PDA

View Full Version : Racing website languages?

kenwoodall2
06-13-2010, 04:12 PM
Should racing websites be in English AND other languages? I say yes! Multiole choice!

andymays
06-13-2010, 04:15 PM
Just my opinion but.................. nessuno si preoccupa or personne ne s'inquiète

kenwoodall2
06-13-2010, 04:18 PM
Wish I knew how to spell ENGLISH!!

andymays
06-13-2010, 04:21 PM
Wish I knew how to spell ENGLISH!!

Ebglish??

Wasn't that somebody or somethings name in Lord of the Rings?

chickenhead
06-13-2010, 04:59 PM
Many/most browsers have the ability either built in or available through plug-in to turn any site into most any language...the actual underlying language used is less important now than ever. Non-english speakers are more aware of this kind of functionality than English speakers, for obvious reasons (more of the web is in English).

No need for any site owner to do anything to be accessible to most anyone.

kenwoodall2
06-13-2010, 06:25 PM
Many/most browsers have the ability either built in or available through plug-in to turn any site into most any language...the actual underlying language used is less important now than ever. Non-english speakers are more aware of this kind of functionality than English speakers, for obvious reasons (more of the web is in English).

No need for any site owner to do anything to be accessible to most anyone.
Thanks for the info!

kenwoodall2
06-14-2010, 12:02 AM
OK I give up! Engalash only!

PaceAdvantage
06-14-2010, 04:59 AM
To quote another post I saw yesterday..."I don't know whether to laugh or cry."

bpiets
06-14-2010, 10:02 AM
Howdy...as long as ENGLISH >>>REMAINS << the NATIONAL LANGUAGE....LOL...besides <<>> computors can be changed to a language to suit any person WITHOUT the / any ADD-ONS...lol...now, 'me', 'i' find using public computors a bit of time given to changing back to ENGLISH since many of these FORIENERS don't give consideration for the ENGLISH 'speaking 'folk' by changing bacK to the NATIONAL LANGUAGE when 'these' persons are finished with 'thier' session on the computor....just an observation.... :)

garyoz
06-14-2010, 05:39 PM
To quote another post I saw yesterday..."I don't know whether to laugh or cry."

On this thread it should probably be "weather" :bang:

BluegrassProf
06-14-2010, 05:41 PM
Howdy...as long as ENGLISH >>>REMAINS << the NATIONAL LANGUAGE....LOL...besides <<>> computors can be changed to a language to suit any person WITHOUT the / any ADD-ONS...lol...now, 'me', 'i' find using public computors a bit of time given to changing back to ENGLISH since many of these FORIENERS don't give consideration for the ENGLISH 'speaking 'folk' by changing bacK to the NATIONAL LANGUAGE when 'these' persons are finished with 'thier' session on the computor....just an observation.... :)On this thread it should probably be "weather" :bang: :D

+1

mostpost
06-14-2010, 05:46 PM
On this thread it should probably be "weather" :bang:
Aren't websites international? If so, it would seem good business sense to have language options. I was going to comment on bpiets post on English being the national language, but upon rereading I think it was tongue in cheek.

cj
06-14-2010, 05:53 PM
I think they should all be in woodall.

46zilzal
06-14-2010, 06:42 PM
When I visit Turkish racing, Korean racing, Japanese racing, French racing even when I went to the site for the Gran Velka Pardubice they all had options allowing me to try to read it in their native tongue or English.....I suggest that NONE of them have to, but I am sure they will get more readers if they do.

CincyHorseplayer
06-14-2010, 07:50 PM
How about dirty language??Were all good at that!!