06-14-2010, 01:55 PM
It is pretty hard for me to feel sorry for a politician, but this makes me come pretty close. The "kid" is such a coward that he even blocks out his face on the youtube video. What a jerk.

My thought is that the congressman should have been a teacher. Somehow how I think there would be a lot less brats walking around.

P.S. Why am I so hoping this kid is a Young Republican? :lol:

Steve 'StatMan'
06-14-2010, 02:28 PM

But remember, Michael Moore made this shit Very Popular and Extremely Profitable.

kenwoodall2
06-14-2010, 02:47 PM
He's not a Democrat, he's an incumbent!

BenDiesel26
06-14-2010, 02:52 PM

That's an easy one. You know that if he ends up being a young Republican that the mainstream media will launch a smear campaign against the kid, rather than addressing the main issue. No matter who the kid was or what affiliation he had, the question he asked was perfectly fine and crossed ZERO boundaries whatsoever. The congressman is just a POS.

Tom
06-14-2010, 03:39 PM
But remember, Michael Moore made this shit Very Popular and Extremely Profitable.

Once again, the left sets the standards and then whines when we agree to abide by them. tsk tsk tsk

bigmack
06-14-2010, 03:44 PM
They've been hawkin' Chrissy Matthews' special "The Rise of the Hard Right" for weeks. It still turns out we have more to fear from goofs like this, SEIU, and anarchists in The Big Easy.

Where is all the violence from The Tea Party that Space Monkey and others feared? Matthews will stir up more irrational fear come the 16th.

NJ Stinks
06-14-2010, 03:45 PM

You raise a fair point, Steve. There is no denying it.

NJ Stinks
06-14-2010, 04:00 PM
That's an easy one. You know that if he ends up being a young Republican that the mainstream media will launch a smear campaign against the kid, rather than addressing the main issue. No matter who the kid was or what affiliation he had, the question he asked was perfectly fine and crossed ZERO boundaries whatsoever. The congressman is just a POS.

I was kidding about the Young Republican thing. Actually, I was half-kidding about the teacher thing too. Etheridge could have handled this a million different ways. He picked a wrong way. Having said that, the kid stuck a camera in his face. The kid picked the wrong day, apparently.

newtothegame
06-14-2010, 04:25 PM
I was kidding about the Young Republican thing. Actually, I was half-kidding about the teacher thing too. Etheridge could have handled this a million different ways. He picked a wrong way. Having said that, the kid stuck a camera in his face. The kid picked the wrong day, apparently.

And you STILL try to make it the kids fault at the end...lol
And here I thought all this time it was the tea partiers who were the violent ones....:lol:
Gee...I wonder how many congressional members have "a camera in their face" daily??? Guess they all need to get physical huh nj?

NJ Stinks
06-14-2010, 04:30 PM
And you STILL try to make it the kids fault at the end...lol
And here I thought all this time it was the tea partiers who were the violent ones....:lol:
Gee...I wonder how many congressional members have "a camera in their face" daily??? Guess they all need to get physical huh nj?

No kid no incident. So the proverbial question is: Does that or does that not make it the kid's fault, Newtothegame? :p :)

mostpost
06-14-2010, 04:40 PM
I'm bothered by this. Bothered that the congressman didn't take a large stick and beat the little twerp over the head. It seems to me whenever a professional reporter asks a question they first identify themselves and their organization.
This was "gotcha" journalism at its worst. I use the world journalism in its broadest sense. Why did the creepy kid blur his face? Why didn't he identify himself? What kind of a class project is it when the question is "Do you support the Obama agenda?" Why the need to confront him on the street? If this was a legitimate class project I'm sure they could have gone to his office or just looked at his voting record.
This kid is too short to be James O'keefe and apparently too ugly to be Hannah Giles. (otherwise why blur your face?). He's just a cheap knockoff.

newtothegame
06-14-2010, 04:41 PM
No kid no incident. So the proverbial question is: Does that or does that not make it the kid's fault, Newtothegame? :p :)

No it DOESNT make it the kids fault.....
Lets see...based on your conclusions, youve just given every represenative a right to do this whether it be a white house briefing....a show in which the congressional member is being interviewed....or local news station reporters to be subjected to violence.

mostpost
06-14-2010, 04:45 PM
No it DOESNT make it the kids fault.....
Lets see...based on your conclusions, youve just given every represenative a right to do this whether it be a white house briefing....a show in which the congressional member is being interviewed....or local news station reporters to be subjected to violence.
Don't compare this punk to a legitimate news reporter. There is no Constitutional right to have your questions answered. There is a Constitutional right to privacy and even congressmen have it.

bigmack
06-14-2010, 04:46 PM
I'm bothered by this. Bothered that the congressman didn't take a large stick and beat the little twerp over the head.
Why stop there, why not kill the kid? You & your team are becoming more unhinged and mentally unstable.

