PDA

View Full Version : Sartoga Sunday

Suff
08-03-2003, 06:00 AM
I'm disapointed in myself. I had been going pretty good and I'm getting lazy & cocky and.....and you know what happens when You get FAT , DUMB and LAZY.......I've been getting my HAT handed to me the last few cards. Well... I'm tired of this.

I worked the card Last night. 5:30 AM Sunday Morning and I'm up and working it again. I hit winners when I work hard. When I think I can Just PICK winners without the work....I suck.

No more sucking. Today I play my way. And my way is Winners.

All day.

Race 1

I like them 6-5-2.

The whole card to folllow.

Suff
08-03-2003, 06:42 AM
Race 2

How can not like the 4-2 in here? Your looking at 3-5 and 7-5 on those two,,,,and If I was picking the race to save my life I'd probably land there...

I'm playing the 7 ...Because I see this whole race breaking down at the 6 1/2 Furlong Marker. Its two very talented horses in with a bunch of speed....Bailey's tough to go against here...I'll use the 7 in 1 and 2 spots for an upset or decent exacta/

Suff
08-03-2003, 07:13 AM
Race 5...

Very nice group here....and it's a Dead heat for me. Can't sperate 5 or 6 horses with my eyes.

So....I'll have a TOTE Board Play here.

The 10. Think Pink. This horse comes up "Live" when I look at Pedigree and Progeny success. May need more ground or an experience....and the post works against me...

But....at 12-1 or better.. I may take a healthy swing at her. The horse can run..... I set my Line at 5-1. I see this horse totally ignored out here and might provide a real sneaky Value play.

I'll be surprised if "Think Pink" miss's the ticket.

canuck
08-03-2003, 09:48 AM
Some interesting trainers stats on Think Pink straight from the 2003 Saratoga Handicapper

Shug McGaughey

First time starters

4/21 --a bet on every Shug fts returned a $4.90 profit on $2 bet

When using Bridgmohan in 2002 o/2 BUT hit the board both times

For maiden fts 2 year olds 3/16 a loss o $4.50 BUT 50 % itm

At odds of 5-2 to 5-1 62% itm with a profit of $12.90 on 29 starters

Att odds of 6-1 to 10-1 62% itm from 29 starters and a profit of $18.20

Looks like a solid prop to hit the board

canuck
08-03-2003, 09:54 AM
Also one more thing

Shug has not had a horse in the past 3 meets go off at odds of 11-1 or higher and win (22 attempts)--having pointed that out the due factor will come into play and this mule will pay boxcars!!!

SAL
08-03-2003, 12:56 PM
r1 #4 Pumpkins Pride - won convincingly, no name trainer means good price likely. #2 King of the Cats appeals to me also, but I think she'll be too far back to make an impact

r3 #4 Quatre Dix Neuf - I see theft tactics here, period.

r5 #3 Caught in a Pinch- Don't see this one going off at 5/1 with Bailey up. Romans doesn't run very many 2 yo's here and the last workout will draw some money. Pat Day is his main guy here, so that's a question mark.

sam i am
08-03-2003, 01:16 PM
If I remember correctly Sunday the 27th the 5th race he had Daydreaming . Firster from A.P. Indy @ 18.70 - 1.

David

Suff
08-03-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by SAL
r1 #4 Pumpkins Pride - won convincingly, no name trainer means good price likely. #2 King of the Cats appeals to me also, but I think she'll be too far back to make an impact

Bullseye. Aint those sweet.

WINMANWIN
08-03-2003, 02:19 PM
with 18 mins to tog's 4th race Im using 2 steeds in this affair.I think 1 of them makes the exacta #, just not sure which 1, maybe both .:confused: FOR THE FDNY HEROS GETS A REAL RIDER TODAY OK PRICE AT 4 TO 1.....MINAVILLE STATEBRED IS SUPER OVERDUE PICKS UP PATIENT PAT, WAIT ALL DAY, AND 5 TO 1 IS ALSO OK !!!!!!

SAL
08-03-2003, 02:55 PM
r6 #4 Tony's Girl - I can see this one leading by 3 at the top of the lane, should be decent price because of the low Beyers.

r7 #2 Fatat Alarab - made a move on a wicked middle quarter in last. Stellar will be overbet here, so maybe a halfway decent price.

r10 #5 Handsome Gent - ran down favorite w/uncontested lead in last, with a fast last quarter. Has my favorite running style, can go early or lay just off the pace.

WINMANWIN
08-03-2003, 02:55 PM
chalks ran 1st and 2nd my steeds ran 3rd and 4th...Are these statebred races the pits or what ??? feels like inner dirt at aque....
on to the 5th.....biancone 1ster is taking all the money early at 5/2 with farina....biancone runs 1 later also...maybe he can be off the tkt here......bailey and romans are currently 6 to 1 with 18 mins to post. romans was on the nyc otb show the other day, and he said to watch this 1, the owners the ramseys are here and this 1 may run well today. Interesting that the lukas charge
is a nice price at 8 to 1 here scrambling...lukas had a fave 1ster off the board yesterday and redemption is sweet at this price.
pletcher factor is also considered here.....steed was a beaten fave last out and the board says 4 to 1......I'll play around with these steeds.....considering a tri play also......maybe i'll toss in the 1 mcpeek steed at 14 to 1 bullets in the holster and shug's
steed the 10 think pink for a $60 bucko tri box.....:confused:

Suff
08-03-2003, 03:00 PM
Go get um JOE..... I'm done watching,,, Diving in head first at the 10.