Jasonm921
06-13-2010, 06:36 AM
For those that care.

cpitt84
06-13-2010, 02:10 PM
how do you know she got a 108?

rastajenk
06-13-2010, 02:14 PM
It's right here. (http://www.drf.com/stakeresults/drfStakeResults.jsp)

cpitt84
06-13-2010, 02:15 PM
It's right here. (http://www.drf.com/stakeresults/drfStakeResults.jsp)

ahh, thanks

cpitt84
06-13-2010, 02:17 PM
wow, it looks like she got the highest beyer rating. i know theres a lot of contoversy about beyer's but it is encouraging to see rachel improving.

is a high beyer rating correlated with lengths of victory?

GaryG
06-13-2010, 03:34 PM
is a high beyer rating correlated with lengths of victory?It is a speed rating, nothing more. It is independent of class, winning distance, ground loss or weight carried. It is merely a high tech version of the old DRF speed ratings.

thaskalos
06-13-2010, 03:43 PM
It is a speed rating, nothing more. It is independent of class, winning distance, ground loss or weight carried. It is merely a high tech version of the old DRF speed ratings. Hi Gary,

I like your definition of the "Beyers", and I would like your opinion...

Do you buy the argument that Rachel would have won the "Stephen Foster", since her speed+pace figures were so significantly higher than Blame's?

tucker6
06-13-2010, 03:49 PM
Hi Gary,

Do you buy the argument that Rachel would have won the "Stephen Foster", since her speed+pace figures were so significantly higher than Blame's?
I'm not Gary, but how could anyone say that definitively. Every race outcome is dependent on the participants to a some degree..

GaryG
06-13-2010, 06:04 PM
Hi Gary,

Do you buy the argument that Rachel would have won the "Stephen Foster", since her speed+pace figures were so significantly higher than Blame's?It is impossible to say, because the pace dynamics could well have been different. IMO she ran a better race than Blame and would have to be considered a likely winner if they were to meet under similar conditions.

bisket
06-13-2010, 06:10 PM
It is impossible to say, because the pace dynamics could well have been different. IMO she ran a better race than Blame and would have to be considered a likely winner if they were to meet under similar conditions.
i'm not so sure about that. blame was 4 lengths back of a slow pace on a day when speed was king. that was an impressive race irrespective of the time just because he overcame many things that were working against him.

PaceAdvantage
06-13-2010, 07:35 PM
Bottom line:

I doubt ANY of us expected the kind of performance from Rachel that would have most folks seriously considering whether or not she would have won the Stephen Foster.

Let's just agree to agree on that little factoid and be happy that we have another major player back in the game.

Dahoss9698
06-13-2010, 07:40 PM
i'm not so sure about that. blame was 4 lengths back of a slow pace on a day when speed was king. that was an impressive race irrespective of the time just because he overcame many things that were working against him.

I'm not so sure speed was king. With the exception of the Borel winner that he rode for his brother, the other speed horses were all prohibitive favorites.

I know it's just easier to label tracks one way or the other, but closers fared okay in pretty much all of the dirt races.