Get out da way, you're bitchin' up rational thought.

newtothegame
06-14-2010, 04:49 PM
Don't compare this punk to a legitimate news reporter. There is no Constitutional right to have your questions answered. There is a Constitutional right to privacy and even congressmen have it.

The kids credentials (whether or not he was a legit reporter) has absolutely NOTHING to do with whether or not the congressional member had a right to get violent with him. I would say that that is even a stretch for you...but come to think of it....its not based on your consistent spinning and rational. :bang:

JustRalph
06-14-2010, 04:49 PM

If this was a Repub you would be screaming at the top of your little blue short pant wearing lungs!!

you kill me. You are so deep in the Kool Aid........you are drowning

boxcar
06-14-2010, 04:58 PM
I'm bothered by this. Bothered that the congressman didn't take a large stick and beat the little twerp over the head. It seems to me whenever a professional reporter asks a question they first identify themselves and their organization.
This was "gotcha" journalism at its worst. I use the world journalism in its broadest sense. Why did the creepy kid blur his face? Why didn't he identify himself? What kind of a class project is it when the question is "Do you support the Obama agenda?" Why the need to confront him on the street? If this was a legitimate class project I'm sure they could have gone to his office or just looked at his voting record.
This kid is too short to be James O'keefe and apparently too ugly to be Hannah Giles. (otherwise why blur your face?). He's just a cheap knockoff.

Ahh....Our Champion of and Advocate for All Evil has spoken (clap, clap, clap). We can always count on you to defend evil. :rolleyes:

Even if this public political figure had some precious right of "privacy" violated in a public place (and this is a really BIG "if"), does this give him the right to assault this "creepy kid"? Since when do we go around assaulting people because we don't like the way they look, or the way they approach us, or the questions they ask, or we're just not in the best of moods that day, etc., etc.? Therefore, regardless of whether the kid was within his rights or not in this encounter, the response to him by this congressman was wrong.

Boxcar

Maverick58034
06-14-2010, 05:00 PM
So this is where we've come - our elected officials, in lieu of answering questions posed on public sidewalks by their represented citizens - instead not only refuse to answer, but physically assault them?

It's good to know "we the people" still have the power, especially with some of our people condemning the student for asking his elected representative a wholly appropriate policy question...

boxcar
06-14-2010, 05:05 PM
So this is where we've come - our elected officials, in lieu of answering questions posed on public sidewalks by their represented citizens - instead not only refuse to answer, but physically assault them?

It's good to know "we the people" still have the power, especially with some of our people condemning the student for asking his elected representative a wholly appropriate policy question...

Don't ya know: We citizens exist solely for the pleasure of the politicians? We are the slaves; they are our wise masters. The kid was wrong because he dared to question his master and, therefore, insulted him. And the insult warranted the assault. End of story. Elitism at its finest...

Boxcar

GameTheory
06-14-2010, 05:36 PM
This kid is too short to be James O'keefe and apparently too ugly to be Hannah Giles. (otherwise why blur your face?). He's just a cheap knockoff.Who said he was a journalist? Who cares if it was a class project? Only "real" journalists and students doing "legitimate" class projects can ask a congressman a question? What the hell are you talking about?

The issue is the BEHAVIOR OF THE CONGRESSMAN, not the "twerp". Did the twerp do something illegal, or even abnormal? Congresspeople have questions shouted at them all the time. Why doesn't he just say "no comment" and keep walking? How can you guys even *pretend* to have any credibility when you are willing to defend a politician actually physically assaulting someone for no apparent reason? (What was the kid supposed to say, anyway? I don't even understand what Etheridge was driving at -- "I have a right to know who you are", etc. The guy seems completely nuts. Reminded me of George Clooney doing the same thing in a scene from BURN AFTER READING -- did Etheridge think this kid was a covert operative following him?)

