PDA

View Full Version : Woodbine Oaks

JustRalph
06-14-2010, 01:40 AM
Anybody see the Woodbine Oaks? As far as I can tell the rider who won the 500k race was only in his 2nd race of the year, and the trainer was on her only her 8th starter of the year with only one 2nd place finish out of 8 starters......... I didn't see the race, but checked my bets tonight that I uploaded earlier and saw this result. I singled the big fav in a couple of tickets and got stung by this one..........

Anybody know anything about the trainer Carolyn Costigan? Or rider David Moran?

GaryG
06-14-2010, 09:42 AM
Ralph, it is an Irish connection. I actually had a small bet on that one (you know me, I don't redboard)....;) The duel between Embur's Song and Resentless worked out just like on paper. The Irish filly was closing fast in that sprint prep. Here is the Arravale link:

http://www.arravaleracing.com/news-reader/items/daily-racing-form-costigan-records-trio-of-firsts.html

bpiets
06-14-2010, 10:06 AM
...the race showed that those 'others' that ran in this race will beat each other quite often in the future as NONE stand out as supper 'nags'....at least not yet... ;)

JustRalph
06-14-2010, 01:51 PM
Ralph, it is an Irish connection. I actually had a small bet on that one (you know me, I don't redboard)....;) The duel between Embur's Song and Resentless worked out just like on paper. The Irish filly was closing fast in that sprint prep. Here is the Arravale link:

http://www.arravaleracing.com/news-reader/items/daily-racing-form-costigan-records-trio-of-firsts.html

damn, it's a game based on information,,,,,,,,,,,,apparently I was short info on that race...............Thanks Gary! ! :ThmbUp:

kenwoodall2
06-14-2010, 03:11 PM
Was the trainer female and if so, was the horse underlay because of that?

Wiley
06-14-2010, 03:42 PM
Saw the race on CBC and think it was Sandy Hawley after the race that interviewed the trainer, Carolyn Costigan, she was a trip - said this is the best game there is! Everybody should come out to the track! really excited and fun to see as opposed to most of the staid trainer responses after big races. Looks like the connections are a family affair, with breeder owner Robert Costigan.

GaryG
06-14-2010, 03:52 PM
Was the trainer female and if so, was the horse underlay because of that?It was a big overlay from the line price of 6-1. Place price was small considering the 3-5 favorite finished 3rd.