PDA

View Full Version : Where to find , if possible 5 different free handicappers per Track

pktruckdriver
06-12-2010, 11:06 PM
I am curious if you know where I can do the following...

Find 5 different track handicappers for one (1) track

( the DRF seems to have 4 handicappers per track, then the local newspaper also does the card too, no? )

Is there a website I could find that has 5 h-cappers for the Ny/NJ or SoCal tracks anywhere ?? Free being the most important thing here.

Also where could I get the last 2 weeks PP's of a certain track, maybe the tracks website ?

I guess a subscription to DRF would get me this stuff, wouldn't it ? I could get it online right ?

I know this info is easy to get, but I ask in case there is a new site or a website I did not know of, make sense?

Thanks

njcurveball
06-13-2010, 01:25 AM
The NY Post and NY Daily News are two of the last papers to have public selectors.

Here is the post link. I don't know how to find the Daily News link quickly.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/horse_racing/post_experts_pick_the_winners_5cPwIHugG5hSljyUJNe6 TM

As for past performances, Whobet has the best site for linking to free ones by trainer or sire.

I don't know how far back you can go with them.

http://mysite.verizon.net/whobet/trks2day.htmlhttp://mysite.verizon.net/whobet/trks2day.html

Last we heard you were a happy camper with RDSS, Patrick. What happened? Their software has past performances, have you given up on them?

pktruckdriver
06-13-2010, 06:33 AM
Thanks NJ

harness2008
06-13-2010, 11:52 AM
Patrick, these aren't necessarily public handicappers but it is a free site that provides ratings for up to 5 tracks per day.

http://www.e-ponies.com/racingpicks.htm

PaceAdvantage
06-14-2010, 03:34 AM
Last we heard you were a happy camper with RDSS, Patrick. What happened? Their software has past performances, have you given up on them?I'm very curious to hear this as well. Patrick is usually pretty vocal when it comes to what he's tried. I remember him critiquing HSH and jonnielu's stuff...but I haven't heard anything from him about RDSS since he first posted that he had gone over there and found what appeared to be happiness.

pktruckdriver
06-14-2010, 11:31 AM
I'm very curious to hear this as well. Patrick is usually pretty vocal when it comes to what he's tried. I remember him critiquing HSH and jonnielu's stuff...but I haven't heard anything from him about RDSS since he first posted that he had gone over there and found what appeared to be happiness.

The Mighty Bossman has made his presence known, thank you sir.

You are correct I am not critiquing RDSS , because to me it is The Program for me, PERIOD. While HSH is tough to learn, once learned it too is awesome, but to expensive for me right now and too hard to keep up with it. RDSS is pretty simple and easy to use, Great CS and Support, and I win with it.

This info I ask for is something different and is a different thing alltogether, something I need not post about too much, okay.

Thanks

Patrick

Steve 'StatMan'
06-14-2010, 01:37 PM
Remember Patrick, that when you look at a newpaper or public selectors selections, even a private handicapper's selections, you're at the mercy of how they do their job, their style, their work environment, their deadlines and the timeframes that they work under, and the money they are paid, if not the owner, for doing what they are providing. Some do more than one track, others work for publications that give one of their newspaper employees 5 bucks for their top 3 horses on the local card - and sometimes those employees give them $5 worth of work in their mind, and pick off the whole card off the Overnight sheet in 5 minutes, with no race analysis (use the top jockey, oh, I remember that horse was good last time, oh, leading owner or trainer has that one, etc. Done with Race 1!)

pktruckdriver
06-14-2010, 07:56 PM
Thanks Steve

You are right, but I am unsure if that matters or not, as I am to find 5 public cappers for a certain single track, and then I will proceed to the next step.

Thanks for the replies

Patrick

cj
06-14-2010, 08:59 PM
If you are in a homeless shelter and playing horses, you need a lot more help than any 5 free public selectors are going to give you. That is just reality, no matter how hard it goes down.

Pace Cap'n
06-14-2010, 10:50 PM
I would imagine that the selections of five public handicappers are needed to plug into a system. It won't work.

Pace Cap'n
06-14-2010, 10:52 PM
And don't nobody ask why I would imagine that.

xtb
06-15-2010, 12:37 AM
Sounds like the "Dot System".

jamey1977
06-15-2010, 01:12 AM
Sounds like the "Dot System".
I have tried that game. From 1994-1997 I followed them all.. Boxed everything. It just doesn't work. I always say what Dick Mitchell said. Just take the Top 3 from the best one and bet his highest odds overlay to the tracks morning line. 5 handicappers even if you found 30 from 7 different publications wouldn't work. Find The best. Bob Ike is probably the most solid one out here on The West Coast. His picks are in the Pasadena Star News for the Santa Anita - Del Mar- Hollywood circuit.

dav4463
06-15-2010, 02:38 AM
There used to be a guy at Trinity Meadows who would buy the tip sheets. I think there were four or five of them. He would sit there with his pen and mark them all up and never once looked at a program or racing form. I don't know how he did, but he was always out there.

pktruckdriver
06-15-2010, 07:39 AM
Well never mind the system has been withheld, even after I was to seek on PA the possibility of locating 5 selectors at a track, and a few other things too.

Oh well back to what works pretty well RDSS.

By the way being in a homeless in Saratoga Springs isn't the worst place to be, but come July 21st I will be booted out as my 60 days will be up. Then I will begin to painic a little bit, as to where I can or what I can afford , if there is anything available, that is.

Also Playing the horse is paying for my rent, 70.00 a week, any a few other things too, actually I made more money playing the ponies that driving the cab.

Gotta go

Thanks again for the replies guys

Patrick