Now, it is possible we don't have the whole story here -- maybe this kid was hounding him constantly for weeks and Etheridge finally snapped, but if it was just this one incident as shown I can't see how you can defend the indefensible.

mostpost
06-14-2010, 05:38 PM
Why stop there, why not kill the kid? You & your team are becoming more unhinged and mentally unstable.

Get out da way, you're bitchin' up rational thought.
That was obviously said in jest. I notice that you frequently take things I say in a humorous vein as if I were serious. You once accused me of lacking humor. It appears the problem is that someone can't recognize humor when it's right in front of him. Obviously it is against the law for a Congressman to hit even the creepiest kid with a large stick.
Maybe we can change the law. :confused:

rastajenk
06-14-2010, 05:55 PM
Wow...the road to serfdom is a more slippery slope than I ever imagined.

If the Rep's right to privacy is seriously being invoked here (sometimes with these loons it's hard to tell), then I guess Sainte Sarah would be entirely justified in bludgeoning her new neighbor with a ball bat within a few centimeters of his life. Certainly what he's doing is more invasive than what this "creepy kid" is doing. Yet in some circles he's celebrated for going the distance to get a story. Weird, just weird. :faint:

bigmack
06-14-2010, 07:39 PM
It appears the problem is that someone can't recognize humor when it's right in front of him. Obviously it is against the law for a Congressman to hit even the creepiest kid with a large stick.
What information do you have the kid is creepy? Moving next door to someone you're writing a book about, now that's creepy.

My motto is: If you want to throw around humor make sure it's funny. Step it up and I'll credit where it's due. Thusfar, you're shootin' blanks.

CryingForTheHorses
06-14-2010, 08:00 PM
Damn just think how violent he would be if he didnt get his paycheck! :lol:

toetoe
06-14-2010, 08:19 PM
I loathe that man, probably because I'm a racist. :rolleyes: .

The kid's biggest crime is describing a representative (particular) as a congressman (general). I hate that. Like calling a Jewhater an Antisemite. (:Grinding teeth.) :bang: .

Tom
06-14-2010, 10:26 PM
He's not a Democrat, he's an incumbent!
He's an incompetent!
What an embarrassment to this country - this jerk is garbage.

Tom
06-14-2010, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by mostpost
I'm bothered by this. Bothered that the congressman didn't take a large stick and beat the little twerp over the head.

Because this is not Chicago....our here, most people are civilized, not street thugs and animals, like in that City of Shame.
Chicago is the only city where we root for the cattle.

jballscalls
06-14-2010, 10:51 PM
first things first, the politican was totally out of line. that being said, who wants to deal with some pipsqueek with a camera doing a michael moore type thing.

instead of assaulting the kid, should of just said "no comment" or "piss off"

newtothegame
06-14-2010, 11:50 PM
first things first, the politican was totally out of line. that being said, who wants to deal with some pipsqueek with a camera doing a michael moore type thing.

instead of assaulting the kid, should of just said "no comment" or "piss off"

JB, I understand your point to an extent. But the represenatives of this country (by virtue of elections) are to be held accountable by their constituency. If they don't like answering questions, THEN GET THE HELL OUT! Last i checked, represenatives are supposed to be there for the people. And furthermore, their is no age requirement that I know of that limits "the people".
The facts are this...if he didnt want to answer, then walk on and take his lumps that way. I truly hope the kid presses charges for assault.

bigmack
06-15-2010, 12:18 PM
Guess which network covered this story?

A. NBC
B. CBS
C. ABC
D. None

Ding. D.

Group think made it unworthy. :eek:

ArlJim78
06-15-2010, 01:06 PM
Imagine for a moment if Sarah Palin had done the same thing, lost her temper and wrestled with a questioner. It would push the oil disaster off the front pages, it would be covered wall to wall on every network, you'd have Holder reviewing the incident for possible charges, you'd have Napolitano speaking out about the growing threat of violence from the right, you'd have Obama and Pelosi bemoaning this uncivil behavior

boxcar
06-15-2010, 01:21 PM
JB, I understand your point to an extent. But the represenatives of this country (by virtue of elections) are to be held accountable by their constituency. If they don't like answering questions, THEN GET THE HELL OUT! Last i checked, represenatives are supposed to be there for the people. And furthermore, their is no age requirement that I know of that limits "the people".
The facts are this...if he didnt want to answer, then walk on and take his lumps that way. I truly hope the kid presses charges for assault.

