PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast at Belmont

shouldacoulda
06-13-2010, 05:55 AM
After talking about it since I took Mom to last years Belmont Stakes, I finally took her to Breakfast at Belmont. It was great to say the least. Having breakfast (which was more than reasonable in price) track side watching the horses workout. They had a paddock demonstration where they show the different leg wraps they use and have a horse there for the people to pet. Then they take you on a tram ride through the stable area and finish with a starting gate demonstration, which the kids that were there loved. Admission for the breakfast is free and it is very kid friendly. They also do it at the Saratoga meet. I think another trip is in order with my sister and nieces. I can't recommend it enough. :ThmbUp:

Jasonm921
06-13-2010, 06:28 AM
I probably saw you there...actually on my way there now. The best kept secret in NY. A different atmosphere, everyone is relaxed and I find it very relaxing. The Saratoga one is very nice but the Belmont breakfast is fine as well. Where else can you get shots like this (yesterday). http://www.flickr.com/photos/easygoer/4692843437/

shouldacoulda
06-13-2010, 07:19 AM
The guy on the left was a real character. Very funny. I don't know why they don't promote it more. Good luck today.

lamboguy
06-13-2010, 07:44 AM
this is just proof that new york does know how to it right!

hearing your enjoyment of watching horses train and going backside is awesome. there is an education to learn by eating at the track kitchen during the break, and walking around the barns in the morning watching how the world turns there every single day.

BELMONT 6-6-09
06-13-2010, 07:51 AM
Really enjoy the breakfasts at Belmont. There is nothing better for the human psyche...the sounds and smells of the early morning race track. My daughter tags along and can never get enough of the whole experience.

shouldacoulda
06-13-2010, 08:33 AM
this is just proof that new york does know how to it right!

hearing your enjoyment of watching horses train and going backside is awesome. there is an education to learn by eating at the track kitchen during the break, and walking around the barns in the morning watching how the world turns there every single day.

Everyday? Can you do that everyday, or do you have to "know somebody" or work there? I would have gone back today but I am having company and the weather reports weren't so great.

lamboguy
06-13-2010, 08:42 AM
Everyday? Can you do that everyday, or do you have to "know somebody" or work there? I would have gone back today but I am having company and the weather reports weren't so great.i was a jock agent years ago. but if you own horses you can go backside all you want in the morning.

i don't think its to much different today, but usually on the weekends all the owners came out to see their horses breeze on the track, and often go back to barn and feed their horses carrots, and peppermint candies.

Jasonm921
06-13-2010, 10:05 AM
The breakfast is weekends and holidays...check NYRA's site

ldiatone
06-13-2010, 04:18 PM
does MNR do this????? (or do i know the answer)

cj's dad
06-13-2010, 06:58 PM
does MNR do this????? (or do i know the answer)

I understand that it is done there, but proper dress is required - you know, bib overalls-flannel shirt and work boots.

classhandicapper
06-13-2010, 06:58 PM
I've always enjoyed breakfast at Belmont.

It was fun at Del Mar too. ;)