The pols' elitist attitude has rubbed off on JB. He really believes in his heart of hearts that we're here to serve the pols, not the other way around. We have no business asking questions of our fearless, intrepid, wise leaders. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Robert Goren
06-15-2010, 01:32 PM
Imagine for a moment if Sarah Palin had done the same thing, lost her temper and wrestled with a questioner. It would push the oil disaster off the front pages, it would be covered wall to wall on every network, you'd have Holder reviewing the incident for possible charges, you'd have Napolitano speaking out about the growing threat of violence from the right, you'd have Obama and Pelosi bemoaning this uncivil behavior You probably right about that. MSNBC would have the "reporter" on at least three shows. Fox would have had several 3 member panels with 2 of members defending Palin and the third member being wishy-washy about the whole deal.

JustRalph
06-15-2010, 02:37 PM
Imagine for a moment if Sarah Palin had done the same thing, lost her temper and wrestled with a questioner. It would push the oil disaster off the front pages, it would be covered wall to wall on every network, you'd have Holder reviewing the incident for possible charges, you'd have Napolitano speaking out about the growing threat of violence from the right, you'd have Obama and Pelosi bemoaning this uncivil behavior

No greater truth has ever been told..............

NJ Stinks
06-16-2010, 01:19 AM
Guess which network covered this story?

A. NBC
B. CBS
C. ABC
D. None

Ding. D.

Group think made it unworthy. :eek:

Hannity rolled it tonight. Undoubtedly others at FOX News did too but I wasn't watching.

Apparently, the kid is going to cannonized any day now. :sleeping:

ElKabong
06-16-2010, 01:49 AM
a responsible adult, politician or not, would have looked the kid in the eye and gave him an honest answer & gone on his way. The kid w/h gotten his answer, end of conversation.

Pathetic reaction, can't believe that guy is on the public payroll (wait...mostpost is/was on the....nevermind)

bigmack
06-16-2010, 03:31 AM
Napolitano speaking out about the growing threat of violence from the right, you'd have Obama and Pelosi bemoaning this uncivil behavior
Get a load of Matthews. What a maroon.
http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/checker.aspx?v=XdaGZu8z8z

JustRalph
06-16-2010, 01:40 PM
why didn't he just say " I don't have time for an interview " and keep walking? It was the question that lit him up......which should tell you something

kingfin66
06-16-2010, 09:41 PM
The Congressman is lucky that the kid did not bust him upside his head. Obviously, the kid is not into violence. He greeted him by saying hello and then asking him him a simple yes/no question. The kid can easily press charges.

If there is one funny thing about this, at least to me, it is how the Congressman grabbed the kid's wrist. In martial arts, we always joke about fights never starting by somebody grabbing your wrist. Many martial arts always practice the counter to the wrist grab, an attack that NEVER happens until now.

Seriously though, if somebody ever tries to grab the back of your head like that who is not a law enforcement officer trying to arrest you (see other thread) you need to defend yourself because bad things are likely going to happen. A neck clinch is a bad position to be in. It doesn't matter who it, a street thug or a Congressman, it is assault and you must defend yourself.

Just my $0.02 and I am basically a lib. Moron, idiot behavior is moron, idiot behavior.

JustRalph
06-17-2010, 06:13 PM
http://www.nationalreview.com/campaign-spot/230012/bob-etheridge-now-trailing

Now he is trailing in the polls.........

Bob Etheridge Now Trailing?.......see the link

JustRalph
11-19-2010, 06:18 PM
In case anybody remembers this guy/thread

This POS lost in the recent election. He will be unemployed soon..........

Republican Renee Ellmers has defeated incumbent and Democrat Bob Etheridge in the hotly contested NC-2 congressional race.

apparently just asking a Democrat if they support the Obama agenda is enough to send them into a violent rage. Watch representative Bob Etheridge of North Carolina.

v60oNUoHBYM

boxcar
11-19-2010, 06:28 PM
Enough voters poked this arrogant airhead back. :ThmbUp:

Boxcar